Kanger Protank 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kanger Protank 2

Full Member Verified Member

Default Kanger Protank 2

Anyone using Kanger Protank 2?

I'm finding this version has really tight draw when you flush mount it on compare to version 1. Trying to find out whether it's just me or it's their design of air draw slots at the bottom causing this issue.

Ultra Super Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I noticed that too. I really prefer what has been called the "airy draw" on the older ones. However I'm vaping one of the new ones right now with no problems really.
    Hoggy likes this.

I guess I shouldn't use the word "issue"

I'm now so custom to airy draw from version 1 and ZAP and I even enlarge airholes on other RBA/RDAs.. At least it's good to know it's not just me Thanks!

Senior Member ECF Veteran Gaspar74's Avatar

How's the flavor come through?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jakem50 View Post
    Anyone using Kanger Protank 2?

I'm finding this version has really tight draw when you flush mount it on compare to version 1. Trying to find out whether it's just me or it's their design of air draw slots at the bottom causing this issue.
    I am experiencing that also. I'm not sure if the holes are smaller, or lower down on the threads or what. I am now using a Protank 1 base on the Protank 2. It seems to have helped some. Any other ideas on this would be welcome! JD
    SS Vamo V5, SS Vamo V2, Sigelei Zmax, Sigelei Legend, glass bcc tanks

http://casaa.org/

Flavor and working mechanics are same as version 1. No difference on how they are working. No leaks yet (I was concern with all parts come off, it might leak) and easier to clean. I just slightly tighten loosely for this version though.. so it must be airdraw slots on version 2 but can't really see the differences of airslots depth between 1 and 2.

In all honesty I LOVE how an iClear 30 draws. If I could have both Protanks draw like that then I would. But at the same time its not a "must have" when they are so easy to use and the smoke/flavor is amazing My Protank 2 on my Sigelei Zmax will actually squeak a little bit sometimes. Not very often though. Needless to say, I am actually becoming accustomed to the draw of the Protanks now

Have either of you guys tried taking one of the wicks out of the coil? Does it really help?

I had the air flow issue with my k100 and a protank when I first got it ....
    1. I found that if I backed off the coil plug a hair I got normal flow, was way tight right out of the box on one of them
    2. The lower stem of the coil is inside the threads of it's 510 cap, which caused me to crank the tank on tight to get it to fire. To fix I pulled the plug out and used my finger nails to grab the bottom post (just like taking it apart to rebuild just don't take all the way out) it is ok if it is sticking way out when you put it back in the tank
    Mount the tank and the pin is pushed back in and no more tight draw

Granted this is my personal experience and I'm way new to this ...

Taking wick out doesn't help since I vape Boba, so I took one of the wick out (I even switch the head between 1 and 2).. Problem I see is that when you really tighten version 2 onto Provari and Vamo, you can't eve draw (at least for me)... it shuts down completely for me.

ready to swap the bottom caps between two after I finish what in the tanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast