Ksd kmax telescoping hybrid.....what do you think?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ksd kmax telescoping hybrid.....what do you think?

Default Ksd kmax telescoping hybrid.....what do you think?

What do you guys think of this new mod that came out. KSD KMAX.
    $40.57 KSD Kmax Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod Battery Compartment - VV / VW / brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Watching the review and reading on it, it seems like a cool mod? Can I get some opinions on this mod please.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have ordered one of the Bronze/Black ones from Fasttech. I am hoping it will be a good mod. If KSD really is the maker of Vamo's, it should be nice.
    SS Vamo V5, SS Vamo V2, Sigelei Zmax, Sigelei Legend, glass bcc tanks

http://casaa.org/

I thnk the kmax is pretty good . I had gotten the red n chrome..... it was kinda confusing to me at first adjusting everythng since im new to vaping n this will be my first vv vw.... got the hang of it just watch out though sum tanks wnt work for it.....

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

It looks really cool, kinda want one, but waiting to see if any other control heads will fit it before pulling the trigger.

Super Member Verified Member DelboyinDorset's Avatar

FastTech aren't selling any of these at the moment saying they are sold out, KSD have quite a dirty message about it on their website so I guess someone has launched some legal stuff somewhere.

I've tracked one down on VaporBreak in the black tube and copper body that I wanted and says its the real deal too, its the last battery unit I am buying as got plenty now and with all the rebuildable stuff too I should think I am sorted for the next year lol

Super Member Verified Member DelboyinDorset's Avatar

I've just received mine and its excellent, turned the setting to constant power, read the resi and set the volts and watts and getting loads more steam and flavour than the Lava Tube delivered.

Just running some Mandarin through at the mo and it tastes really orangey, very very pleased with this mod and I went for the copper (brass they call it) and black as the copper can easily be polished but its got a very thick polymer type coating on it.

Menu takes a bit of getting used to, best to take the atty out until you have mastered it but have to say its looking good, the resistance meter and outputs match exactly what says on my multimeter

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just got one last week, and with some caveats, I do like it. Although it does seem to run "hot", at least in VW mode. Have to turn it down about 2 watts compared to my SVD, with the same topper moved back and forth.

Yes, some adjustment / learning, coming off the SVD, since the KMax is a one button, and the SVD has several. (And, of course, being used to multiple buttons, it's a change for me! )

Ego threaded devices will work, you just have to take off the top collar of the KMax. (Which could have been machined out to let them pass thru, but it's not a big deal to me.)

So far, so good!

I saw these at Discount Vapers when I was first looking around. I sort of ruled it out when I read "[o]ne thing to note is that the telescoping action will scratch the body somewhat, all of the units I have opened has blemishes or scratches," in the description of the device.
    Last edited by Ed_C; 12-10-2013 at 04:40 PM.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Mine arrived screwed all the way in, as in 18350 mode. No scratches anywhere. I had seen the comments at DV, but actually got mine at a local B&M. They'd already lubed the threads, and there were some faint traces of NOAlox, but no scratches.

In any event, most of our PVs will pick up some "blemishes" from normal use...

Super Member ECF Veteran H Niemand's Avatar

I've had mine for a few months. No problems with it at all. Yes, it does run a little hot. Also, all of my ego tanks fit without removing the collar. When I use a DCT, I bring the collar up to the tank bottom to give me a slightly tighter draw. The only "blemishes" are rings on the top unit from the bottom. Actually looks kind of cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast