10th day vaping, but cig craving is growing
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 10th day vaping, but cig craving is growing

Default 10th day vaping, but cig craving is growing

This is my 10th day vaping and not smoking cigarettes, but it seems like my craving for analogs is just growing days after days. How long does it take for this craving to go away?

I just went to mcdonalds and after eating the craving was insane I almost bought a pack.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's different for everyone. Took me a few weeks for the worst of it to pass and then a few months to get past the rest. What I did was to vape through the pangs. So basically if I wanted a smoke, I vaped as much as I needed instead.

How much nicotine is in your juice in mg? What hardware are you using?

Hang in there, it does get better!

Super Member ECF Veteran StarDose's Avatar

Personally I found ry4 to be my goto when I wanted a smoke and just vaped until the craving died. 12mg worked for me and I used to smoke about 5 - 6 packs a week.
    Currently vaping on my nemesis/kfl setup

Super Member ECF Veteran Amish Ed's Avatar

Yeah, my first month or so was really bad for me too, but it rapidly got better afterwards. I used 24mg and chain vaped perpetually during that time. Plus, I some 36mg on hand for the really bad times. A year later I'm at 18mg and keep 36mg around still. It's good for the bad days and for fishing (I don't vape much while fishing, I need both hands).

im vaping 18mg juice and using a v3 ego spinner. i think its a clone of some other PV not sure which one
    nic is not the problem, its the taste. I miss the taste of cigs >.>

It sounds like you were a pretty heavy analog enthusiast. I was only on two packs a week and it took 18mg eliquid to finally stop for good. You may also need more robust batteries to get a good wattage going to increase intensity, egos and the like are a bit piddly in my opinion.

Edit: There are some wonderful tobacco flavored liquids out there, even some designed to taste like particular brands.

Super Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warzoid View Post
    im vaping 18mg juice and using a v3 ego spinner. i think its a clone of some other PV not sure which one
    nic is not the problem, its the taste. I miss the taste of cigs >.>
    You miss the taste of burning?

Imo, if you really want to quit the coffin nails for good, you will. If not, then not. It's up to you.

Objectively, vaping will satisfy your body's physical craving for nicotine. However, the psychological addiction to smoking, (which sounds quite strong in your case), must be overcome with willpower.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran FlamingoTutu's Avatar

Congratulations on 10 days cigarette free! That's awesome.

I had the same problem until I went up to 24mg, and I smoked ultra lights, go figure. It still took time but was a hell of a lot easier to deal with. I failed the first time because I way underestimated the amount of nic I needed. After a while the 24mg was too strong and I began thinning it with the same flavor Omg nic juice. Keep up the great work!

I feel ya, I'm 16 days cig free and still want one bad at times. I'm using an ego with 6mg juice....guess i need to step my game up

Blog Entries

Stay determined. The cravings are different for every individual. Some were just able to quit without really intending to with vaping, it was easy for them. Others struggle, both vaping and smoking alternatively. No one way is the "right way", whatever you feel will work best for you.

I allowd myself a few cigarettes a day during my first week vaping. I tried not to smoke, but when I got a craving I vaped more. If that didn't work, I allowed myself half a cigarette, and saved the rest. I continued this method for the entire week.

It wasn't long for the cigarettes to start to taste really BAD, especially the remaining half of a stubby. I began to prefer vaping and not want the cigs. By the end of the week the last pack I had set aside for my "quit week" were done, and so was I. I haven't touched or wanted a cigarette in 1.5 years.

I may go against conventional wisdom when I say you won't be breaking any laws if you allow yourself half a cigarette. More than likely you'll be surprised at how awful it tastes and you'll probably put it out.

We have a saying here on ECF. "It's not the number of cigarettes you smoke that count, it's the ones you didn't."

Stay strong. Vape hard. Vape proud. You can and will do it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast