Kanger vs Joytech (batteries)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Kanger vs Joytech (batteries)

Default Kanger vs Joytech (batteries)

Hello all,

I would like to get some input on what others think of these two companies when it comes to batteries. I have used the Joytech eGo-C batteries and am wondering how the Kanger EVOD batteries compare to these.

Are they equal? If not why?

It is my understanding that they are both 510 threaded correct?

thanks in advance for any info

Blog Entries

They are both ego/ 510 thread. They are essentially the same. Main difference to you is the button. I would think joyetech are slightly better quality and the cost A premium for it too. I have a couple cheap riva 650 bats that are 10 months old and work fine they were only 12.00 a
    Piece.

Zmax v3, Flash e-vapor v2, Oddy, Rayon, 100vg, DIY, 8mg, Hangsen tobaccos. Rayon thread, VCore Thread, Zmax v3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    They are both ego/ 510 thread. They are essentially the same. Main difference to you is the button. I would think joyetech are slightly better quality and the cost A premium for it too. I have a couple cheap riva 650 bats that are 10 months old and work fine they were only 12.00 a
    Piece.
    What would make you think that joyetech is better than kanger? simply the fact that there seem to be more of them on the market?

Blog Entries

I have read A lot over the year. Joyetech is the standard. That all others try to immulate, and highest qc. Kanger had a major recall due to major safety concerns a few months back. Search the forum. I'm sure others would agree joye is top of the mark. Anyone else care to chime in on this.
    Last edited by JeremyR; 09-23-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Zmax v3, Flash e-vapor v2, Oddy, Rayon, 100vg, DIY, 8mg, Hangsen tobaccos. Rayon thread, VCore Thread, Zmax v3 Thread

Ultra Member Verified Member

I have Kanger Evod batteries and they are solid performers. IMHO, the capacity rating is conservative. I have 1100mAh batteries that need a charge before my Evod 900's do.

The button is almost flush with the body on the Kanger battery, so it takes some getting used to. Once you get the hang of it, there's no problem. Good quality construction which is typical Kanger.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran NicoHolic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Both companies have supplied me with reliable equipment that works as it should. It would be a toss-up to me.
    IBCR Media likes this.
    Two REO Grands w/RM2 RDAs Super-T Precise Simplicity 18500 w/ΣΟΦΙΑ IBTanked eVic and USB eGos w/ProTanks
    Swedish snus - a stealthier alternative to stealth vaping.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
    I have read A lot over the year. Joyetech is the standard. That all others try to immulate, and highest qc. Kanger had a major recall due to major safety concerns a few months back. Search the forum. I'm sure others would agree joye is top of the mark. Anyone else care to chime in on this.
    Actually ALL JoyTech products are clones of other PVs. Originators of JT products are Janty and Ovale. In regards to the diff- JoyTech eGo batts fire @ 3.3 volts while Kangers fire @ 3.7 volts. Long before Kanger batts came out I always preferred the Kgo/ Riva batts as they also fire @ 3.7 volts. My 1 1/2 yr old Kgos still hold a full charge and fire great.

Good point about the Kanger voltage. I forgot about that.

However, I have some Ego clones that also fire at 3.7, verified on my multimeter. It actually measured at 3.6, but it wasn't fully charged.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vapoor eyes er View Post
    Actually ALL JoyTech products are clones of other PVs. Originators of JT products are Janty and Ovale. In regards to the diff- JoyTech eGo batts fire @ 3.3 volts while Kangers fire @ 3.7 volts. Long before Kanger batts came out I always preferred the Kgo/ Riva batts as they also fire @ 3.7 volts. My 1 1/2 yr old Kgos still hold a full charge and fire great.
    The Joytech batteries are regulated. The Kgo/Riva doesn't fire at 3.7 volts throughout the charge.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Joyetech has a very good track record. That is why they sell so many batteries. I have had just about all od makes of batteries and I pick my Joyetech Twist over all other batteries, even though it is hard to read.
    Lovin' Life Without Analogs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast