Show me your home made vape storage pics - Page 4
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree598Likes

Thread: Show me your home made vape storage pics

Senior Member Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snicks View Post
    The thing is any one of you can make most of those wood mod holders. Sand paper, stain or some clear coat, drill with hole saws, wood, exotic or otherwise, saw if you want to cut a shape...

And if you have the tools it would literally just cost you the wood and time.
    You know, this assumes a lot of things:

1. That I have wood
    2. That I can measure
    3. That I have a saw
    4. That I have a drill
    5. That it would be better to acquire all of the above *plus* the skill to use them than to simply pay a talented guy $40 or so to do it for me.

Super Member ECF Veteran pamdis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial_One1 View Post
    You know, this assumes a lot of things:

1. That I have wood
    2. That I can measure
    3. That I have a saw
    4. That I have a drill
    5. That it would be better to acquire all of the above *plus* the skill to use them than to simply pay a talented guy $40 or so to do it for me.

Yep! It never ceases to amaze me that people who have skills just think, "Well, anyone can do it themselves, it's so easy! Why would they pay me to do it for them?" Well, because of the reasons quoted above.

If you have a skill that comes easy to you, and you love doing it, please realize that there are many of us who would pay you to exercise it!

It's the reason I pay someone to do my yard work. I know it's easy, and it would be cheaper to do it myself.
    It's the reason I buy e-juice from a vendor instead of DIY. I know it would be cheaper to DIY, and it sounds like it would be easy.

It's the reason I am currently translating foreign language literature for myself. Because THAT's how I would rather spend my time and one of the ways I entertain myself. Would some people pay to read my translation when I'm done instead of doing it themselves? Maybe. They would probably enjoy the end product of my efforts, but would never take the time to produce it themselves. Because they are too busy woodworking and gardening!

Member Supporting Member ladygadget's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Forstner bits and a drill press. Sand paper, a 50/50 mix of shellac and denatured alcohol. Mahongany blocks are a good start. You can get some really great scrap blocks from a wood supplier too. And a little patience goes a long way.

hmm, I have those things, maybe I should think about it!

I'm a noob, but I made this quickly last weekend. I need to add some finish and polish it. Now I wish I still had my wood lathe...

caddy.jpg
    Last edited by ladygadget; 06-30-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

vapestandstage1.jpg

It's still early in the build, but this is where I'm at so far. I'm gonna be drilling a series of holes in front of the mods (on the ledge) to accept the 510 connections from my delivery devices. I really don't have the tools to really do this right, but I'm gonna make it work. Next step is getting the surfaces flush for the ebony veneer I've got coming. That and some purple felt to line the holes. I may wind up making a version 2 (assuming this one goes well), to apply some of the things I've learned so far with this one. Will update with the end result in the next week or so.

Hey Kyadow, I assume that the green army man is there to provide security for your stash of goodies. I love it.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

About 7 bucks from Wallies

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I really like yours TJ, that is kind of what I was thinking for mine but then I found the spinny thing.

I also like the guard duck.
    TBPlayer2112 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

I'm working on a new block today. I'm butcher blocking some seasoned heart pine and should be finished sometime later this evening.

You know, I really wish Lowes or Home Depot sold beer. That way, I could get everything I need to screw up a perfectly good project with one stop.
    Linden, ms1055, InTheShade and 4 others like this.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

PV Master ECF Veteran

mine are just kinda stashed all over the house,,,,,,,,,

keeping it all together in a nice neat little package? Whodathunkit?
    ms1055 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by texasguy4 View Post
    Attachment 224543Attachment 224545
    Just made this one last Sunday
    Gorgeous! Love it!
    ladygadget and MelanieDreams like this.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast