Kanger Protank question - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Kanger Protank question

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itsmedave View Post
    Does anyone know who has the air flow controllers in stock? I bought a Kanger Pro Tank yesterday and I'm not at all happy with it really. I cannot get a throat hit to save my life and I'm not as mechinically inclined as some folks here. Thanks in advance.
    Kanger ProTank Base Replacement
    Live, laugh, and love each day, it's what makes life worth living! Bobbi

Senior Member Verified Member itsmedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by balwin View Post
    Thanks I ordered one. I'm hopeful it fixes it or it will end up in a drawer.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiggy View Post
    Is it to airy for you? try putting a small piece of scotch tape on one of the holes on the 510 connection, i would not recomend that though. if you like bottom coil tanks, try a vape only BCC mega. not as airy, and you can use your own drip tip.

Also, get the protank 2 if you want to stay kanger.
    Updates:
    using your own drip tip, can be fully taken apart, uses the same heads as the protank one and protank mini. and not as airy breather tube. but still good.
    I like the BCC Mega but the only problem for me is its plastic. And some eliquids crack the plastic, so I stick to pyrex. This is another pyrex one that im considering trying, it also looks like you can use your own drip tip too

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/notipsmkpyrex.htm

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

On my Sentinal clone I had to enlarge the air holes in the Protank base since the 510 connection is flush and blocks the airflow.

For wicking I found that even fresh from the box Protank heads would flood after a short while, especially when the tank was down to half full, and after a bunch of experimentation and reading the forums I bought some Peaches & Creme white cotton yarn and replaced the stock Protank top wick with 2 pieces of that. Instant fix and have been vaping on the same wicking for 24 hours straight without a single flood, gurgle or burning taste. At $3 or less for 109m of the stuff the yarn is now my favorite wicking material hands down and only takes about 10 seconds to swap out, using it straight cut from the ball of yarn!
    Last edited by BDUAres; 08-21-2013 at 01:41 AM.
    IBCR Media likes this.

Provari Mini 2.5, Sentinel V3, KTS Storm, Vamo V2. Rocket RBA, Fogger V2, RSST, Anyvape Davide, DB Puritank, Protank

Can you describe how you enlarged the air holes? I'm having the same problem on my Sigeili 8

Super Member ECF Veteran randomhousegir's Avatar

I am using an ego-c and want to get a protank 2. I saw that there are different ohms for replacement wicks and now I am not sure what to get...any help in that area would be appreciated. How do I know which one is best for me or how to figure out which ones will be good to try in the future.

Thank you

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by randomhousegir View Post
    I am using an ego-c and want to get a protank 2. I saw that there are different ohms for replacement wicks and now I am not sure what to get...any help in that area would be appreciated. How do I know which one is best for me or how to figure out which ones will be good to try in the future.

Thank you

sent from my phone via tapatalk 2 because I can't stop reading and posting on ECF
    They come with 1 2.5ohm coil and 1 1.8ohm coil, try then both out and see what you prefer. I couldn't really judge so I just started using 2.2ohm coils, and they work fine for me.

Cheers, Matt

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itsmedave View Post
    Does anyone know who has the air flow controllers in stock? I bought a Kanger Pro Tank yesterday and I'm not at all happy with it really. I cannot get a throat hit to save my life and I'm not as mechinically inclined as some folks here. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

Tanks : Tank Airflow Controller

Got mine Monday and it does tighten the draw on the ProTank. However, at least with my PT2, it also inhibits vapor production.

Also, I strongly disagree with the suggestion of removing flavor wicks. If anything, I add to them or replace them altogether with even more wick. Those things are there for a reason.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Check me off under the 'me too' category.

- I thoroughly wash and soak my heads before use
    - I have removed one wick, both wicks, everything except what's bound in coil, all with different heads for testing
    - I've kept my voltage considerably low. Currently I'm at 3.4v @ 2.7 ohm

Guess who still has burnt heads? Yep. This guy. The only saving grace that could prevent me from throwing this thing in the trash will be the wick/coil coming in the mail. I hope (hope hope hope hope) that rebuilt heads will prove to make this device... well... usable. Yep, I said it.

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roasted View Post
    Check me off under the 'me too' category.

- I thoroughly wash and soak my heads before use
    - I have removed one wick, both wicks, everything except what's bound in coil, all with different heads for testing
    - I've kept my voltage considerably low. Currently I'm at 3.4v @ 2.7 ohm

Guess who still has burnt heads? Yep. This guy. The only saving grace that could prevent me from throwing this thing in the trash will be the wick/coil coming in the mail. I hope (hope hope hope hope) that rebuilt heads will prove to make this device... well... usable. Yep, I said it.
    Questions:

Are you sure that you have genuine KangerTech equipment? If you do, the company logo and model will be stamped or engraved on the bottom ring.

Have you tried replacing the coil heads with KangerTech blister-pack packaged versions?

Are you priming the coil before using? Fill the tank, close it up and set it aside. Find something else to do for about 15-30 minutes, then start slowly.

I have never had a burnt taste, leaking or gurgling problems (that I didn't cause my own fool self) with any of my genuine Kanger gear, and I have a boatload of it.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast