Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: which oine? iTaste svd/ zmax mini/ vamo

Default which oine? iTaste svd/ zmax mini/ vamo

new user here

looking to upgrade but not sure which one to choose from. I'm looking for good build, reliability. I'm a mod. to heavy vaper, mosly use bottom feed clearos and single coil tanks. haven't tried dual coils as of yet, so really looking for a pv/mod that will suit my needs and grow a little. personally i'm leaning towards the iTaste but not sure if its worth the coin. open to suggestions

I know that the Vamo has a 5 amp limit and I believe the full-sized Zmax does also, so that will allow you to vape just about any head on the market with those two. My guess is that the SVD has at least a 4 amp limit, maybe also a 5 amp.

All three are good VW models for the price. I personally don't like the sideways screen of the SVD or the button placement but that is a minor item, IMO. I also prefer the 3 button function of the Vamo over the one button of the Zmax. But from a quality of vape, I would think they are all quite similar.
    donesmokin and Borescoped like this.

Full Member Verified Member

Welcome to the forums Daemoniclord.

I have the vamo2 and SVD, the vamo has weak brass threads and I don't like the way I have to force tanks on. I would buy the SVD any day over the vamo. The SVD is without doubt better built, and looks better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wamo View Post
    I have the vamo2 and SVD, the vamo has weak brass threads and I don't like the way I have to force tanks on. I would buy the SVD any day over the vamo. The SVD is without doubt better built, and looks better IMO.
    I use a 5ml glass carto tank on my Vamo and have never had to "force" it in any way. As with any PV, one must be careful not to over tighten the head. Some people use shorty 510 to 510 adapters to not worry about how much they tighten their head onto their PV.
    Texasman2011 and Borescoped like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I have a Vamo v2 in stainless and I love it. I am not a fan of the look of the Vamo v3 but I do like the updated screen, buttons and the top cap. There is a Vamo v4 on the way that is supposed to be the body style of the v2 with the updates from the v3. I hope it has the top cap. I use iClear 30's and Kanger ProTanks.

I have found that with the Kanger on the Vamo v2 there is just too much air for me on the draw due to the fact that it does not flush mount (by design of the Vamo) and because the ProTank has it's own air cut-outs on the bottom. A friend helped me solve that issue though. We were talking about it one day and he happened to have an ego thread cover for a dct/nova base. I screwed that onto the Vamo v2 then backed it off a bit to fit flush with the Kanger ProTank when it was fully mounted. You have to adjust it a bit at first but you will quickly find the spot and it will stay in place. Once the ProTank was mounted with the base in place the ProTank draw was tremendously improved and it also feels a lot more stable on the Vamo as it is sitting flush to a much larger base now.
    Borescoped likes this.

The Wizard Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

The SVD telescopes, so it has the most flexibility. However, I think the Sigelie V3 is a better telescoping mod, and less expensive. Vamo gives good flexibility in 350 or 650 batts, as does the SVD. The Sigelei mini is one of my very favorite APV's, but you are limited to 350's. Not a problem for me, as I have a dozen or so batts. The Sigelei V5 is coming out on July 15, and I think that may be the best of the bunch. My two cents. Welcome, best to you.
    Borescoped likes this.
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Personally, I'm going with the VAMO, for capability and the pricepoint.

Stainless Steel VAMO, body only.

SS VAMO, battery & charger kit. Of course, with this kit, you'll need your own toppers.

I would like to get the SVD in the future though, or maybe the Sigelei V5. Currently waiting on my kit to show up from FT.
    wv2win and Vapoor eyes er like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Borescoped View Post
    Personally, I'm going with the VAMO, for capability and the pricepoint.

Stainless Steel VAMO, body only.

SS VAMO, battery & charger kit. Of course, with this kit, you'll need your own toppers.

I would like to get the SVD in the future though, or maybe the Sigelei V5. Currently waiting on my kit to show up from FT.
    Make sure you use it in RMS (N02) mode and adjust your power in watts. If you want a wrap for it, I got mine here and they go on easy and work well:

Vamo

Senior Member Verified Member

Dint like the zmax as it needs out of mod charging..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast