Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Protank 2 burning thru coils?

Full Member*

Default Protank 2 burning thru coils?

I have been using my protank 2 on a vision spinner. I usually vape around 4.1-4.3 i have replaced 2 coils in about a week 1/2. I dont know whats going on? The tank just starts leaking thru on the top of my battery. And i do make sure to never have my tank screwed on to tight. any help is appreciated
    timinftl likes this.

Sometimes it's the resistance of the coil. Do you know what resistance you're using right now? I know I've had issues with 1.8 ohms and using 4.1V. Burns my juice You also might want to check that the atomizer is screwed on tightly to the base. Hope this helps.
    timinftl likes this.

Super Member Verified Member Choc_Addic's Avatar

Make sure that the rubber seal on the coil is not missing and that center pin is installed correctly and it is straight up. Also did you remove the flavor wicks?

This thread discuss the same kind of issues with your tank. here: Kanger Pro Tank 2: gurgling and no draw ;-(

Get some extra heating coils (heads).

Learn how to clean and dry burn. Check youtube on how.

In short, Rinse with hot tap water dry.

If that does not work..... Rinse with hot tap water. Dab dry with paper towel, dry burn. Rinse dry.

That should bring back your atty to life. (Make sure you don't loose the flavor wicks.)

Best advice is back up and back up. Ie. extra tank (Get some EVOD's or Protank mini which are the same internally with protank). Extra heating coils.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Choc_Addic; 09-02-2013 at 06:33 AM.
    Since 01/13. 3 EGOs Nemi VAMO MVP2 EVOD,CE5,MT4, R200,PT,Mini,M4 KFL.
    Best advice >"Get back up to your back up!"

Full Member*

what part is the heating coil? is that the whole coil itself? i do have extras i just hate to be burning thru them so fast and waste more money. And do the first reply yes i use 1.8 resistance. I do have an evod as well that i absolutely love. almost more than my protank

When you get a burnt taste, is that the coil that is burned, or the wick that went bad? Had that happen last night on a new PT2 and coil I had only been using for 1 day. It still fired, but got a burnt taste every time, regardless of voltage. I dumped out the tank, washed it and threw away the coil. Never had that happen to me with a Triton coil in a Triton clearo-tank.

Super Member Verified Member SilverZero's Avatar

4.1-4.3V might be a little high with a 1.8Ω coil (although the 1.8Ω coils I have from Kanger usually measure out at 2.0Ω). Have you tried backing the voltage down for a while with a new coil to see if it reoccurs?
    timinftl likes this.

Super Member Verified Member Choc_Addic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marilyn View Post
    what part is the heating coil?

You may be burning it too hot. I find that 2.0 (warm vape) and 2.6 Cool vap works for me really good. Can you lower the watt or volt on your battery?

If not, You may want to try removing flavor wicks to help with wicking. It's not wicking fast enough for 1.8 ohm coils which burns faster and hotter. Do you have higher ohm coils?

My 2.0 ohm coil burnt 2 nights ago. Dis-assembly show that my wick was totally dry and black. I washed, cleaned and did a dry burn to remove the gunk. All is well now.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Choc_Addic; 09-02-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    Since 01/13. 3 EGOs Nemi VAMO MVP2 EVOD,CE5,MT4, R200,PT,Mini,M4 KFL.
    Best advice >"Get back up to your back up!"

The heating coil is in the head , but when you clean them you can clean the whole head. I find mine works best around 3.8V with 1.8 ohms but that's just my personal preference. It takes a few tries to find that sweet spot. Play around with the voltage a bit.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Could someone explain to me how using too high voltage on a 1.8 coil head cause leaking please. i am confused.

Also, with a leaking protank, removing a flavor wick will just allow more juice in to the coil and cause further gurgling / leaking.
    Last edited by InTheShade; 09-02-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home) timinftl's Avatar
    Third Star on the Left; Straight on 'til Morning

Use the same setup myself at even higher voltages depending on the charge left in the spinner, I don't mean to sound silly but from all the forums I've read since my first PT1 and now PT 2's this tends to occur most often with the head not being tightened into the base enough. I've not had the problem so don't know if this is of help or not but hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by marilyn View Post
    I have been using my protank 2 on a vision spinner. I usually vape around 4.1-4.3 i have replaced 2 coils in about a week 1/2. I dont know whats going on? The tank just starts leaking thru on the top of my battery. And i do make sure to never have my tank screwed on to tight. any help is appreciated
    dailywalker likes this.

Just because you're paranoid Doesn't mean they're not out to get you...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast