Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Lets talk!! What to say?

Full Member Verified Member kaiser74's Avatar

i have one coworker who picks on me. he smokes and dips. i'd let him try it if he didn't have rotten teeth.
    he's not mean just pokes fun alot. "why are you trying to fool yourself?" is his most common line.

i just tell him i like it better then smoking and he shakes his head.

everyone else is either supportive or makes no comment. i've even converted a few people or have people ready to convert.
    CreepyLady likes this.

2. Advertisement

I'm sorry, we look cool. I don't care what people think.

Here in the US haranguing people for smoking has become a civic duty, so I happily vape wherever the hell I feel like it to give it back to them.

For those that want to learn what it is I take all the time I can to walk em through it and explain what a revolution it is.

4. Advertisement
    ECF Guru* ECF Veteran Vapoor eyes er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiser74 View Post
    i have one coworker who picks on me. he smokes and dips. i'd let him try it if he didn't have rotten teeth.
    he's not mean just pokes fun alot. "why are you trying to fool yourself?" is his most common line.

i just tell him i like it better then smoking and he shakes his head.

everyone else is either supportive or makes no comment. i've even converted a few people or have people ready to convert.
    Whenever I'd pickup an order at my Vendor I'd ask and receive a few free disposable Ecigs. Whenever I'd give away a disposable it was always a successful conversion with the convert ordering from the above Vendor...a win- win situation for all involved esp the Vendor.

Hi Jessica,

When you are trying to get someone to understand the benefits of vaping over smoking, there are so many its hard to know where to begin.

It is much less expensive than smoking. (Disclaimer : If you are lucky enough to find some juices you really like, without having to go thru many vendors and flavors in search of your ADV....AND....you find the device that works for you...ie EGO, a mechanical mod, rebuildable attys, etc...)

Your clothes, breath, car and home no longer smell like a stale ashtray.

If you are dating, you pool of potential loves is greatly increased. To be honest, this was the main reason I tried vaping and it worked! Funny how the motivation of love turned me around instead of concerns for my health.

You can vape in airports and the bathroom on the plane ( or stealthy vaping in your seat ). Lets just say my last flight was 11 hours from Athens to JFK and I felt really sorry for the folks on the plane chewing the life out of nicotine gum and the guy with two patches on.

And the list goes on and on...

I actually carry a spare drip tip so I can let folks try it. Have not met one so far who did not ask for links on where to either buy or do their own research.

Full Member Verified Member

When I started vaping at work I got a lot of comments from smokers about what I was "smoking", "you know there is antifreeze in them", ect. I think a lot of it was just a cover for their own curiosity. One of the people that made the most jokes about it started asking real questions after I had gone about two weeks without a cigarette. So I pointed him to a couple websites and couple days latter he shows up with an ecig. I've got three "converts" at work so far. Best response I had to a comment was to my boss. He said there must be something "stronger" than nicotine in my ecig. To which I replied "It has to be to put up with your a**"
    CreepyLady likes this.

LOL thank you all for the replys and info
    I have converted 4 friends so far & found out about one friend that vapes and smokes idk what she's vaping but it must not be what we are LOL the main thing for me was that I have two young kids.
    Second a ton of people in my family died way sooner than they Gould have from lung cancer and my grandma from being around it to long (she had never smoked in her life yet her own son that wouldn't move out smoked up a lung in there house) she had so many problems illnesses from it it took her life. Then another reason was for my kids dad (we got back together again ha ha) we both wanted me to stop and I would go a few days or a month etc and start again. Finaly I convinced him to take me to get one and now it's 3 months so far also I got my brother to switch which is AWESOME in itself
    Sambuca likes this.

When I first started several months ago I was embarrassed to use my Vamo2 or SVD, but now I could care less what anyone thinks. I'm down to 0 nic and love vaping!
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Time to start spreading the good word.
    hazylady likes this.

I'm still at the same 18mg I started at should I start going to 12 my next bottles?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I quit cuz' I was sick, literally and figuratively, of cigarettes. A good friends sister who smoked even more than me had quit using ecigs so I thought, "WOW, if she can do it, maybe I can!" So I found out what she was using and placed an order. I have evolved since then, but what an evolution it has been. Still evolving. I have had great experiences so far and my favorite thing to do is stealth vaping, LOL.
    Jessicapinkie1 likes this.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast