Kanger ProTank I & II Leaking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kanger ProTank I & II Leaking

Default Kanger ProTank I & II Leaking

Hello fellow vapers,

I have been vaping for a few months now and recently upgraded to an eVic and some pro tanks. The problems I am experiencing is constant leaking from both style pro tanks. It's extremely frustrating. I have bought multiple atomizers for these tanks and the guy at my local B&M says these tanks "rarely" leak; okay. Whenever my liquid is below half full it starts gurgling and won't stop and then I pull off the tank and it's leaking all throughout the bottom of the base and onto my battery head contact. Is there ANY way to fix this? I am all about constancy so having to continuously pull apart the pieces with each style tank to wipe it all down is getting tedious. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Folks have made some good suggestions in the thread linked below.

Help with Kanger Protank leaking!!
    Last edited by ghola1was; 08-04-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Typo

Senior Member ECF Veteran

As long as mine 1&2 are inside in the A/C they work fine but I take them outside in the heat and within a few seconds both of them start gurgling and flooding. They also leak on my battery head.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When that happens to me I usually just hold them upside-down and unscrew the bottom to let them "burp" and then I'm fine once I reattach the pieces
    Heden Aklowd and antony73 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I have one theory as to how a small amount of juice can come out. It all stems from how we vape. I noticed that when I use my IGO-w that when I use it I get hot gas hitting my finger coming from the vent holes. Now that means I think that i am actually blowing into it sometimes. On a dripper you get hot gas on a Bottom feed system that could mean juice and hot gas coming out the bottom at the vent hole which is down where the 510 threads are. Could be I/we are actually putting a positive pressure in the tank. Also if you vape a lot in a row the thank will heat up and you could again get pressure in the tank. I don't have that much coming out of mine but I tighten the head down good, do NOT remove the floater wick and I do not fill mine up that far. If you leave an air gap big enough I think that may help. I do have to burp mine sometimes. But a negative pressure won't cause leaks quite the opposite. IMO/E.

Did you remove any flavor wicks? I read some people see leaking and flooding after that.

I have two mini protanks running right now, slightly different base design but same atomizer and tube design. No leaks yet, and we suck em down to the bottom. had them about a week now.

I had one atomizer start gurgling on me yesterday, swapped it out to a new one ( it was a week old ) no more gurgling. Working fine again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Which doesn't work 50% of the time

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i must be lucky, none of mine leak at all and i pretty much vap them empty and store them on there side. only time I get any gurgle is when im running my device lower then 4v
    Lombaowski likes this.

Sindoyen Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

All of my Kanger Pro Tank 2's, EVOD's and Mini T3's leak when the tanks get about half empty. Working on the cures...

GP PAPS SS V2.1, 18500 Edition SS V3, 18500 Edition LUX V3, LUX V3, TiX, SS X (2), LUX X (2), Piccolo V3.1, Heron (4), Spheroid V3, SnP 23mm.
    Reo: Mini 2.1, LP Grand (2), VV Grand, Woodvisl 18650 (2), 18490
    ProVari V2.5's: Stealth Mini, Stealth, Military Prototype, Metallic Bronze Mini, Polished

i will be receiving my protank 2 tomorrow! hopefully it doesn't leak

You probably have done what I've done which was took the rubber seal off the atomizer. At first i thought the rubber part was a protector of something. After getting a few more atomizers and youtubing assembly videos, my protank never leak since...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast