10th day vaping, but cig craving is growing - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 10th day vaping, but cig craving is growing

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I never really intended to quit so I never really tried that hard not to smoke. I gradually smoked less and less until I stopped altogether. It helped that I didn't have my favorite brand, just some nasty RYO. If you do buy cigs, don't buy your favorite brand.

I had some high nicotine liquid for those times where I really did have a craving. I'd tell myself I'd wait 10 minutes and the craving usually went away.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

if you were a heavy smoker i'm sorry to say that 18mg will not be strong enough...I started vaping at somewhere around 36mg lol
    I would up your nic level to at least 24mg and go from there (later you can lower the nic level once your nic fits subside)....also when vaping instead of inhaling into lungs try going from mouth to exhaling out nostrils this seems to give more of a nic hit fix....the nostrils absorb nic better...but for that "smoking" feeling I do every other draw into lungs and out nostrils

and even though I wasn't a chain smoker, I chained vaped at first like crazy mad lmfao but after a few weeks it was easier and my health increased I could smell again and wasn't waking coughing up my lungs (that is once all the leftover tar and build up from years of smoking got out of my system)
    Last edited by Shadav; 09-25-2013 at 03:04 AM.

New Vapor Info & Low Priced Starter Gear | The Good, The Bad and The WT_ Was That Juice
    Vaping = $1,100, Shirts Saved From Cigarette Burns, PRICELESS!

We All Shine On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I agree with Baditude on the half a cigg thing, it not only will help with the cravings it will also taste pretty bad. Also vaping is replacing the nicotine from ciggs and not the many, many other chemicals that come with ciggs. Your body needs to become use to not having them enter Your blood stream. And be sure to drink plenty of water to help flush Your system.
    Baditude likes this.

Click On the Icon And Play Along

I dont understand how 18mg can be not strong enough.
    I mean I was a heavy smoker, about 50 cigs a day, but thats about what, 50mg a day?
    now im smoking about 3ml a day so thats 54mg of nic a day.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

New users - nicotine strength questions

Tobacco cigarette vs e-cigarette nicotine equivalency

For example, a person who smoked less than half a pack a day may need 36mg liquid to avoid cravings (and show absolutely no signs of nicotine OD while using it); a person who was on 2 PAD may be happy with 18mg. There is no comparison possible because the end result required is satisfaction / lack of cravings in an individual - and individuals vary so much in their tolerance to / requirement for a given substance that there is no 'scale' that can be devised.

There are some useful things to keep in mind here, though:

Using an e-cig is different to smoking a tobacco cig. Newbies have such bad technique they may only get a fraction of the nicotine that an experienced vaper would get from basically the same set-up.
    It is difficult to make your e-liquid stronger, but very easy to make it weaker.

Because of this it is a good idea to get some high-strength 36mg liquid with your first order. If, while using the 24mg commonly supplied with Starter Kits, after several days you still experience strong cravings, you can try the 36mg liquid. On the other hand, if your main liquid is too strong, you can add VG (available at any pharmacy) to it, to reduce the strength to whatever is required. Another way to do this is to use 'zero-nic doubler liquid' from your vendor - this is flavored base liquid with no nicotine that is specifically made for reducing the strength with.

If you have some 24mg strength liquid, and add an equal amount of VG or doubler liquid to it, you then have 12mg strength liquid, double the original quantity. Adding VG will reduce the strength of the flavor, however. Adding 'doubler liquid' decreases the nicotine strength but maintains the flavor level.
    Last edited by Caridwen; 09-25-2013 at 03:12 AM.

We All Shine On Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Some one else will come along and explain it better tan I can but
    The nicotine in vapor does not enter Your body the same way as it does with smoke.
    Baditude likes this.

Click On the Icon And Play Along

Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

After 6 months, I still think I want one. The first month was the hardest and I did allow myself to have a cigarette in the morning and one in the evening for a while. It takes a while for all the toxins to leave your body too. Like everyone said, drink lots of water.

Well go have emergency surgery like I did, 30 days ago , I'm Vaping like a baby sucks a bottle...but I will never smoke a real cigarette again because I have found something better tasting with more potent nicotine and my Cardiologist "Recommended that I switch" I would increase your Nic level and try a flavor that is not a clone to a real cigarette. I was a Menthol smoker and I vape Spearmint, similar but more refreshing and when I smell a real cigarette I hate the smell. Vaping tastes so good too. and make sure you don't buy e-juice for 7.00 per 10 ml go online to RTS Vapes and "ROLL YOUR OWN"

Good Luck , you CAN do it. !!

Steve -
    Caridwen likes this.

Please support CASAA Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Get at least some 24 mg. You don't get as much nicotine from the vapor as you did from smoke. Most of it is absorbed in your mouth and throat.Unlike the smoke being absorbed in your lungs.
    Baditude likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

For whatever reason it's not letting me quote text at the moment. What Baditude said in part, "I allowd myself a few cigarettes a day during my first week vaping. I tried not to smoke, but when I got a craving I vaped more. If that didn't work, I allowed myself half a cigarette, and saved the rest. I continued this method for the entire week." A week? Lucky dog. I smoked and vaped for 3-4 months before I quit smoking. The important part was I quit. Six months now. Found a couple of old packs of smokes a few months later and tried one. It was horrible. It was so awful I tried another one about an hour later and it was just as bad. Destroyed the rest. It really did put a damper on the cig craving thing though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast