Newbie to vaping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Newbie to vaping

Senior Member ECF Veteran Gaspar74's Avatar

Default Newbie to vaping

Hi all,
    I am a 20 year smoker and my GF bought me a e cig kit from a mall vendor. It's called smoke to live. She paid an outlandish amount of money for everything appx 225 for a kit with two batteries, charger, case, a container of liquid and a few boxes of cartomizers. After reading some posts here she early got duped. With that said I can say I've been mostly smoking the e cig but sometimes have a couple real cigs.
    I'm a heavy smoker 1.5 packs a day and up.
    I'm interested in continuing to vape for obvious health reasons. What is the best alternative to the real thing. I've seen lots of different styles of e cigs etc. I'd like to keep my current setup seeing she paid a lot for it. I believe it's a 4081 setup. I also have a kit from a few years back from a company called vapor4life but it seems the parts aren't interchangeable. Any suggestions on what to do and what to buy for these setups?

Thanks in advance!
    wandawag and MGates like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm unfamiliar with the product, but i wanted to jump in and say welcome. It's a better way to live. And as far as smoking a few here and there, i did it for weeks after i started vaping. Smoke when you want, eventually you will stop. I just ran out one day and didn't buy any on the way to work a 12 hour shift. Haven't smoked since. Everyone is different, but every cig you dont pick up is a healthier choice. Congrats, and dont worry about the money. If you quit smoking and paid that much it will pay itself off. 7dollars a day for 30 day is 210 dollars.

Blog Entries

Great to see so many newbies, myself included. I can't help you with those products, but you may be able to figure out something compatible by reading the archives here. Congrats on cutting back, and don't sweat the money spent. It's a priceless symbol of your GF's feelings for you, and if it helps keep you from smoking, money well spent.
    wandawag likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, Gaspar, and you too, NicoHog. Yes, those mall kits are overpriced, but kudos to your GF, Gaspar, for caring enough to get one for you! If it keeps you from smoking even one cigarette, it was worth it.

Hold on to your original vaping equipment, even after you upgrade. Everyone needs backups, at several layers. Also, check forum threads and online vendors: there are adaptors available that allow you to use pieces of different systems with each other.

Good luck to you both, and welcome to the wonderful world of vaping!

Join CASAA and get a FREEBIE!
    Click here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...a-members.html

Hi peeps.
    Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. I am enjoying vaping and last night for the first time I was able to watch an entire movie with my GF without having to pause the movie to satisfy my nicotine cravings. I look forward to many more movies and not wreaking like cigarettes.
    wandawag likes this.

Full Member Verified Member nruiz's Avatar

Never heard of them before either, but welcome and good on your GF for getting you started.

I started off with a kit from V2 which are basically like "real" cigarettes. The butt is the disposable cartridge (liquid) and the rest is a rechargeable battery. Had it for two days and hated it. Then I got an ego c twist and my life has never been the same. Pop a kanger pro tank on there, get a few juices you really like (very important) with right dosage of nicotine and you'll be good to go.

I havent even thought about smoking a cig for 3 weeks!
    wandawag likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

welcome to ecf. can you post a pic of your new set up with a close up of the battery connection. the pros on here can probably tell you what you have. i am hoping it is a 510, but if not, then you can buy adaptors. do you have a local vape shop? they could tell you what kind of threading it is.
    Member casaa and vapers wild...hubby and I both quit on same day, so double the savings for more vegas trips! After 45 years of smoking for me, and 55 years for hubby...we can attest that vaping works! no more stinkies for us! Our quit date is 12-07-2012!

My research yielded its 4081. How often can I refill cartomizers and how much juice to use. It's 24 mg juice a d 16 mg cartos.

Senior Member Verified Member

I'm also new to vaping, got the Kangertech Evod which I'm liking a lot. I once tried using a twisp electronic cigarette, I don't remember the model but what I'm finding a lot more enjoyable about the EVOD is that it's got quite a bit of vape and throat burn - which I think is key to overcoming the psychological ciggie cravings.

Basically 28 hours and counting since my last "smoke"
    AgentAnia likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast