Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 900MAh voltage?

Blog Entries

Default 900MAh voltage?

i just started less than 3 weeks ago and im still trying to get the hang of things. i have an ego 900mah and i dont know how much voltage it puts out how do i figure that out?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Probably 3.4 volts. Do you have a multi meter handy?
    You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert Zimmerman

Blog Entries

I don't even know what a multi meter is lol im fresh off the boat with this stuff

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Understand and thats fine. A multimeter is used to test electrical circuits and electronic components. It's a very handy tool for a vaper to own. You can get a cheap one for vaping purposes from Harbor Freight, Sears,WalMart etc.
    I don't remember exactly if unregulated ego output 3.4 or 3.3 volts. I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the correct answer.

Welcome to ECF. Don't be afraid to participate.
    WarHawk-AVG likes this.
    You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows - Robert Zimmerman

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusPrimerib View Post
    i just started less than 3 weeks ago and im still trying to get the hang of things. i have an ego 900mah and i dont know how much voltage it puts out how do i figure that out?
    Welcome to ECF OptimusPrimerib.

mAh is mili amp hours. That is a way of stating how much energy there is in the battery. So yours, 900 mAh, will put out 900 mili amps for one hour, or 1,800 mA for 1/2 hour, or 450 mA for 2 hours.

How many volts it puts out is another thing again. The battery inside is likely a lithium ion cell that charges to about 4.2 volts and dicharges to about 3.3 volts. There is likely regulation circuitry that stabilizes the output voltage. If you tell us what the battery called and who makes it someone will probably be able to tell you the voltage it outputs.

ETA: I missed that it's an eGo . I think it's either around 3.3 as gimmieshelter said or around 3.7 if it's a knock off Joye. Who makes it will likely tell the tale.
    Last edited by Ryedan; 08-17-2013 at 08:52 AM.
    WarHawk-AVG likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Ego's can be 3.4 or 3.7v for the unregulated (I think) and between 3.3 to 4.8 for the VV.

Do you happen to know the model of ego - or can you provide a link where you got it from? If not, can you tell us if there is any dial on the bottom, what color the button is or if it has a brand on it please?

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi

Joyetech standard eGos fire at 3.3v. Some generic eGo fire at that, but many (perhaps most) fire at 3.7v. If the battery is unregulated, it will come off of the charger at 4.2v, then the voltage will go down as the battery discharges.
    Jo Patterson likes this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

If you have questions about the ProVari and are unable to search the 100s of threads already posted, click here

Blog Entries

Im not quite sure it was just the battery that came with the starter kit i bought in the shop it has they stores logo on it but they said its an ego.

Blog Entries

eGo Clearomizer Kit - Sin City Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes, Las Vegas thats the kit i got on the site from the store i got it in it doesnt say the mah or anything on the link but instore they told me it was 900

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Without a multi meter or manufacturer disclosure I don't think there's any way to tell what the voltage of an eGo is. However, we aren't looking at a very wide range, so I'd say just pretend it's 3.7v and use that to base you resistance choices on. (Even if unregulated, the battery won't fire 4.2v under load and drops to 3.7v pretty quickly)
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

If you have questions about the ProVari and are unable to search the 100s of threads already posted, click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast