Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Batteries not getting full charge. Need new batteries, or charger?

Super Member Verified Member BigCloudz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpen View Post
    I couldn't find the mAh of your AW batteries in you posts here, but if they're 2000mAh or more it may take an awful lot of time to top them up with that charger..

Trustfire chargers are slow with 18650 's (they charge at 500mAh, nominal) , and in my experience they come cheap for a reason

I'd recommend an XTAR or a Nitecore charger, either one is a good investment for your batteries.
    Yea, they are the 2000mah batteries.

Dude I literally just pulled the 2nd battery off the charger (it's been daarn near 16 hours) after I read the post about the charger prematurely killing my battery if it's not charging correctly. The sad part is, it's not even fully charged.

I am taking this thing back to see if they'll exchange it and let me pay the difference for the Nitecore.

Just checked that battery I finally pulled off the charger and it's at 4.0v. Pathetic. That's 17 hours of charging, NOT to mention they were at 3.6v when I put them to charge. Jeez.

DeviantArt Ω freak Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yup I experienced the same thing when I first started using 18650's from 18350's

"REAL failure is lacking the guts to fail in the first place"
    "If your too scared to take a carefully evaluated risk which could make you loose it all or you have made decisions which limit it all you'll never get all you can"

Quote Originally Posted by Vapeaddikt View Post
    Yup I experienced the same thing when I first started using 18650's from 18350's
    What charger are you using now? Thanks man.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigCloudz View Post
    Yea, they are the 2000mah batteries.

Dude I literally just pulled the 2nd battery off the charger (it's been daarn near 16 hours) after I read the post about the charger prematurely killing my battery if it's not charging correctly. The sad part is, it's not even fully charged.

I am taking this thing back to see if they'll exchange it and let me pay the difference for the Nitecore.
    At a minimum get that Trustfire replaced with another one, It'd seem something is wrong with the one you have now.

They're slow but still useful as a backup charger, especially for 18500 's. When working properly, that is :-)

DeviantArt Ω freak Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigCloudz View Post
    What charger are you using now? Thanks man.
    i2 I got off of amazon for like 15 plus shipping I think it ended up being around 20 or so...what I do know for sure is it works a hell of alot better than the trustfire P.O.S. i started with. I think I remember seeing a thread about a 40 dollar charger on here somewhere that supposedly fastcharges 18650's in like half an hour! I am damn tempted w/ all the batteries I have for sure but seeing as 99.9% of the time 2 is more than adequate I'll wait.

i2
    Last edited by Vapeaddikt; 08-29-2013 at 12:20 AM.
    BigCloudz likes this.

"REAL failure is lacking the guts to fail in the first place"
    "If your too scared to take a carefully evaluated risk which could make you loose it all or you have made decisions which limit it all you'll never get all you can"

Ultra Member Verified Member

Hold onto all your Trustfire TR001s even if you replace them. I was very happy that I still had something to charge my 18*** batteries when my Nitecore i4 got very hot and smelled like burning.

I am super gentle with all of my batteries and chargers. I take the batteries out when they are done charging, I don't leave it unattended while I am charging them. It is not like I left them charging overnight. Despite the Nitecore being a nice charger, there are still things that can happen if yours may be faulty.
    Vapeaddikt likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran mommafish's Avatar

I have the same charger and today I put in both my 18650 and 5 hours still on red so I took out one battery and the rest of the charge took 1 hour the other 1 1/2 hours so im assuming mine just cant handle doth at the same time
    Good luck

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This is the way the current version of the TR001 doesn't work. It can take over 17 hours to charge a 2900 mAh battery - if it ever completes the charge cycle at all. The most recent reinvention of the TR001 is simply crap. For the people who say they love their TR001 when did you get it? A 3 year old TR001 is not the same design as the recent 3.0v/3.6v switchable version.

The Nitecore stuff isn't much better. "Works" like a champ" - until it overheats, smokes or melts down. Lack of QC problems are showing. Could be clones or it could be they are now producing crap too. "Life is like a box of choco..." buying from FT. You never know.

The only two places making anything I would recommend are Pila and Xtar. Spend the whopping twenty bucks on an Xtar WPII 2 and get something that works, is backed with a two year warranty, and doesn't have incoming reports on ECF of charger meltdowns. But if you just gotta save that three or four bucks on a Nitecore I2 instead ... good luck with that.

Senior Member ECF Veteran durianeliquidflavorplease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vapoor eyes er View Post
    I gave up on anything battery related with the name "Fire" in it after many Vets advised as such. My first failure was when my Trustfire batts on a Tr charger became warm and were overcharging. Fortunately I listened to the Vets and never left my batts charging unattended and was able to unplug the charger before anything happened. In my first 3 months of vaping I had 2 Tr chargers fail on me. NiteCore or the Review of / Measurement on Xtar WP2 II charger are good chargers and are a world of difference IMO.
    The only reason I began with the Tr charger was because it was included with my first PV/ Mech Mod.
    Yeah, it's now common knowledge that anything with "fire" in the brand should be avoided. I learned that after buying a Trustfire charger and an Ultrafire battery. Needless to say, both are now not part of my vape arsenal.
    Ryedan likes this.
    Who are you to wave your finger?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast