Did you start vaping as a stepping stone to quit or a permanent replacement to cigs?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Did you start vaping as a stepping stone to quit or a permanent replacement to cigs?

Question Did you start vaping as a stepping stone to quit or a permanent replacement to cigs?

Do you plan to wean yourself off vaping as well or are you using it as a permanent replacement to smoking cigarettes?

Personally, I got into vaping as a baby step plan to quitting smoking/vaping all together, it's enjoyable but I still view it as a habit. I figure in the next 12 months I'll wean myself off nicotine and then I'll just have to overcome the oral fixation.
    Cnew, NiNi and nomoe like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I started vaping basically to try and save some money by cutting down on the ciggies. Found I liked vaping more than smoking and took up vaping full-time instead.

I've no intention of quitting vaping and even after 4.5 months I'm still on 24mg nicotine solution. Only problem is I'm not saving much money, cos I keep buying new toys
    Elantis, NiNi and Cavediver like this.
    Cherry red Provari, Reo Grand, LP Reo Grand, Taifun GT, 4xKayfun v3.1, RM2, KFL, 3xKFL+V2, 4xRussian 91%, bagua, 3x Astro, aga t2, Fogger v2+v4, Kraken, ithaka, Aqua, D-Eagle, Aios, RSST's, Vamo v2, SVD, KTS+, 2xVmod 2.0s, 2xVmod XL, GP Paps Lux, 6x Nemesis, 2x Stillare, Stingray, Poldiac, Caravela, Private V2, k100, Chi-You. In the post - Juices.

I tell everyone one (friends and girlfriend, since my family don't know about this) that this is a step for quitting everything. But deep inside, I love vaping way too much and I think I will only stop once studies say "this thing is going to kill you".
    NiNi, trouble1000 and trav901 like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Also no intention of quitting vaping, I've found it to be a far superior delivery mechanism for the nicotine effects I craved all along, but couldn't really get with smoking ...

The gadgetry aspect appeals to the engineer in me, and the juice variety is a delightful bonus ...

I gave up drinking 22 years ago, but every man is entitled to at least one "vice", especially one as unobtrusive and personal as vaping ...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

As Rico said smoking was my only vice. I never thought I'd quit that but now that I've started vaping I doubt that ill ever quit. I enjoy it & plan to continue.

I wish you much luck & success with your plan to quit all together!!

Finally saving...but not nearly what it says above. Oh well, still beats smoking any day!

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I started vaping to quit smoking. After a few months I started lowering my nic levels. I was nic free at about one year. I am now vaping about 2 ml a day on a RBA, which is not a lot of vaping and I will likely reduce that more. I have gone a few days without vaping lately and it has not bothered me. I doubt I will ever stop though. It's not even replacing smoking now, I just enjoy vaping.

Full Member Supporting Member

i haven't really decided yet. wouldn't be surprised if i vape 0mg juice just for the flavors
    Ryedan and NiNi like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

started vaping to get off cigarettes. I did not give much thought to the end game, all I wanted was to stop smoking. Now that I have thought about it, I doubt that I will ever quit, barring a scientific study saying ejuice causes a third foot to sprout from your forehead.

So, long as it stays a low risk cig alternative I will keep vaping. I'm a month in and started at 18mg and i am already down to 12mg/days - 6/mg nights, I do like to have some 18mg when I'm fixin for a buzz or out at the bar.

Maybe if I ever get bored with it or it becomes a burden, I'll figure a way to stop, but right now, I'm lovin it.

I have no intention of quitting. I have however lowered my nicotine to 3mg. I really enjoy vaping and the way nicotine makes me feel. I already feel so much better than how I felt when smoking cigarettes. I'm going to keep going.

Good luck on quitting if that's the direction you choose.
    NiNi likes this.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Both - step first - quit next. This is the first day I did not miss an analog. I started vaping about a month ago. Progress!
    NiNi and witchyg like this.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast