smok tech vv winder or ego twist
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: smok tech vv winder or ego twist

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default smok tech vv winder or ego twist

Which is better, or are they the same? How long would 650 mah last compared to a blu disposable

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I would stick with genuine JOYETECH Twists.
    A 650mAH should last you about 5-6 hours if you are not running it at high wattage with low resistance.
    I keep mine set about 4.0 - 4.2

I don't know how long a blu disposable lasts, must be like 200puffs or something very dismal.

Get a 1,000 mah Twist or Vision spinner 1300 mah for home, they are longer in size but should last about 8-10+ hours.

I had both 650 and 1000 when I started out

I did not choose the smoktec as quality control doesn't impress me given recalls on other stuff, etc.

TC's given: 9/27/12~ 11/17/12~04/01/13~12/8/14 TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Just got my 900mah vision spinner yesterday and man is it great!

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Just went through this evaluation myself and came up with the following information.

Stick Batteries, known as eGo Style Batteries (entry level, backup, out and about, stealth, primary):

Trusted Vendors shown, but NOT selected based on pricing, you'll still need to shop around. You will need device specific battery chargers (which often come in kits) for these devices. Also, kits often provide two batteries allowing for simultaneous vaping while charging of the backup. Each of the eGo style batteries below have both 510 and eGo thread connections. As such, they are compatible with most toppers, including most Kanger products. Additionally, each of these devices has at least variable voltage, which allows you to adjust and regulate the battery output voltage, providing customizable vapor production, temperature, throat hit, and finding the "sweet spot" for your juices to suit your individual vaping preferences:

1. Innokin iTaste 3.0 vv/vw, usb passthrough, ohms reader, etc. - https://ivape.net/index.php/iTaste-V...rl-Chrome.html (variable power, LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.3 - 5.0 volts, 6.0 - 11.0 watts, 800mAh)
    2. SLB KGO VV - http://www.hoosierecig.com/Mega-KGO-...6v-_p_441.html (LCD display, +/- buttons, Usb passthrough, 3.0 - 6.0 volts, 650 - 1200mAh)
    3. Vision Spinner - Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (3.3 - 4.8 volts, 1300mAh)
    4. Joyetech Twist - eGo Twist 1000 Mah Battery in Black (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 650 - 1000mAh)
    5. Smoktech Winder - Smok eGo Winder 900mAh Variable Volt Battery (3.2 - 4.8 volts, 900 - 1100mAh)

Best Starter Combo kit out there, imho, provides two batteries, i.e., the twist and/or spinner, and two toppers, i.e., the eVod and/or MT3s, among others: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_S...bo_p/vvs-c.htm.

Recommend one eVod and one MT3s topper with one Spinner and one Twist to start. This way you get four different products with the kit and allowing you to experience four different setups, as you figure out your preferences and what works best for you. BTW, you can spend less and get a fixed voltage battery, but you'll have much less vape flexibility and it won't be long before you'll want to upgrade to variable voltage, more than likely, and the difference initially is only a few dollars per battery anyway. My Congrats on getting here, good luck and Vape On!
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I bought an joye ego twist and a smoktech winder for my first vv battery's about a month ago. Of those two I prefer the winder as the numbers on the dial are so much easier to read. I can only seem to read the twist dial when it is in direct sunlight and the stars and moon are in perfect alignment. The rest of the battery's seem to be of equal build quality and battery life between the two is not notably different. They are both 900mah and the pair will last me about 1.5 days if I run them dead, but I usually use one for half the day then swap it out for the other and put it on the charger. Battery life really depends on how much you vape.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

JoyeTech Twist is a clone/ knockoff of the original Ovale Twist.
    I own both Twist and Spinners and much prefer the Spinner cuz:
    wider knurled voltage dial
    easy to see voltage numbers
    Spinner is 1 mm wider than the Twist but is shorter.
    As for the Winder it's similar to the Spinner.
    All the above PVs are manufactured by large and reputable companies. Most of us that own both Twists and Spinners prefer the Spinner.
    Here's a Winder sale:
    Vapor Joes - Daily Vaping Deals: LOWER: Smoktech Winder VV Ego 900mAh - $16.14

As for manufacturers they all have their pros and cons. LOVE some SmokTech gear but also HATE some of their stuff. Same with Vision and JoyeTech.
    Last edited by Vapoor eyes er; 06-24-2013 at 12:30 AM.

Coke or Pepsi?
    Non-Smoking and vjdossey like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have not tried the Winder, but I have a Smok ego passthrough and a Joye ego Twist. The center pin on the Smok battery got crushed quickly and now I have to pry it up every so often and not everything will work on it. It is relegated as an emergency battery. My two Twists have been used heavily every day for almost a year and haven't had a single issue with connection or center pin.

Just my experience.
    Candi
    http://youtube.com/candimccann
    Smoke Free since April 9, 2012

ECF Veteran

For the price this seems like a great deal anyone have experience with this one? $15.75 EGO-CE4S Twist 3-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - black / 2.7

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Cant go wrong with the Spinner.. IMHO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast