Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What causes the VAPING/VAPOR to taste like burnt vapor?

Default What causes the VAPING/VAPOR to taste like burnt vapor?

I have been vaping for a year now. I used to smoke about 2 packs a day, so I vape frequently. I bought a Mega T Colesman Kit with a large battery charged, lasts me all day and I use the clear Colorado E-Smokes Pro Colesman Atomizer
    (they are a large clear tank with a wick that you fill with juice) and screws onto the battery. The atomizers come with a one year warranty. The new "employee" will tell you these atomizers should last for a month. However, within 3 -5 days, the vaping starts to taste burnt and very unpleasant. They used to replace my atomizers, no questions asked. Now there is a new employee at the store and will not replace my atomizer because it still makes a hissing or cooking sound so he won't replace because the atomizer is "working". Well it's hissing/cooking, BUT the wicks are black, the taste is burnt and foul, and the hissing/cooking has become weaker meaning I have to hold the button down on the battery longer to get a vapor going. WHY does this happen? Does anyone know why the vapor is nice and smooth for a few days but then turns to a burnt taste?

I'm upset that this business claims to have the industry leading warranty and "stand behind our products with a one-year warranty against failure on all of or our products" however, when I need to replace my atomizer, they say it works so won't replace. Is there something I'm doing wrong? What can I do to make the atomizer work like it did for the first 3 days or so? How do I make the burnt taste go away since they won't replace? I feel scammed because I can't produce a pleasant vapor with this $25 atomizer and they won't replace - can it be fixed? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Advertisement

From what I have experienced I have to turn down the voltage on my VV battery have you tried turning it down a bit?

4. Advertisement

It may also be the liquid you are using. Whats the PV/GV mix?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I hate to tell you this, but you are getting ripped off. $25.97 for this is ridiculous. It's pretty much the same atomizer as the Innokin iClear 16. Slight price difference.

They come with a 1 year warranty, but a coil and wick will not last that long unless you vape it once a month.
    wolfie_beast and SassySam like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member IBCR Media's Avatar

It sounds like the cartridge filler is burned, and unfortunately, there is no good way to get rid of that burnt taste.

Even more unfortunately, the more it sizzles, the worse the problem is going to get.

I won't say you've been scammed, but you did pay a lot for that system. What kind of threading does it take? It might be worth a call, email or visit to see if the battery takes other types of atomizers that don't require so much user maintenance.
    SassySam likes this.

Vapers Blessing: May your batteries be fully charged, your atomizer full of great liquid, your coils wrapped to the sweet spot and your vapor clouds be big, bright and beautiful.

How the? How is the atomizer going to last a month? Let alone a year?

It sizzles because it is still getting hot, but the wicks are soiled. Does the warranty say they don't cover "wear and tear"

This is what it is right? ( googled searched it )

Looks like alot of another clearomizers, seems like ego threads too. I know your wanting to have a company stand behind its product, but you might either try buying replacement coils for a similar clearomizer or just buy a different clearomizer and stop using this company.

Although the voltage suggestion above could be part of it, burning the juice and turning it to sludge faster. But honestly, 1 week-2weeks of normal everyday use is my cut off for a coil. ( in my mini protanks ) then I remove, clean and save for next time.
    SassySam likes this.

That looks exactly like what places like Fasttech sell as a "CE4". They do not have replaceable heads and are meant to be disposable once the coils get bad. It starting to taste burnt/bad after 3 to 5 days of very heavy vaping sounds about right, especially if using darker juices. I just can't imagine a place selling those for $25.
    Last edited by vorm; 09-09-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    wolfie_beast and SassySam like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Looks like you have what's commonly known as a CE4 clearomizer.

It's very common to have these get a buildup of burnt juice residue from anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on the e-juice you use. Generally the darker the color the faster they gunk up.

Looks like it's the type where you can't change the atomizer coils. So first off I'd suggest you order some better priced and easier serviceable models.

Here's a clearo with 5 additional heating core heads... $5.31 with free shipping. Takes about 10-15 days to arrive from Hong Kong but you can't beat the price anywhere in the US. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1370004

Next a simple cleaning and dry burn may help your existing one that taste burnt.

Take the top off... rinse it out thoroughly with hot water. Fill it and rapidly shake out the water multiple times until it look pretty clean inside.

Find a pair of tweezers and pull off the white rubber cap from the top of the tube inside.

Rinse again with hot water and shake it out multiple times.

Let it sit for several hours to dry out.

Leave the top off and the rubber seal... attach it to a manual battery or passthrough device.

Hit the button and gently blow onto the coils for about 2-4 seconds.

Repeat this 4-6 times until the coils glow nice and bright.

Some people like to rinse again with hot water and let dry again. If you got time that's fine... if not replace the rubber seal, refill with e-juice, let sit a couple of minutes... Vape away. Taste should be back to normal again.

Default Thank you so much!

Thanks Pstarsr! Yes, that's exactly what I use. The battery is not adjustable and not sure what it's voltage is. Lots of very good feedback from you pros. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by Pstarsr View Post
    How the? How is the atomizer going to last a month? Let alone a year?

It sizzles because it is still getting hot, but the wicks are soiled. Does the warranty say they don't cover "wear and tear"

This is what it is right? ( googled searched it )

Looks like alot of another clearomizers, seems like ego threads too. I know your wanting to have a company stand behind its product, but you might either try buying replacement coils for a similar clearomizer or just buy a different clearomizer and stop using this company.

Although the voltage suggestion above could be part of it, burning the juice and turning it to sludge faster. But honestly, 1 week-2weeks of normal everyday use is my cut off for a coil. ( in my mini protanks ) then I remove, clean and save for next time.

Thank you zahzoo! I will try this. I will also check into the link you sent. Appreciate your time and info.

Quote Originally Posted by zahzoo View Post
    Looks like you have what's commonly known as a CE4 clearomizer.

It's very common to have these get a buildup of burnt juice residue from anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks depending on the e-juice you use. Generally the darker the color the faster they gunk up.

Looks like it's the type where you can't change the atomizer coils. So first off I'd suggest you order some better priced and easier serviceable models.

Here's a clearo with 5 additional heating core heads... $5.31 with free shipping. Takes about 10-15 days to arrive from Hong Kong but you can't beat the price anywhere in the US. https://www.fasttech.com/products/1370004

Next a simple cleaning and dry burn may help your existing one that taste burnt.

Take the top off... rinse it out thoroughly with hot water. Fill it and rapidly shake out the water multiple times until it look pretty clean inside.

Find a pair of tweezers and pull off the white rubber cap from the top of the tube inside.

Rinse again with hot water and shake it out multiple times.

Let it sit for several hours to dry out.

Leave the top off and the rubber seal... attach it to a manual battery or passthrough device.

Hit the button and gently blow onto the coils for about 2-4 seconds.

Repeat this 4-6 times until the coils glow nice and bright.

Some people like to rinse again with hot water and let dry again. If you got time that's fine... if not replace the rubber seal, refill with e-juice, let sit a couple of minutes... Vape away. Taste should be back to normal again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast