Wicks and wire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wicks and wire

Default Wicks and wire

I was recently laid off from work and money is tight and buying heads for my vivis and pro tank and evods is kinda not there i was wondering what size coil wire and wick r good for these i want to try my hand at rebuild please help!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

2 or 3 mm silica for wicking will do and 28 to 32 gauge wire should be good.
    Of course these are just my opinions.
    Everyone has their own right to their own opinion, if they like it and you don't let them be.
    We are all here for the same reason, Vape on.

thats cool like i always say any info helps i just appreciate the reply

For the vivi's and the protanks (same for the evod's) I use 30 or 32. I find 28 too thick, unless you want really low ohms and want to put it on a mech.

For VV/VW I would stick to 30/32g wire.

Doesn't matter what kind or wick you are using. I agree, 3mm always works for me. I tested with double folded 3mm last week. It works, but I got too many wraps on there, so the resistance was on the high end for me. On the protank I do not use flavor wicks and not a sillicon thingy on the air tube. Gives me more flavor. Haven't tried this fat a wick on the vivi though...

So anything from 3 - 4 X 1mm - 3 X 1.5mm - 2 X 2mm - 1 X 3 mm etc. will work. Just use what you have lying around or if you are just starting, try out what kinds of wick you like the best in terms of making a new coil and wicking capabilities. If you are tight on a budget, try to see if you can recoil with el-cheapo cotton. Look for the threads here on ECF. It wicks great. Small learning curve. I prefer German silica right now, however, is more expensive then cotton balls or cotton roll.

The most versatile wire for clearo's is def. 32g I think.

We All Shine On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you haven't already do some searches for youtube videos on rebuilding. watch as many as You can sit through. Then You will have a lot of info options and opinions to help decide what you want to use and how you want to go about it.

Click On the Icon And Play Along

With money tight, skip the wick and learn to use cotton from cotton balls or even q tips. Pretty sure you already have those. Some people swear by cotton for flavor, just dont let it go dry.

Super Member ECF Veteran BigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sovran View Post
    With money tight, skip the wick and learn to use cotton from cotton balls or even q tips. Pretty sure you already have those. Some people swear by cotton for flavor, just dont let it go dry.
    For Protank I use a 5 wrap on a 1/16 drill bit and then pull cotton through the coil. I get a 1.8-2.0 coil, and make sure you prime it and let it sit for at least half an hour.
    Mad Scientist likes this.

thanks for the info but i dont think cotton would be good for me i chain vape and get dry hits now and again thinkin that would be nasty

Super Member ECF Veteran BigLebowski's Avatar

Ive never had a dry hit with cotton in Protank, it wicks really well especially with a BCC. I definitely wouldn't use it in my Igo-L.

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Easy, review this video, everything you need to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6_b-uUKVJg
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast