Please explain the RY designation: as in RY4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Please explain the RY designation: as in RY4

Default Please explain the RY designation: as in RY4

Does RY symbolize natural tobbaco taste? What are the differences between the various numbers following RY such as RY4, RY5, RY6, etc? I'm new to all of this vaping terminology and would appreciate clarification on this.

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to ECF POntificator!

I was under the impression that RY4 was one of the original tobacco-style flavors from way back, produced by Ruyan. I could be wrong though. I'm fairly certain someone will come along shortly that is more knowledgeable on that topic than I.

In the meantime...

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you!

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!!

Sonic

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I tried an RY4 from a local vendor and it kind of tasted, to me, like i was puffing on an unlit cigarette that had been dipped in a dirty ashtray.

But, as many people before me have mentioned time and again, taste is subjective. It may be your favorite all day Vape. I would suggest with any new flavor; pick up a small size, let is sit a few days, then vape it. If you like it, buy more quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificator View Post
    Does RY symbolize natural tobbaco taste? What are the differences between the various numbers following RY such as RY4, RY5, RY6, etc? I'm new to all of this vaping terminology and would appreciate clarification on this.
    Pontificator likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

As written in WIKI:

Ruyan is the original inventor of the e-cigarette and Ruyan has registered patents in more than 40 countries since 2003.[4] Ruyan began to form the idea for the electronic cigarette in 2000. In 2003, SBT was established, and the first patent was registered in the same year in China. In 2007, Ruyan’s first international patent was registered.[5] The patent was later granted in the United States as well.[6] It is important to point out, most e-cigarette sold use a heating element instead of ultrasonic technology.[7] However the first battery operated electric cigarette [8] patent registered in the United States was by Herbert A. Gilbert (Beaver Falls, PA, USA) on 17 August 1965

Quote Originally Posted by sonicdsl View Post
    Welcome to ECF POntificator!

I was under the impression that RY4 was one of the original tobacco-style flavors from way back, produced by Ruyan. I could be wrong though. I'm fairly certain someone will come along shortly that is more knowledgeable on that topic than I.

In the meantime...

I hope you find your visits here informative and fun. We have a huge community here that can be incredibly helpful in your journey. Feel free to ask any questions, as I'm sure there will be many with an answer for you!

Please see the links in my signature below for New Member information, as well as informative forums and threads on CASAA (Consumer Advocates for Smoking Alternatives Association) and the latest legislative news and info.

Again, welcome to ECF!!

Sonic
    river.guy and Pontificator like this.

RY4 vs RY5 or RY6, etc? What do the numbers signify?

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

RY1 the original formula was very very sweet. RY2 was a notch below this. RY3 a notch below RY2. RY4 you can say was originally a balanced formula between tobacco flavor with sweet cararmel and vanilla tones. RY5 and RY6 lean toward more of the tobacco with less of the sweet. If I'm wrong on this someone correct me, but that is how I read all of it from bits and pieces here and there on the forums. And yes, I am an RY4 variant ADV person leaning toward the sweeter versions, currently my ADV is Indigo's RY4
    Pontificator likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran quatro's Avatar

The thing is every RY4 is different, I have tried a few but only like/love one from a local business. The others were too sweet.
    Pontificator and glowplug like this.

Quote Originally Posted by quatro View Post
    The thing is every RY4 is different, I have tried a few but only like/love one from a local business. The others were too sweet.
    So true, I use one RY4 that I adore, it's my all day, every day vape. I just got a free sample from a company I bought equipment from and their RY4 is not at all the same. Just kind of sickly sweet, I'm gonna let it steep a week and see if it gets better before I give up.
    Wendy
    Pontificator likes this.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

The RY is Ruyan and 4 is the version.

Hint: I recommend you stay away from Dekang's new RY4. I have not heard from one person that likes it, and personally it gives me a major headache just smelling it.
    Pontificator likes this.
    "Quitting smoking after you get cancer is like putting on a seatbelt after a head-on collision."

I like the Hangsen RY4. It's been my first and only entry into the RY4 realm though. I just received some Hangsen RY6 this week and it's actually pretty good, but with a bit of warning, it does have a bit of a dirty ashtray taste to it, but in a good way. I like that true analog taste here in there throughout the day. Sort of a half day vape (hdv). I would recommend it to newcomers who want to start with the analog taste and work their way in.

I haven't heard many good things about DeKang in the 3 months I've been vaping, but I've also heard that DeKang is the base for many of the smaller providers of e-juice. So, that being said, it doesn't surprise me that someone said that the DeKang RY4 tasted bad.
    Pontificator likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast