Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking for a new Tank and Mod?? (Im a newbie at this!)

Red face Looking for a new Tank and Mod?? (Im a newbie at this!)

Hey, so I recently bought a Ce4 kit from Apollo couples months ago and it seems that my clearomizer is worn out? (The person working there told me) so i'm currently looking for a new tank. I came across the Kangertech Pro Tank 2, is this a good tank? or is there any good ones out there you guys can recommend?

I was also getting interested in the Mods, all those cool looking batteries and stuff, what is the best Mod out there for under $100?
    and if so, is there like a Kit (batteries included?) It seems that they only sell the Body.
    Sorry for all these questions, Just really need somewhere to start haha

Thanks guys!

2. Advertisement

The protank 2 is a great tank, very serviceable and the coils are easily replaced or rebuilt. As far as mods what are you looking for? Mechanical or vv/vw?

4. Advertisement

The ego-twist is pretty awesome. or any variable voltage for sure.
    I bought a Kanger pro 2 tank, and kept getting a burnt taste. So I just stuck with my vivi nova.
    twist + nova seems like a common setup

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

ProTank is very good and and a lot of us use it--especially with bigger APVs.

If you want to stay with smaller form, try Twist or Spinner (variable voltage) batteries and any of the Kanger changeable coil clearos--they are all nice and widely popular--T3, baby T3, eVod, T2 (top coil) or mini ProTank (all pyrex glass).

If you're looking for an APV that will work with larger 510 threaded tanks (like the ProTank), I own and like a Sigelei Zmax mini. Don't buy a kit, even if you can find one--chargers and batteries that come with such kits are usually lousy. Get a good charger (Nitecore, XPro, Pila) and good batteries.

Good luck and welcome to ECF.

Which is better? I'm not familiar with Mechanical and such.

The voltage changing one is nice, what exactly does a mechanical do?

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    ProTank is very good and and a lot of us use it--especially with bigger APVs.

If you want to stay with smaller form, try Twist or Spinner (variable voltage) batteries and any of the Kanger changeable coil clearos--they are all nice and widely popular--T3, baby T3, eVod, T2 (top coil) or mini ProTank (all pyrex glass).

If you're looking for an APV that will work with larger 510 threaded tanks (like the ProTank), I own and like a Sigelei Zmax mini. Don't buy a kit, even if you can find one--chargers and batteries that come with such kits are usually lousy. Get a good charger (Nitecore, XPro, Pila) and good batteries.

Good luck and welcome to ECF.
    Hey, thanks.
    Where did you get your Z-Max? Pretty interested in that
    Also, for the batteries, any recommendations for those as well?

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Here's one: Sigelei Zmax Mini "Body Only"

I buy my batteries and chargers from RTD: RTD Vapor AW Batteries

The Sigelei Zmax mini only has one size. It takes an 18350 battery. If you want a device that you can make different sizes, Sigelei has a Zmax telescopic (although it currently doesn't come in colors): Sigelei Stainless V3 ZMAX Telescope Variable Power (adjustable wattage) VV APV
    Katya likes this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

No one needs a ProVari, but if you're thinking of getting one, join us ➤➤ Lunatic Fringe

DeviantArt Ω freak Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Kanger pro tank II is gonna be a good safe bet. No leakage and vapes pretty well.

"REAL failure is lacking the guts to fail in the first place"
    "If your too scared to take a carefully evaluated risk which could make you loose it all or you have made decisions which limit it all you'll never get all you can"

Go with the VAMO. I have one and I love it. Cheap and reliable it is VV/VW and reads ohms to get you a better understanding of mods. For the tank, the pro tank is nice I have a couple of them but I like the D-box a little better.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by LemonsFoSho View Post
    Hey, thanks.
    Where did you get your Z-Max? Pretty interested in that
    Also, for the batteries, any recommendations for those as well?
    I got mine through a co-op; it comes with an extension cap for a 1490 battery and is all stainless. It looks like this:

It's a lovely mod.

I use AW IMR batteries from RTD Vapors, just like the ones Ocelot recommended, but many vapers use Efast--those are a bit cheaper and probably just as good. I got an inexpensive Nitecore I2 charger from Fasttech (free shipping), but I've seen them on Amazon for not much more.

Good luck!
    aikanae1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast