Please be careful with liquid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Please be careful with liquid

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    36

    Default Please be careful with liquid

    I was doing a bit of dripping today, and I guess that an extra drop must have run down the dropper tip as I was putting the cap back. When I opened the lid up again a bit later, there was liquid on it and somehow it got all over my fingers and the outside of the dropper cap.

    This made me start thinking. E-cigarettes are still in their infancy and have not been around long. I just kind of think that it is a matter of time before, sadly, we hear about a child getting hurt or killed by eliquid. The sweet smelling fruit flavored liquid may seem to a toddler to resemble liquid candy (the kinds they sell in convenience stores in the US and abroad), which could lead to a horrible accident.

    So please, everyone who uses nicotine-containing eliquid:

    1. Make sure to leave your eliquid in a child-proof place when it is in storage. Toddlers and older children can get into almost anywhere they can reach, and then some. If you have small children, consider putting your eliquid supply in a container that is lockable.

    2. If eliquid gets on to any surfaces or small objects, wash them clean. If it spills onto furniture and is absorbed, consider cleaning it with a charcoal cleaning product, or call a hazerdous chemical professional for assistance.

    3. Always wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after touching anything that contains or has come into contact with eliquid. Do this even if you are not sure (or think you are sure) that you did not get any on your hands. This is especially important before handling anything that a child or animal will be handling or eating.

    4. Do not leave your e-cigarette where a child could reach it. They may put the cartidge or other pieces in their mouth. Consider locking up your e-cigarette when it is not in use (including over night).

    5. When you are using your eliquid and ecigarette, make sure it is in a case that would be unlikely to slip out of your pocket when sitting down or doing other activities. Do not leave it on a counter unattended for even a couple minutes. It should never leave your sight if there are children present.

    eLiquid must be treated the same as deadly poison, because it is deadly poison. We all need to be responsible e-cigarette users, for those around us. Also, although much less important, I am not sure that a completely new technology like e-cigarettes could survive if they were introduced to the general public attached to horrible stories of children getting hurt by the liquid and cartridges.

  2. #2
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan usa
    Posts
    344

    Default

    good thought. Obviously this also applies to pets.

  3. #3
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    827

    Default

    I would add: Always select the smallest possible bottle for daily use. There is no sense in carrying around 10 or more ml. 3.7 ml is optimal, 2 ml would be ideal if I coud find some.

  4. #4
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern CA, USA
    Posts
    544
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed_bollix View Post
    good thought. Obviously this also applies to pets.
    And nosy little dogs that like to find new objects to play/chew on.

    Wonderin' too, just how long do these liquids last and still be okay. One supplier, ??, says they make their batches daily to insure best quality?

    Wonder, if daily, how can they bottle it and get it off to ya fresh when great demand comes in.

    Best not quote me till I check it out. Forgot the name of the blasted company.
    __________________________
    Johnson Creek
    Last edited by ladybug51; 12-27-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Add on

  5. #5
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    .ie
    Posts
    1,765

    Default

    also, don't poke yourself in the eye with a cartridge. don't know how I managed to do this but *ouch (it stings).

  6. #6
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Smalltown Iowa, USA
    Posts
    511
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    dc ... hmm poked in the eye with a cart ...Ouch.

    I do make sure all my stuff is put away in a drawer when i'm not near it. Especially having 2 dogs and 5 cats. Our kids are ok, they are 15 and 17 and have aboslutely no interest in smoking anything.
    I did explain the whole esmoking thing to them when i got my 901. Just so they would know NOT to touch it.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    307

    Default

    I always wash my hands after I drip. It seems like I get some on them every time. I worry about my mini american eskimo getting into the liquid. She eats everything off the table. We've had to be very careful to keep the bottles where she can't get them.

  8. #8
    Full Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM USA
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I too ALWAYS seem to get some liquid on my fingers but really have only been wipeing my hands off with paper towels so I guess I will be washing with soap and water from now on. Sheesh, I drip and refill constantly. I think the skin on my hands is going to dry to the bone with all the washing I am gonna have to do!

  9. #9
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Southern CA, USA
    Posts
    544
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pjrltor View Post
    I too ALWAYS seem to get some liquid on my fingers but really have only been wipeing my hands off with paper towels so I guess I will be washing with soap and water from now on. Sheesh, I drip and refill constantly. I think the skin on my hands is going to dry to the bone with all the washing I am gonna have to do!
    Well, I was using paper towels or dry washcloth. I rubbed my eye and later it felt weird and during the night it watered and left crusty liquid on my face.

    Nicotine is nothing to full around with. Very toxic. I read where I butt if eaten by your pet, will kill it.

    Washy washy. That's what good hand lotions are for. Even you guys aren't ninnies if you use lotion. Better safe than sorry.

  10. #10
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pjrltor View Post
    I too ALWAYS seem to get some liquid on my fingers but really have only been wipeing my hands off with paper towels so I guess I will be washing with soap and water from now on. Sheesh, I drip and refill constantly. I think the skin on my hands is going to dry to the bone with all the washing I am gonna have to do!

    Try getting liquid Soft Soap. I hate using regular soap because it makes my hands so rough, but Soft Soap doesn't do it at all. That stuff is magical.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread