Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Throat Bleeding from E-Cig???

Default Throat Bleeding from E-Cig???

Hi Everyone, quick question:

Is bleeding throat a known issue from e-cig ?

I'm 35 and I switched to vaping from 1pack/day AmericaN Spirit about 18 months ago. Intermittently I've been getting blood in the throat, first only in the mornings, now it comes throughout the day sometimes also.

It seems to be related to dry mouth - meaning, when I get dehydrated from vaping, it seems to coincide more with blood in spit/taste of blood in my mouth, but that correlation could be wrong. I vape only Mister E Liquid gray matter formulated with 50% VG

At first I thought it was from gums, but I now determined it's definitely from the throat. Sometimes I can sit there and spit up several balls of red bloody spit from my throat until the spit goes pinkish or normal white color.

I did a quick search on the net but couldn't really find anything. Is this from e-cig or a sign of deeper health problems? I feel as healthy as I have in my life, so I'm hoping it's not serious?

Is this just dehydration in the throat, cracking from being too dried out from the PG? I have kind of been ignoring this for a while but realized I should probably find out the bottom of it or quit vaping itself also.

THANKS!!!!

You should probably talk to a doctor about this. It could be a symptom of a very dry, dehydrated throat, or it could be something much more serious. Better safe than sorry.
    Myrany, Ibocpro and peraspera like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't heard of this before. Vaping does dehydrate and it is important to drink a lot of water. There is also a possibility that you are sensitive to PG. try getting a liquid that has a higher VG content. Aside from all that, it is important to go to a doctor. The Internet isn't a good substitute for a physician.
    peraspera and ImThatGuy like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

First of all you say this has been happening for 18 months? I think you should have gone to see a doctor or if you are typical person now a days that might not have health insurance got to a free clinic. It could be all sorts of things especially as a past smoker or it might not even be related to smoking but something else.

It could be as simple as a sinus infection or something more serious. It could be from severe dehydration but I cant imagine you would let yourself get so dehydrated that you would get bleeding of the mucous membranes. I know this sounds gross but many people get dry mucous membranes and pick their noses to the point that you might have broken some capillaries and you are not bleeing down your nose but the back of the nose and its going down your throat.

I say this with the deepest sincerity and worry, but seriously get your silly butt down to a doctor.
    peraspera, Ibocpro and chicknbemus like this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

See a doctor. As soon as possible.

Nobody here has any idea what is going on and we cannot dispense any medical advice, anyway.

Practicing medicine without a licence is a felony.
    Talyon and Vchick like this.

Thanks for the quick replies... I wasn't seeking medical advice really, I just wanted to see if this was a known thing that happens.

It hasn't been for whole 18 months, but more frequent I guess since the year started.

Thank you, I will report back what the findings are from a medical professional.
    peraspera, KerryK and Talyon like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

No matter what the cause you need to see a doctor. What you are talking about does not sound normal. Hope you are fine. Take care.

Thanks everybody I'm sure I'm fine cause I feel like I'm in perfect health, but yea, you never know!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

my aunt cant vape without getting bloody noses. shes totally against it now and refuses to ever try it again.
    Provari, Reo, Nzonic, SilverBullet, Natural, Evic, Bolt, Telescope, Kuwako, eGos, Volts. Mainly RBA Drippers & Novas.
    Vaping since 2009. You have to leave the house to find something worth staying for.

Is your nose dry? Do you ever see blood when you blow it or is it crusted blood? If so, it could be like post nasal drip but with some blood. I have alot to cough up in the mornings from having post nasal drip during the night. Its especially bad this allergy season. If it was a tear or bleed in the throat it would continue and I would think there would be pain. I vape Grey Matter 12 and 18mg and GM is the strongest TH juice Mr E makes so if your throat had a sore you would definitely feel it inhaling. Disclaimer: I'm no doctor... just using logic as I would if it was me. If you do have dry nose, Ayr gel works well and you can get it most anywhere like Walgreens. Also, saline nasal spray helps. And, of course, if none of this pertains or doesn't help... get to a doctor.

Edit: that post nasal drip stuff that gets coughed up feels like its coming from the throat or just below the base of it in the chest. When the nasal membranes are dry, they make a lot of mucous trying to sooth them. The nose can feel dry and even stuffy but between the nose and throat its full of mucous and goes down the throat. Okay... TMI... nuff said.
    Last edited by patkin; 06-14-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Plumes.91 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast