Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: How long does a CE4 last for?

Default How long does a CE4 last for?

Getting an eGo starter kit and have a couple coming in the kit.. Just wanna know how long they can last for to see if I should stock up on some.. Right now just gonna get disposable ones and then eventually get a protank to try out some tank crackers..
    Ramsay Bolton likes this.

That's a good kit and basically what I started with. The length that a coil on a clearmoizer will last depends on the liquid you are using. Stuff with coffee, chocolate and others will cause the coils to go bad much quicker. Then there are flavors that will not cause any issues and can go on for 2-4 weeks. It's been my experience that the darker the liquid the quicker it will eat up a coil. Hope that helps.

yup it does.. thanks..

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

A high percentage VG juice will muck up the atty quicker also.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Seems like everyone is talking about CE4's today. IMO if you have 2 coming, I would get a couple more or better still order a couple of something else. I know how easy it is to lose one for some reason and then you would only have one with no backup.

I used to use CE4's or Vision Stardusts as my main vape for a while last year. I would typically get a few weeks from one and have gotten as much as 6 weeks a couple of times. I used to rinse and dry burn after every couple of tanks. The wicks are silica and the heat of a dry burn does not affect them. What does affect their life is if you let them get too gunked up. That's bad as they then become very hard to get clean. I did once buy a cheaper clearo and found the wick deteriorated after the first dry burn, so I always stuck with the Vision product after that.

Here is a video on how to dry burn these. What he does is pretty much what I used to do and still do with my Vivi Nova coils. Don't worry about water on the wick, it will dry off in a minute once you put power on it. The trick is not to leave power on for too long or you will melt (people say 'pop') the coil. Watch the color of the coil. Once it gets red, immediately stop powering it. Of course, a gunked up coil makes for a pretty lousy vape, so you don't have much to lose if you destroy it. I poped one and then it never happened to me again.

With no maintenance, I estimate a CE4 will last about 2 to 5 tanks, depending on the juice and how much tolerance to deteriorating juice taste you have.
    Last edited by Ryedan; 08-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    IBCR Media likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Grimwald's Avatar

Agreed. I don't often use CE4s, but when I do, I prefer....
    Flush and dry burn after 2-4 fills. I get 2-4 weeks typically using about 2-3 fills per day.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto

Super Member Verified Member VapHer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally have been *so* unsuccessful and cleaning CE-4's. I have a few different PVs, so for my eGo/CE-4 I don't mind just tossing the CE-4s and replacing them since they're cheap enough. I usually stockpile about 8 at a time, so I have a good while before I need to order more (at least enough to last me until the next payday, LOL!)

I vape a lot, but a CE-4 usually lasts me about 2ish weeks.

Happy Vaping

Vaping: eGo 1100mah/EVOD/eSmart/K100 Mod/Omega Mod/TMP Mod/Gripper Box Mod.

Thanks for all the info.. I think i have 6 tanks on its way to me so I should be good for awhile..

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dyana6969 View Post
    Thanks for all the info.. I think i have 6 tanks on its way to me so I should be good for awhile..
    Famous last words.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

mine last 4 weeks with no cleaning , rinsing or dry burning.....I change em out the 1st of each month...and mainly use a light 555 flavor juice...for $1.30 each at fasttech , ya can't go wrong
    Please join CASAA (its free) if you want to maintain the right to vape and have you, your family, and friends tobacco free. http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast