Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree568Likes

Thread: Safe smoke does not give you a right to assault children

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Um. Before someone else makes fun of me: What the heck happened to b)?
    Woops.

Quote Originally Posted by Train2 View Post
    Looks unanimous.
    Hopefully, the victim OP will return and see that it's not people vaping that is the problem, it's the couple TOTAL .....hats she encountered that are the problem.

So:
    a) It isn't smoke - but
    c) Puffing it in the immediate VICINITY of someone else's child is wrong - let alone blowing AT them intentionally - that's unforgiveable
    d) If you are considering "proving that it's safe" by blowing vapor somewhere people don't want to breathe your exhaust - please don't, it reflects poorly on all of us who are more considerate, and may, over time, create more places where vaping is specifically prohibited

2. Advertisement
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

yeah don't blame the product blame the idiots and unfortunately there will always be idiots out there...
    they lucky it wasn't me...I would have hauled off and smacked them for vaping into my kids face.

Now I have been a smoker for a long time but never inside the house but will admit I vape indoors....even still I do it away from my children and try to limit it....

it may be safer than smoking but I wouldn't say it's safe...after all it's still got nicotine in it...that being said depending on what was being vaped how do you know that the child or any other person isn't allergic to the product/flavor? Or how do I know you ain't sick? You're saliva is mixing with the vapor and you're blowing that into my kids face.....why don't I just spit into your face and save us all the hassle
    Sugar_and_Spice likes this.

4. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_and_Spice View Post
    I would image that the majority of members on this forum are using ecigs because of their health(which is great improvement over cigarettes). I congratulate you being able to quit using the patch.........
    Could this be another piece of the puzzle?? Ex-smoker who quit with the patch in comparison to us poor wretches who have to vape to quit smoking.
    Ilyanna likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran DanKnowsJack's Avatar

So, someone supposedly "assaults" your child in a grocery store, and instead of talking to a manager or anything that an actual concerned parent would do, you go on the internet and harass complete strangers? Perfect logic there.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If this did happen it is not indicative of the vaping community, at best it would be an isolated example of rude stupidity.

But really, vape gangs that hang out in grocery stores and accost toddlers? Not buying it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmueller88 View Post
    I like that some of these ECF Veteran's are quick to knock someone who raises a legitimate concern with the behavior of some ecig "vaprors". Try to put me down as much as you like, what happened is a fact.
    Are you afraid that someone may stand up to bad ecig behaviors and not let you do as you please.
    I will do as I please, thanks. I just happen to be a considerate vaper, and I don't need you to lecture me about vaping etiquette.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What I was thinking when I joined this forum, is who is a ecig smoker going to take advise from, a non ecig smoker or a ecig smoker. It has to start in forums like this.
    I really hope this never happens to us again, and I do actively look around for ecig smokers when I am in public, as to not run into this situation again.

Give me a break
    wv2win, bulldog63h and NamVet68 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wv2win View Post
    Could this be another piece of the puzzle?? Ex-smoker who quit with the patch in comparison to us poor wretches who have to vape to quit smoking.
    It is not those who use it to quit smoking, it is those who use it as a loophole to smoke in public places.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It is not those who use it to quit smoking, it is those who use it as a loophole to smoke in public places.
    Ok now you have me confused. Are you here because its wrong to blow vapor in childrens faces? or are you here because you want vaping banned in public places?

These are not the same issue at all.
    Ilyanna, cags and RosaJ like this.

Super Member* ECF Veteran ennagizer's Avatar

Concerning the Troll comments - I agree.

There are vapers out there who are inconsiderate, just like there are inconsiderate smokers and inconsiderate people in general. However, I can't see anyone purposely blowing vapor in a childs face. Maybe the OP walked into someone's exhaled vapor and maybe it was in a place that doesn't allow smoking. That's a more likely & believeable scenario.
    Ilyanna, bulldog63h and The Ocelot like this.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast