10th day vaping, but cig craving is growing - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 10th day vaping, but cig craving is growing

Super Member Verified Member Scarey's Avatar

I quit 2 weeks ago. I smoked a pack a day of full flavor menthol 100's. Previously, I smoked full length non-filters (the length of a regular filter cig, not the shorter ones). I went straight into 24mg liquid. It's been working out pretty well. I would definitely suggest upping the nic.
    Last edited by Scarey; 09-25-2013 at 03:44 AM. Reason: clarification
    _____________Last analog: September 10th, 2013, Around 22:00 GMT -5______________
    At 0.5Ω of resistance you're pushing 7.4 amps and a whopping 27.38 watts...
    If you did that to an eGo, it would destroy a small village.

What e liquid have you been vaping? For me, it's not just about the nic content but about the throat hit as well. I know it's all psychological when it comes to throat hit but it just 'satisfies' me more at this stage to have that. And make sure you're vaping properly to get the nic in your system.
    Last edited by Sane Asylum; 09-25-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Full Member Verified Member

Took me a week to stop cigs, and I was a 1-2 packs a day guy to. But I really, really, wanted to quit. So I did. Now im a month in and no cravings whatsoever. So stay strong and you will do it.
    cmdebrecht and MacTechVpr like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sixtwo View Post

Imo, if you really want to quit the coffin nails for good, you will. If not, then not. It's up to you.
    I vehemently disagree with this statement. I spent 24 of my 25 years of smoking analogs wanting to quit. To say someone cannot quit because they don't want to badly enough is demeaning and implies some character fault or innate weakness.

I smelll like a cupcake!

Warzoid,

do NOT give up, think you just need to make a few of the suggested adjustments increasing the Nic level possibly get more Vape clouds with a higher VG base. This forum is a fantastic way to help you learn and stay motivated. it sure is helping me . I NEVER want to end up on the Operating table again like I did less than 30 days ago. !!

Steve -

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmdebrecht View Post
    I vehemently disagree with this statement. I spent 24 of my 25 years of smoking analogs wanting to quit. To say someone cannot quit because they don't want to badly enough is demeaning and implies some character fault or innate weakness.
    While I agree with you I believe, I could be wrong, they didn't mean to imply that. I think they were just saying that mentally. Some people are not mentally ready to vape...vaping is different than smoking. Once you get the technique down and up the nicotine vaping becomes much easier and very pleasing as apposed to trying to vape like you smoked you will find it unpleasant and unhelpful.

My other issue is that I always took long hard drags off my smokies...can't do that vaping or I'll choke lol baby drags baby drags....slow down relax and enjoy I'm not smoking to hotbox and get back inside anymore lol I'm vaping for pleasure well and curb nic fits but 50% of the time it's for pleasure anymore.
    bluecat and PurpleV like this.

New Vapor Info & Low Priced Starter Gear | The Good, The Bad and The WT_ Was That Juice
    Vaping = $1,200, Shirts Saved From Cigarette Burns, PRICELESS!

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadav View Post
    While I agree with you I believe, I could be wrong, they didn't mean to imply that. I think they were just saying that mentally. Some people are not mentally ready to vape...vaping is different than smoking. Once you get the technique down and up the nicotine vaping becomes much easier and very pleasing as apposed to trying to vape like you smoked you will find it unpleasant and unhelpful.

My other issue is that I always took long hard drags off my smokies...can't do that vaping or I'll choke lol baby drags baby drags....slow down relax and enjoy I'm not smoking to hotbox and get back inside anymore lol I'm vaping for pleasure well and curb nic fits but 50% of the time it's for pleasure anymore.
    Well put

Sent from my SGH-M919

Quote Originally Posted by Shadav View Post
    While I agree with you I believe, I could be wrong, they didn't mean to imply that. I think they were just saying that mentally. Some people are not mentally ready to vape...
    Perhaps. Many people begin vaping with no real intention of, or desire to, quit smoking. But frankly the OP seems to be vaping with the goal of quitting in mind, otherwise he or she would not be reaching out for help.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

I smelll like a cupcake!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warzoid View Post
    I dont understand how 18mg can be not strong enough.
    I mean I was a heavy smoker, about 50 cigs a day, but thats about what, 50mg a day?
    now im smoking about 3ml a day so thats 54mg of nic a day.
    As cardigan already posted the body absorbs nic differently. When smoking the lungs absorb better but that's because it's smoke, tar, nic and other chemicals. While vaping is water based, nic and flavoring. Think of a Vic's vaporizer/humidifier you in hail the vapors into you nostrils/sinus cavities not into your lungs you don't want water in your lungs. And as it is more water based even though what you are vaping is said 18mg you aren't fully ingesting (lack of better word) the full 18mg. I'd really have to say almost all new vapors start around 24mg to curb the nic fit because you are now only getting the nicotine and not all the other chemicals from smoking.
    Lol 3ml that's all I go through that in less than 30 mins but that's also because I'm trying to go from 24/36 mg to 12/18mg atm so I'm back to chain vaping.

Hang in there it gets better, easier and is well worth it in the end and as suggested there is no right from wrong. I spent the better part if a year vaping and smoking because I was only using a blu had know of ecf and an ego vv spinner sooner I'd have been able to quit sooner.

(Edit) grr blasted iPhone and auto correct. Please forgive typos and crap it keeps changing words on me)
    Last edited by Shadav; 09-25-2013 at 04:56 AM.

New Vapor Info & Low Priced Starter Gear | The Good, The Bad and The WT_ Was That Juice
    Vaping = $1,200, Shirts Saved From Cigarette Burns, PRICELESS!

I think vaping takes a bit of experimenting until you find out what really works for you. You need to find the right device, flavor and mgs. I thought I would need 24mg but Ive come to realize it gives me a headache and went down to 18. My flavor of choice is fireball. The cinnamon, to me, tickles my throat like the menthol in the analogs did. Another thing that really helped me is inhalation techniques. I was doing it completely wrong and I don't think I was really getting much nicotine hence the cravings. After reading the techniques, finding the perfect flavor and mgs I had an ah ha! moment. Don't think you must immediately give up smoking if you are vaping. Go at your own pace and if you do smoke every now and again don't be hard on yourself. Good luck and know everyone here is rooting for you!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast