Kanger ProTank leaking
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bill's Magic Vapor

Thread: Kanger ProTank leaking

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Default Kanger ProTank leaking

This only happens when I first start vaping.I pick up my protank already attached to the battery and when I take my first couple of vapes it slightly leaks between the metal and the glass. I can tell by the way it feels slippery compaired to when I first pick it up and I can feel the juice on my fingers. Its only 2 weeks old. Has anybody else had this happen? Now after my first couple of vapes I wash it off (and my hands) and everythings alright. It only leaks when I take my first couple of vapes. I thought it might be a pressure change but I unscrewed it before I vape and reattach it and it still leaks only on the first couple of vapes. So I wash it off and alls good but if I sit it down for an hour or so and pick it back up just as soon as I hit the power button it happens again.

Juice Maker Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Sure, happens all the time. Very easy to accidentally get juice in the air tube, to create pressure differences that allow minor leaking from the bottom connection, etc. The new Protanks don't have the glass and metal glued together and fix this problem (supposedly). Leaking and clearos is a fact of life. Learning the quick fixes is all a part of vaping. Doesn't take long for it to become second nature, no matter how annoying it is at first. My two cents.
    Vedra likes this.
    Three were given to the Elves, immortal, wisest, and fairest of all beings. Seven to the Dwarf lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine Rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else, desire variable power.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Alright Thanks Billbeckusa. I should be getting a ProTank 2 in the mail tomorrow also with a protank mini. I just think its very annoying because if I was out somewhere and fired it up and it starts leaking and theres no place to wash it off or my hands,Very annoying

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

As you pick up on the idiosyncrasies of your setup, you'll find yourself packing various items that allow you to do quick fixes "in the field" so to speak. For example, when I'm out and about, I always have a mini repair kit for those "just in case" moments. The contents of said repair kit? Paper clip, paper towel, spare head and small juice bottle for refilling.

I have 3 of these. First thing i discovered was after refilling i needed to use a q-tip or something to soak up liquid in the top of the tank in the threads. Now no more leaking and no more gurgling.