Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DavidOck
  • 1 Post By popcornplaya

Thread: Carto flooding

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Carto flooding

Hey Guys! Been vaping for a few months now. Started with an kanger t3 / twist setup but started using carto tanks recently. Anyway, I've used 2 boge F15s and 2 Boge XL SR cartos in ibtanked tanks. Everything was great and I was happy because I finally found something that didn't put e juice in my mouth and had better flavor. Then, I got some flooding. I first got flooding with an LR XL boge carto so I just replaced it with an SR carto and it worked fine. I figured it was just a bad carto. Then I got some ikenvape platinum cartos since I've heard good things about them. So I primed the first one using the condom method and it started flooding right away. I tried blowing the liquid out with it upside down and vaping with the 2 holes outside the tank. After a few puffs, it was flooded again. So I got another one and primed it by sucking through the drip tip while covering the hole on the battery side while in the tank with e liquid. I got about 10 good puffs then it floods again. I go through the same process trying to get the excess liquid out but it just starts flooding again. All 3 cartos were new and had either epic apple jax or epic banilla. I believe they are 40/60 pg/vg. Just wanted to know if there's something I'm doing wrong or are the ikenvape platinum (2 3mm holes) for thicker than 40pg/60vg e juice? I did search for flooding issues with ikenvape cartos but couldn't find much. Thanks!
    Last edited by player one; 07-07-2013 at 07:09 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Those are the cartos I am using and I think it is just the carto. Maybe pulling too hard on the inhale has something to do with my issue but I can only get about 9ml through them before they start to gurgle, tighten up, then flood out. The Fusions work much better for me, 6-10 days on some cartos.

Edit: 40PG/60VG juice here, DIY so I am sure about the ratio
    Last edited by VapinWolf; 07-07-2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Time to √ape
    "Always Have Back-Up Gear"

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Could be your vaping technique.

If you don't already, try a long gentle draw.
    Ciel and Baditude like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The only issue I have had flooding is with the AGR tank and the orings don't seal correctly. Wondering if your install is different somehow not giving the correct seal to the carto?
    Last edited by popcornplaya; 07-07-2013 at 02:19 PM.
    OCD likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks for the replies guys. I left a piece of paper towel inside the carto last night before I went to bed to absorb the excess e juice. This morning, I am able to vape without flooding. Flavor is still not as good vs my boge but I'll be happy as long as the flooding is gone.

Full Member Verified Member

i thought this all just happened to me and i was doing something wrong

Blog Entries

I suspect your issue was your vaping technique, as David suggested.

I always recommend that people imagine using a straw in a thick milkshake. Longer, gentle, consistant draws over 4 - 6 seconds.

Pulling too hard or doing unnecessary primer puffs (pulling without power on) can flood a carto.