Protank TIGHT DRAW!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Protank TIGHT DRAW!!

Default Protank TIGHT DRAW!!

So I have been switching the stock heads that come with my protank every fill. This is probably the 3rd or 4th refill on this head, and the draw went from airy to tight... Is something going on? im using 50/50 and have been since I bought my Protank. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this...

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

did you swap an evod head in there? my evod heads in the protank are significantly tighter than the protank head.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

every fill seems kind of expensive

anyhow, there are videos on youtube which explain how to full take the heads apart

you likely need to remove one or more of the flavor wicks, these are wicks that are not spun into the coil but sit on top of it...all you need is a little tweezer to get it out but its kind of impossible for me to explain the process here

google "cleaning the kanger pro tank" there are several you tube videos...even if you dont want to clean the head, you will want to get one of the flavor wicks out of there

Let me explain better, Im swapping the TWO heads that came with it EVERY OTHER clean. So I am still using the same two that came with it
    the_vape_nerd likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB Kucken View Post
    Let me explain better, Im swapping the TWO heads that came with it EVERY OTHER clean. So I am still using the same two that came with it
    ahh ok that makes sense

anyhow, the heads dont last forever, i do think you should try cleaning them...its no very hard to do once you've done it a time or two...take five minutes or so, you'll get to know the inner workings too so when you have a tight draw you can make adjustments
    JB Kucken likes this.

Moved On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

maybe the atomizer is gunked up now. I replace them regularly with brand spanking new (rebuilds)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What are you using them on? Sometimes on a Vamo, which has fairly deep threading, tightening a KPT fully will close off the intake holes. Can you loosen up the draw by unscrewing the KPT 1/4 turn?

Also, alot of us haven't had the greatest experience with the heads that come with the KPT. If you bought some extra heads, the build quality seems to be improved on replacement heads. Save your stock heads for rebuilding. Might just be time to clean them out and dry burn them.

Even if the head was filthy I'm not sure that would cause the draw to tighten up like that unless it was so bad it solidified. Are you using 2 different bases? One of my Protanks came with a base that did not have the air channels machined into it so there was pretty much no draw at all. Like sucking on your thumb kind of draw.

Well I take it out, and run it under warm water until the wick is white again. Should I be doing more? Eventually I want to Rebuild them both so I dont need to BUY more heads.

I am using it on a eG0-v V2 mega at around 4.5v.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast