Best "Beginner Mod"? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Best "Beginner Mod"?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Ok so if I am using a 1.8 ohm atomizer on my mini davide what voltage/wattage would I want to start out with? I know it's mostly preference and juice type/flavor just looking for a starting point

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

On my sig vmax 3 with a mini protank 2(which I guess is pretty similiar)I have an 1.8 coil in and it is set at 3.6 v, 4.5 watts. I am quite new at VW but is seems quite nice with the 70/30 menthol that I have in it. I do not want too hard of a Th as then it seems to bother me with that PG level. Last night I was using a different juice and same settings and it seems harsh...it was a new to me juice(actually quite nasty stuff) I was told to play around with it gradually....there is a chart out there that has guidelines if I can find the link to the chart I will post it.

Default Turn Zen~ dx-650 from advanced paper weight to apv sorry in advance Zen~

Hi,

I've been vaping for 18 mths now this is my first post, it will likely be moved. I mean no offence, however, I am more than dissatisfied with the gift my wife gave me for my birthday. I was left with fixing the issues, or offending her. Needless to say I went with the first. Some will not like what I am saying, and I really don't mind, I just hope that one person in particular reads this post and fixes their product so me the consumer of this high price apv doesn't have to. I will say it now DO NOT DO THIS if you do not understand electronics and know how to work a voltage meter IT CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS if done incorrectly.
    Out of the tube package I was shocked when my brand new Zen~ dx-650 put out 3.123 volts under load, my kts+ puts out 3.65 ont the same atty. This can be fixed pretty easily though, but should in no way need to be this type of purchase should have worked right from the get go. So here I go modding an expensive apv. If I wasn't trying not to hurt my wife's feelings this thing would have gone to the first person who had 50 bucks.
    BE CAREFUL. You need 1, 1/2 in. 10 32 flat-top to standard machine bolt, 1 8 24 3\8 flat- top standard machine bolt, and a thicker spring. I used a gold plated left over re-twisted evic battery spring. All tops and bottoms of bolts should be filed flat and smooth first. 1.Test you switch ressistance, pull apart your switch pull out your corroded "gold plated" super thin spring. 2. Insert old re-twisted evic spring. 3. Re-assemble with 3/8 flat-top bolt. test resistance better right. 4. Take a small allen wrench and remove the positive post, mind the small o ring on the atty side. File down your remaining bolt to the same size as the one just removed. 5. clean up any threading you upset with filing, small xacto knife works well, and re-install into the positive post. 6. TEST TEST TEST the top cap for resistance. Your meter should read open link. If you have a continuity tester, no beep should be given. 7. Re-install the top cap to the tube. Done
    After the mod I got 3.86 volts to the atty. Yeah. Zen~ please use brass, I love your apv now, it is great in the hand and hits like a beast. It is a beautiful piece, but I use my stuff everyday. It doesn't sit on the shelf. I must have the performance as well as the look, and yes now I will occasionally have to clean up my new posts, I don't mind performance matters and I like to fiddle.
    Thanks ECF for all the great info I hope this helps someone they way I've been helped so many times in the past, JB

Brass screws solid brass

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My most loved mod is the Itaste VV V3. I personally wanted something smaller that did variable voltage and variable watts. I love the way it looks. It is square which helps me since I have glass coffee tables and I would set my ego batteries down and they would roll off haha. I have the chameleon so it is black with a subtle sparkle that changes it from looking green to purple to black in different lights.

It is a pass-through so you can still vape on it while it charges. I don't use that feature, i just use a back up battery if need be, but that is a plus to some people. However mine usually lasts me days before needing charging, but i don't consider myself a heavy vaper.

I pair it with an evod (I'm dying to try the mini Davide) and I feel like the taste is so much better than on my spinner. Its my go to for sure. I haven't tried many other mods so I don't have much to compare to, but for me it mostly came down to size.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I went from a ego twist to a vamo then to the magneto a mechanical mod. I wish I would have gone straight to the mech mod from the get go. GREAT VAPOR, easy to use and uses 510 connection. Good luck on ur journey to findin the right rig for u its a fun road to travel. Just make sure to keep ur credit cards by the screen cuz u will want more and more pretty things!

how do you start a thread

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb1981 View Post
    how do you start a thread
    Since you are a new member go to the Forum tab on the top left. click on New Members forum and click post a new thread

Ultra Member ECF Veteran NicoHolic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TXEAGLE View Post
    Ok so if I am using a 1.8 ohm atomizer on my mini davide what voltage/wattage would I want to start out with? I know it's mostly preference and juice type/flavor just looking for a starting point
    In the VV world the rule of thumb for starting voltage has been resistance + 2.
    For power that would be starting voltage squared divided by resistance.
    I'm sure someone better at math than I am could probably give you an easier way to calculate that.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by cramptholomew View Post
    I've only been vaping for 2 months, and started with eGo VV batteries. I just got a mech (Sigelei Silver Dragon), and also ordered an SVD. I haven't received the SVD yet, but I can't wait to try it. I got mine from Black Cloud Vapor - they have them at the best price I've found from a US supplier. The mech is awesome, but it has a fairly steep learning curve - well, using a mech and a RDA is the learning curve. RDAs require a good amount of fidgeting and practice.
    Geez, I sure hope I don't pick up any SVD's from vaping

In the VV world the rule of thumb for starting voltage has been resistance + 2.
    For power that would be starting voltage squared divided by resistance.
    I'm sure someone better at math than I am could probably give you an easier way to calculate that.
    The easier way ..........
    http://www.rapidtables.com/calc/elec...calculator.htm
    Last edited by tj99959; 09-10-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast