Leaking Kayfun Lite
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By flylane1102

Thread: Leaking Kayfun Lite

Full Member Verified Member

Default Leaking Kayfun Lite

Hello! I have used this kayfun for quite some time now. recently I have noticed juice build up between my mod and the bottom of the Kayfun. everytime I fill I clean up any mess before I attach it to the mod and when I take the kayfun off to refill I notice that there is liquid. I am thinking it is the screw that the liquid is coming from and I wanted to know if this is normal or is there a fix I can do to prevent this. this started about two weeks ago and I just dont want it to get worse. thank you for your in reading this.

Full Member Verified Member flylane1102's Avatar

I am having the same issue. I assume that its common with these. I think im going to try put a small amount of teflon tape on the screw and see if that helps. Also a small o-ring might work. If you can find one that small. Hopefully someone else has found a fix for it and will chime in on this.
    Jval23 likes this.

thank you for the response! I looked around a bit more and I saw that small screws like that you can try a little bit of dental floss. I tried that and havent had a leak but its a little pain to keep reapplying the floss so I think I will look for a small o-ring to do the trick. I'm thinking that when it gets hot the metal expands causing the leak with the screw.

Is there an RBA that will not leak when on its side? It seems to me that all of them would have the potential to leak at the wick?

I havent had a leak through the air hole if that is what you are asking. with the kayfun there are o-rings through out and if you get a leak from the airhole there is an o-ring somewhere not set up correctly. other than the screw hole that I mentioned that is located at the bottom I havent had a problem. but if you are talking in general I think there is always a potential to leak if you over fill or not paying attention to the set up.

Were any of you able to identify a good solution for this problem? Did the teflon tape work? I have the same issue. I changed the screw on the bottom but that didn't help. I know it's not leaking from the air hole because if it were leaking through the airhole, then I would have a flooded draw. So the excess liquid must be coming out of the fill hole right?

Full Member Verified Member flylane1102's Avatar

Teflon tape trick worked wonders. I just cut a little square and put over the hole and then put in the screw no more leak.

Awesome. Thanks for the confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by flylane1102 View Post
    Teflon tape trick worked wonders. I just cut a little square and put over the hole and then put in the screw no more leak.