My replacement coils burn out too fast with kanger protank 2 and ego twist 1300 mah - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: My replacement coils burn out too fast with kanger protank 2 and ego twist 1300 mah

Full Member Verified Member

Soldier's Blend E-Liquid is 85/15 PG/VG this is going to be a thinner liquid
    The freedom somkes usa mixes don't specify the ratios of PG/VG so can't tell you there. I would just say compare their thickness to the soldier's blend and see how much thicker (if any) they are.

Do you mix these together or vape them separately?

Quote Originally Posted by MargieD View Post
    I completely agree! I guess I just have to go with the flow, because I sure as hell am not going back to cigarettes!!

Thank you so much for all your awesome help, as it is greatly appreciated.....now get out there and enjoy your son.....that is waaay more important!!!
    You are more than welcome Yeah, I'm just glad he wanted to go out and not just sit in front of the tv all night

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I want to bring this post back from the dead to say that the OP is not crazy. I have a 1300mAh Spinner as well and it absolutely fries whatever is on it unless the battery life is extremely low, and I keep it on the lowest setting, and use 2.5 heads (the highest that Kanger makes). I'm a very intelligent person if I do say so; and I've followed all the advice - dripping on the coil before use, sucking, filling the tank halfway full, letting it sit for forever, soaking and dry burning, removing flavor wicks, all that stuff. I've bought enough heads and wasted enough juice to try each experiment in and out. Simply put, I firmly believe there is a manufacturing defect with the 1300mAh Spinners; my first one even came in DOA and shorted out on absolutely anything I put on it. And on my replacement, soon as I press the battery button, the coils sound like popcorn. It's simply too much voltage IMO. Does it with Blu cartos, does it with my Protank heads, and it absolutely fried my dripping atomizer - made the metal chamber so hot that it almost gave me a burn.

Also, some things to correct folks on - the flavor wicks are nothing more than dental floss. They have the diameter of a needle. They aren't going to effect much of anything, the silica that comes in the Protank heads soaks up juice like a breeze. Drip some directly on it and watch the spreading if you don't believe me. Second, no one in the right mind has or knows how to deal with a voltage checker. Sorry to say it, but who in the world has one of these things laying around their house? Third, no matter what comes on the wick initially, it'll burn off wether you dry vape or not. It isn't going to just sit there the whole time. 4th, the Protank virtually has no suction whatever you do. The draw is like breathing in air, possibly looser. No method of filling or sucking is going to make that crap wick up any better. You might as well suck through a straw with a hole in it and try to get it to suction.

My advice? If you're lucky enough to have friends who vape, keep trying your Protank or whatever on as many different batteries as you can, or even ask a local vape shop if you can try one of their batteries. I don't believe it is your tank or heads. I believe there's a voltage defect in these things, where it can range from effecting the user in a day, to immediately, like mine. Everything that comes from my Spinner tastes like black charcoal, not just the Protank, but Blu cartos and dripping atomizers too. It gives a "tolerable" vape on extremely thin, light juices, and absolutely curses the darker vapes. Ship the crap back to where you got it, ask for a new one, or simply give up on it and buy something else.
    Last edited by MJTP; 10-12-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MJTP View Post
    Second, no one in the right mind has or knows how to deal with a voltage checker. Sorry to say it, but who in the world has one of these things laying around their house?
    So i'm not in my right mind because I have a multimeter? There are a LOT of people who have and know how to use a multimeter. The're so cheap these days that you can even find them at Walmart. I also have an oscilloscope and an inductance meter and those I would say most people don't have just lying around but to say that about a multimeter is just ignorant.

4th, the Protank virtually has no suction whatever you do. The draw is like breathing in air, possibly looser. No method of filling or sucking is going to make that crap wick up any better. You might as well suck through a straw with a hole in it and try to get it to suction.
    On the mini protank II, this is easily fixed by covering up on or two of the three holes. I used a piece of box tape and a hole punch to make a little patch for one of my holes and that fixed the draw and throat hit problem.

It's easy to find out if the battery is over volting your device with a simple volt meter and some very basic reading skills. Set the ego spinner to one of the voltage settings and then check it with a volt meter and if it's higher than what you have it set at then you know you have a problem.
    Last edited by Agastar; 10-12-2013 at 05:02 AM.
    Wigged Out Mom likes this.

ECF Moderator
    Registered Reviewers/Bloggers Manager
    Asst. Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Second, no one in the right mind has or knows how to deal with a voltage checker.
    Just throwing in my 2 cents here...

I have a multimeter, am not an electrician by any means, and got it to help with carto resistance and loose battery voltage and such a couple of years ago when I started vaping. It's a great tool - Provari and Darwin were the only advanced PV's around then, so a multimeter was your best friend in determining things we needed to know.

I have Spinners too, and they all fired just fine. The only problem I have had with these is with the buttons getting too easily stuck in the tube when dropped or pressed at an odd angle. No frying of anything, even on higher voltage settings.

In conclusion, sharing experiences is great, and what we're here to do. But at ECF, we do it with grace.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Post 43 is interesting. It is full of BS and has a lot of incorrect personal opinion not fact, but it is interesting to see how some see things.

Flavor wicks:
    2x 1mm silica(not dental floss)
    Reduces likelihood of /flooding by filling wick window/opening
    Carries additional liquid to feed coil
    Shields coil to prevent liquid splatter flying up tube.

Flavor wicks Have Purpose. Even many Top coil units now use flavor wicks.

ProTank airy:
    Many fully functional fixes have existed since the first week of release. Someone hasn't checked! A simple swap to an Evod coil gives a noticeably tighter draw. Using the beauty ring works to tighten on ego type batteries. An air flow controller works wonders. Tape on the side holes and a pin hole through 1-2 openings, Tight draw.

If coils are burning out to fast, outside forces are contributing to early death.
    Poor power regulation
    Pushing to much power intentionally
    Acidic e-liquids(eat away metal in coils)

If coils are supposedly burnt up, but are reading proper ohms, or close, they more than likely are clogged and need to be cleaned.
    firephly and Wigged Out Mom like this.
    Smoke free since 08/06/12 for my loving Wife, our Children and Grand Children
    Someone has to pay the bills - lol

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Choc_Addic View Post
    steved5600 is right. You need to clean it up.

Go and watch youtube on how to clean, dry burn protank or EVOD, which are the same build and works the same way.

Cheers
    This! I watched a couple of videos on YT. I do that after every 2-3 tanks, and I'm still on my first EVOD head since Sept. 25.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk now Free
    Wigged Out Mom likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vaslovik View Post
    I had that same problem with my Protank, and I now have a large collection of coils I acquired during my Protank days. I had been rebuilding them over and over. Was also using Vision 1300 mAh batteries for a time. Got tired of that. Moved on. I don't miss the hassle, and my Protank has been sitting there having abandonment issues for over a month now.
    What do you use now?

Yep, sounds like you have a bunky battery. Try out your same tank setup with your Vamo and see if the problem is alleviated. I too got a crap Smoktech Winder battery and sometimes that's just what happens. If you are using the same juice, same tank, and same coils, and the only difference is the battery between you and your mom, logic would suggest your battery is crap. Just my 2 cents.

Quick and easy rebuild of the ProTank coil, I use a 4-40 machine screw though:

Kanger Protank wick rebuild with a 1.5 mm screw - YouTube

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast