Pro tanks on Ego batteries...Pics? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Pro tanks on Ego batteries...Pics?

Senior Member Verified Member

You could get a vivi nova mini metal - it has a small form and sits nicely on top of my spinners. If you prefer the bottom coil, there is a pro-tank mini in the pipeline according to Kanger's official website and this thread Kanger protank mini That might give you the look and feel you're looking for.

Of course it's not out yet and I have no idea if it's a good head, just throwing it out there.
    That protank mini looks gorgeous.
    They have a video up

Kanger Mini
    Last edited by Jack Pappas; 06-23-2013 at 01:51 AM.
    Wow1420 likes this.

Looks like I'm late getting back. It looks a bit ridiculous but puffs just great! I'll have to keep my eye out for that mini.

I can't get the damn pic to upload.

Full Member Verified Member

Thank you everyone!! It doesn't look too horrible I suppose. I think it would be okay for the harsher juices here and there but not something I would want to use when I am on the go. I'm just starting up, and I'm in the process of finding things I like and don't like. My 650mAH battery lasts me 2 days on one charge since I don't vape a lot, and I use the 5 push feature to turn it off when not in use, so it is fitting for what I need, but maybe I could do a 900mAH or even an 1100mAH battery just for the use of the pro tank....I will figure something out. I like the vivi nova mini metal tanks, but I can't seem to find a cheap knock off version to do a test run on, same with the MT3's. I LOVE my CE4's so I'd like to stay close to that size. I appreciate all of the pictures, and your set up's look amazing!! I can't wait to finally find something I can be happy vaping all day, then I can buy more goodies lol. I never knew quitting smoking was so much fun!!
    SkuttleBug likes this.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I find the Protank a bit heavy for an eGo. It's not the look, it's the weight. Reminds me of a mace.

You could do some serious damage if you hit someone with it, so it might be good for out and about in a rough part of town.

I often use IBTank 19mm carto tanks on eGos, they don't weigh nearly as much as a Protank. This is a 19mm XL on a 650mAh. I like the look of a standard sized tank on a 650mAh a bit better (it takes a 35mm carto, instead of a 45mm), but I don't have a picture of it.

little vaper.jpg

I'm not a big Vivi Nova fan, but there is a pyrex one available. I don't know how they perform compared to regular Vivis, I don't know anyone who has tried them.

Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank
    InTheShade and Tornadotwist like this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Vaper Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Just be aware that when you buy a vivi nova, it shouldn't have the metal cone on top of the silicone cover of the coil. It should be flat - if not, you may well have serious leaking issues.

The one on the right is the clone

realvfakevivi.jpg
    anavidfan and Tornadotwist like this.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    I find the Protank a bit heavy for an eGo. It's not the look, it's the weight. Reminds me of a mace.

You could do some serious damage if you hit someone with it, so it might be good for out and about in a rough part of town.

I often use IBTank 19mm carto tanks on eGos, they don't weigh nearly as much as a Protank. This is a 19mm XL on a 650mAh. I like the look of a standard sized tank on a 650mAh a bit better (it takes a 35mm carto, instead of a 45mm), but I don't have a picture of it.

little vaper.jpg

I'm not a big Vivi Nova fan, but there is a pyrex one available. I don't know how they perform compared to regular Vivis, I don't know anyone who has tried them.

Pyrex 3.5ml ViVi Nova Tank
    Again Thank you Ocelot! You have really helped me in the few posts I have had. I went ahead and placed an order for 2 of the pyrex vivi nova's you linked me too. They come in pretty colors which I love lol and they are more of the size or look to be more of the size I am wanting, plus they are glass! I will still give pro tank a try as well, but these nova's look like a great fit, I just hope they work as good as they look!

Quote Originally Posted by Aglet View Post
    Just be aware that when you buy a vivi nova, it shouldn't have the metal cone on top of the silicone cover of the coil. It should be flat - if not, you may well have serious leaking issues.

The one on the right is the clone

realvfakevivi.jpg
    Thank you!! I wonder why some have the cone at the top and some do not? My CE4 obviously has one, what difference do they make since it is just an air flow thing? My CE4 does leak very slightly at the bottom and always has since day one. I can take the tank off to refill or charge and I always have to wipe the battery out with a q-tip and the bottom of the clearo out with a q-tip as well. Wish there was a way to fix that problem besides throwing it in the trash and getting a new one.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SueGeo View Post
    Attachment 223536

Maybe this will help with size perspective. 650mah ego with Protank, 650mah with Evod, 400mah with metal tank mini Vivi Nova, 350mah with Evod.

I think I could deal with the size of the protank, but it's very top-heavy on an ego.
    Sue where can I find the 350mah ego?!
    So cute!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    Wow1420 and Tornadotwist like this.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tornadotwist View Post
    Again Thank you Ocelot! You have really helped me in the few posts I have had. I went ahead and placed an order for 2 of the pyrex vivi nova's you linked me too. They come in pretty colors which I love lol and they are more of the size or look to be more of the size I am wanting, plus they are glass! I will still give pro tank a try as well, but these nova's look like a great fit, I just hope they work as good as they look!
    At some point you'll probably want to get a "thread cover" (sometimes called “cone covers,” or “skirts”) it makes Vivis look more streamlined on eGo-type batteries. (For some reason a few vendors called them “adaptors,” which is a misnomer, the cover is purely cosmetic.) You would want a "D" for the 3.5ml Vivi.

eGo sized C and D on batteries

I'm not a big Vivi nova fan, but a lot of people are. Hopefully you will be one of them.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Senior Member Verified Member

Looks like the Kanger Mini Protank will be released around the 4th of July.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NakiFantaki View Post
    Sue where can I find the 350mah ego?!
    So cute!
    Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I got the 350mah Mini from HighDesert Mini eGo Battery - High Desert Vapes

The slightly larger 400mah is from Stormy's http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/i...product_id=154

The 400 is new to me, I've had the 350 long enough that I can say it works surprisingly well for it's size. I liked the first one enough that I went back and got two more colors. LOL You could call me a mini Ego maniac.
    Last edited by Wow1420; 06-24-2013 at 02:23 AM.
    Tornadotwist likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast