Newbie to vaping - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Newbie to vaping

Senior Member ECF Veteran Gaspar74's Avatar

Can someone suggest a decent setup for me.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaspar74 View Post
    Can someone suggest a decent setup for me.
    Hey, Gaspar! I'm sort of chuckling, because you're going to be getting a bazillion replies suggesting a megazillion "decent setups"

There are hundreds of vendors online for you to research. I'm going to recommend my favorite vendor for vaping hardware, VaporKings Tulsa Oklahoma Electronic Cigarettes Supplies. They carry some RN4081s, as well as several eGo kits and batteries and accessories (and lots of other stuff too). I especially like this vendor because their descriptions and instructions are complete and easy to understand, and their videos are helpful too. My "decent setup" suggestion for you is the eGo series. They are basic but definitely a step up from cigalikes. They also sell a selection of e-liquids.

As far as refilling your 4081 carts, pop off the end cap and check the white "filling." If it looks wet (slushy), it's good to go. If it looks dry, add drops of juice till liquid just starts to pool on top. Let it sit for a minute or so, replace end cap, wipe off the battery end, and voila...

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by notdanielbutdaniel View Post
    I'm also new to vaping, got the Kangertech Evod which I'm liking a lot. I once tried using a twisp electronic cigarette, I don't remember the model but what I'm finding a lot more enjoyable about the EVOD is that it's got quite a bit of vape and throat burn - which I think is key to overcoming the psychological ciggie cravings.

Basically 28 hours and counting since my last "smoke"
    Congratulations on your "first 28," daniel, and welcome to ECF! Never heard of twisp, but it sounds like with your EVOD you're on the right track to Happy Vaping! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

From what appear your transitioning from cigarettes to vaping. The question how do you like vaping. I quite cold turkey and strictly went to vaping. My husband has been in the game for quite sometime now. I'm a late bloomer because I was stubborn. I have a Nemesis and Doc Dave TI Turbine set up and love it. It a 22mm mod. I tried an eGo and the difference in performance is day and night. The nemesis X Turbine combo hits harder.

I love vaping. I find it very enjoyable. I'm just overwhelmed by all the options and lingo etc. I'd like to get a good answer on what's a step up from my "smoke to live" e cig which looks like a cig and is a rn4081. I'd like to get something better but not too complicated either. My head is spinning. Can anyone suggest a good and easy setup?

Senior Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by AgentAnia View Post
    Congratulations on your "first 28," daniel, and welcome to ECF! Never heard of twisp, but it sounds like with your EVOD you're on the right track to Happy Vaping! Looking forward to seeing you around the forum
    Thanks Ania the Agent, appreciated !

good luck man! keep vaping!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Welcome and congratulations on cutting back on your smoking. The following is a complete setup, all you will need is e-juice. You want to pick the 1300mah Spinner and EVODs for cartomizers.
    http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_S...bo_p/vvs-c.htm
    Lovin' Life Without Analogs

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you are looking to salvage from what you already have (can't comment on your newer kit because I'm not familiar with the threading), Vapor4life gear is 808 threaded. If you have batteries that are still functioning and want to keep using them in the mean time, I'd suggest picking up some 808 threaded E-smart clearos. VaporKings has them and I think they are around $13 for 5 of them. They work much better than cartomizers IMO. If you're looking for a new set up entirely, you may want give more detail about the things that would be important to you in a new set up (price range, size, ease of use, compatibility with existing gear, etc) to give other forum members a better guide when providing advice. You may want to look in to an EVOD kit (I love mine and you can find them at around $40 for the 650mAh) or look in to Ego batteries and different clearomizers (T3s, MT3s,protank, etc), Hope this helps some

Just to update, I went with a couple Ego c twists from Joytech and Kanger T3S clearomizers. So far very happy. I got a 650mah and a 1000mah. I like the size of the 650 better as its a lil smaller than the 1000mah and I've been vaping basically all day on it and still working. I heard some only getting 4-6 hrs on it. I have been vaping all day with it. I keep volts around 3.4-3.6 mostly. I'm not crazy about some juice I got so have been vaping the bottle of juice I got from my original e cig. It's the smoke to live juice. I enjoy it. I'm on the hint for something similar. It's s bit caramel lil vanilla. The Mr Brown I got is close but throws a menthol hit to it and gives me a headache from it. Soi guess the chase for good juice begins or I just continue to pay top dollar for the "smoke to live" juice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12