Problems with my Kanger Pro Tank Mini - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Problems with my Kanger Pro Tank Mini

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by crxess View Post
    Protank heads - You really need to know the actual Ohms of the coil. Your battery, ego-t is not adjustable and may be regulated to 3.3v

If your original Head was rated 2.2 but closer to 2.0(+/- .2ohm) and your New 2.2 is closer to 2.5 the e-liquid is not being evaporated as quickly and collecting on the wick, eventually reducing air flow and dripping out.
    Short inhales cause the same problem
    Low tank can cause the same problem
    A poorly aligned coil can cause leaking(set to one side)

VV battery can compensate for Coil irregularity
    Vape technique can correct most
    Adding a Flavor wick can stop leaking, but reduce(tighten) Draw
    I don't know much about "Ohms". What OHM coil can I use to fix this? The one that is in there now is a 2.2, but I have 2.5's I could replace it with?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Stay with the Lower ohms until you have a Variable voltage battery

Watch this it should help you to understand the tanks and function better.

jrenae4 and SchmidtyKy like this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Pbusardo does great videos. There is also videos on youtube for cleaning and dry burning the coils, which i seem to have to do every few days.

ECF Veteran

So what is considered a low ohm? The ones I have are 2.2 and 2.5. Is that considered high or low? I've seen people talking about 1.8...but not sure if OHMS are one of those things where the higher the number, the lower it is and vise versa.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sarajojames View Post
    So what is considered a low ohm? The ones I have are 2.2 and 2.5. Is that considered high or low? I've seen people talking about 1.8...but not sure if OHMS are one of those things where the higher the number, the lower it is and vise versa.

Thanks for helping a newbie.
    You've been given to much information.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ECF Veteran

Watch this it should help you to understand the tanks and function better.

Want to thank you for showing me this video. I took the top wick off one of my coils and tried it again in my ProTank Mini and the performance is much improved!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pita1028 View Post
    You've been given to much information.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure what you mean by this, pita......just trying to get info here on the new members forum as I am new to all this.....

Member Supporting Member

I have the Kanger EVOD and I experienced leaks and found the coil not screwed in tight and the wick cover thingnot tight enough. Using Johnson Creek juice I have to remove one of the factory "flavor wicks" in order for the juice to flow. Just found out about soaking them before use (coils) so maybe that is an issue, will load one back in to see. Watch the youtube videos to see how they come apart. I found the one that shows how to build your own coils to be the best, it demonstrates how to disassemble it completely. Pay attention to the end of the video for the wick assembly part for correct procedure. In my unit no matter how tight I screw in the coil the process of thermal expansion may be loosening it up. I check it at every fill now. The wick cover presses upon the wicks as well as seals the filled tank from the tube in the center so it is fairly critical I guess. During one short period I was using the EVOD with a tissue to absorb the leakage. Lots to learn here.

Senior Member Verified Member
    Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States

TJ makes a point. Sometimes when unscrewing the PT base to refill and such, the coil will unscrew itself a bit. I had that problem with my PT2 a few times and my cousin's PT and almost every time it was the coil coming lose in the base.
    Over time it may kill an eGo battery. I would recommend getting something with a sealed battery chamber, but if you like the eGo stick with it. eGo's are great starters for sure and even many APV people will carry an eGo for convenience in public or running errands. They're solid devices, just slightly disposable as they only last a few months most of the time.

Hi yes it will ruin battery if to much liquid get into it. I would empty it wash it all out make sure it's nice and dry and start again. put a 1.8 Genuine Kanger coil in make sure it says genuine Kanger and for protank use not e-vod type . screw the coil really tightly into its place and just make sure little rubber cap is fitting nicely over the top of coil. Don't fill tank right to the top . and screw back together . then before you put it onto the battery take 3 nice long sucks on it that will help the liquid to soak the wick on coil. also before you vap it get a little tissue roll it up small and put it right down the tube you are sucking on, take it out then have a go at vaping it should be problem solved . as to how tight you should screw it back together your know what is nice just look at it when liquid is in feel it check it if no leaking them fine . Hope this helps .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast