Kanger vs IClear 16 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Kanger vs IClear 16

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC2 View Post
    Keep in mind that the iClear 16 is a dual coil clearo with around 1.8ohm resistance, whereas the Kanger evod/protank comes stock with a 2.5ohm coil unless specified otherwise.

In a normal unregulated (non vv) eGo, that naturally will give the iClear a very big advantage on hit over the evod, both due to the top coil being closer to your mouth, so warmer vapor, but also a stronger hit, due to the lesser resistance of the 1.8ohm coils. BTW, there are 1.8ohm evod coils available, and on a stock eGo battery, that may suit you better. On a variable voltage device, I prefer the higher resistance coils as they give me more play with voltage settings without burning. On a stock eGo battery however, sometimes the evods just come in a little on the "weak" side and would perform more to my liking with the 1.8ohm coils.

I use both iClear 16s (and 30s) as well as evods, and they each have their advantages/disadvantages. I prefer the evod, as less wick=cleaner flavor, but the iClear 16s perform nicely as well. Some flavors seem to taste better on the iClear, others with the evod.
    Nice solid post with some good info....thanks so much! We would also like to thank the others who have added some input. Y'all are great!
    Vapoor eyes er and Borescoped like this.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by onuco View Post
    The kanger works perfectly with the evic. thats what im using and i had no problems so far.
    Which Kanger? I have evods (some) and only half of them work on an evic t.b.h.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I just like bottom coils. They are a lot less work. They stay wet. I would be hard pressed to give up my ProTank or my EVODs.
    Borescoped and Kyle&Ann like this.
    Lovin' Life Without Analogs

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use kanger pro tank with my itsaste mvp, iclear 16 with my smoktech pipe mod, and evod tanks on all my ego stuff (with 1.8 ohm coils put in) they all have their advantages depending on what you are using them with!
    Kyle&Ann likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran PeteC2's Avatar

While I do use and like the iClears, cost of ownership is another matter. Because of the dual coils, replacement coils are pricey and rebuilding is not an option. Evod/Pro Tank coils are cheap to buy, but even a noob like me can easily rebuild them and really save money.

That is not to say that the iClears are in any way bad clearos however.
    Kyle&Ann likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC2 View Post
    While I do use and like the iClears, cost of ownership is another matter. Because of the dual coils, replacement coils are pricey and rebuilding is not an option. Evod/Pro Tank coils are cheap to buy, but even a noob like me can easily rebuild them and really save money.

That is not to say that the iClears are in any way bad clearos however.
    Hey Pete...you have a link to an easy to understand how to on rebuilding Evod/ProTanks?
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123