New Kanger Coils
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New Kanger Coils

Default New Kanger Coils

Have no clue why I can only post here, but whatever. Yesterday I went to get some T3 coils and the fellow who works at Vapor Burst told me that the Kanger coils were changed. I guess the threaded unit on the bottom of the coil is now non-disposable, and only the wick section is changed. Soooo sad, the new ones, for lack of a better word, suck. I purchased one of the new coils with a cartomizer tube, bought it at 2:30 PM, and it lasted till about 6:30 PM. Thought I had a defective unit, so I went back today and got 1 replacement wick section ($4.00, I was paying $2.95 for the whole unit including the threaded section), it is now 9:00 PM and the wick is no good.

If this is going to be the only Kanger available, it is bye bye Kanger. If not, I will keep buying what i was buying, which was nothing short of awesome.

If anyone knows whether this is a permanent thing or not, please post. If it is a permanent thing, can you recommend an alternative? I hated the vivi novas, the wicks burnt out quickly and the taste was horrific. I would like to find something comparable to the Kanger T3 if the change is permanent. Suggestions appreciated.

BTW, my Vamo Mod is awesome, 2 months now and going strong. Glad I got the Vamo. It was suggested on this forum, so I am grateful, and looking forward to good feedback on this new issue. I went through an e-Vic, and a Smok telescopic, both lasted about 30 days if that, before they just broke. The eVic was a huge disappointment, paid a lot of $$$ for a unit that is very poorly put together, crappy glue, etc.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Sounds like you are being ripped -

Kanger T3s/MT3s Coil Replacement ** 5 Pack - 2.2 ohms $6

Kanger coils rarely have the issues you describe................. unless you are vaping Tar. Average coil will last several tank fills before needing a cleaning.

ETA - my eVics(2x) are 8months old and my Vamo 10 so................................... never mind.
    Last edited by crxess; 08-07-2013 at 01:51 AM.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post

Kanger coils rarely have the issues you describe................. unless you are vaping Tar. Average coil will last several tank fills before needing a cleaning.

ETA - my eVics(2x) are 8months old and my Vamo 10 so................................... never mind.
    Yep, your being ripped.....They may be selling the clones from Fasttech.......who knows. I like the 1.8 ohm coils and vape them at 3.4 to 3.7 volts. Clean every couple of days.
    Bill's Magic Vapor likes this.
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

Ultra Super Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You must have 5 posts before you can post anywhere but the New Members Forum

Get a Kanger Protank and the heads will work and can be rebuilt. That'll fix you right up.
    Last edited by HDVaper; 08-07-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: info error

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I agree about the Vamo and that you must not have genuine Kanger coils. The knock offs are horrid

Whoa,

How do I clean these??? Never heard of cleaning them, was never advised to do so. Maybe this is why I am having such a short duration with these. My average time with the Kanger with the threaded bottom section attached is 1 week, have not been able to get them to last longer. The new ones, maybe 6 hours.

I am using a PG Zero nicotine cigar flavor liquid. There is no tar. Why would anyone make an e-liquid with tar?? The whole point is to not have tar and carbon monoxide.

Senior Member ECF Veteran KimchiMonger's Avatar

I purchased original Kanger coils in the black Kanger box 2.0 and 1.8. Let's say three weeks into using the same 2.0 coil it was still working before switching to 1.8 which I love! Less resistance, vapes quicker, supposed to be a warmer vape but I can't tell, and going strong. I did see the coils at Fastech and other sites dirt cheap. One site had them for about 1.50 ea in 5pk. and I suspect you're being sold the knockoff version if getting a few hours or even days before dying on you. Received a 5pk box today of Kanger 1.8 which I paid $10 free shipping from a auction site/vendor online.

Find another supplier.
    You gonna eat that Kimchi?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HDVaper View Post
    You must have 15 posts before you can post anywhere but the New Members Forum
    its actually 5 post before you can post anywhere else. and yes sounds like a rip off, I have seen the old style at places, they will have them till they run out of them. also you can always rebuild what ya got. kanger t3 rebuild - YouTube
    Frankenmizer likes this.
    Last tc taken 6/23/12

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post

maybe this is why I've been having a hard time finding

I have always bought them as one piece with base included with these can they fit on existing base or do I need a new one?

did they stop making the one piece

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

yes they " upgraded" to the 2pc style. and yes they fit on same tubes. did a search for ya http://www.bing.com/search?q=kanger+...=8-9&sp=-1&sk= your looking for t3, not t3s(that's the new style)
    Last edited by ingerri; 08-07-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    vjc0628 likes this.
    Last tc taken 6/23/12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast