Price of liquids - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Price of liquids

Full Member Verified Member

I try to only by juice when it's on sale for 50% off for the most part. And I'll probably never bring myself to buy a bottle less than 30mL because the value is so much better haha.
    NiNi and Talyon like this.

I may have been lucky on start.
    The very first shop I found online (in Germany) turned out to have the best quality and at same time the best prices (excluding China discount stuff).
    I paid 6€ for 30ml which compares to about $2.50 per 10ml.
    They donīt have any fancy creations, but a good variety of basic flavors, ideal for a beginner with only very basic gear.
    3 weeks later when I started DIY I knew where that shop buys the ingredients, and even though that shop doesnīt sell the ingredients separate, I easily found another shop that does.
    This way I was able to create a precise match to my first shops liquids.

From there I started fine tuning such as increasing VG from the traditional 60/30/10 to 50/50 to increase the amount of vapor.
    With some flavors I slightly increased the dosage of the flavoring, others I slightly reduced.
    Didnīt take me long before I liked my own liquids better than the ready made ones.

Later on with better gear I got fancy myself, trying combinations of flavors like tobacco with vanilla.
    I created several types of fruit yogurt, a pretty good apple pie with an overdose of raisins and my (so far) favorite milk chocolate (from Herrlan Germany) with hazelnut (from Flavourart Italy).

DIY has in fact become some kind of hobby for me, I really love trying new flavors and having created them myself gives an extra satisfaction besides the pleasure of vaping it.
    I only regret I canīt spend more than 1-2 hours with mixing per month, I just canīt vape more than I already do.
    But of course thatīs just my opinion.

Btw.
    It doesnīt really belong into the new members forum anymore, but if anyone has a good recipe for a tasty flavor mix, let me know.
    As you might have discovered above, I like sweets and fruits.

Last but not least, since Google couldnīt help me on this one, could anyone give me an english lesson?
    Whatīs the difference between flavor and flavour?
    NiNi likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

English add 'u' to words like color and flavor. American English doesn't do that.

Edit* I typically stay at or above 50 cents per mL. Single malt vs malt liquor.. If I had a choice, and my liver could properly process it, single malt all the way.
    Last edited by suspectK; 09-29-2013 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Forgot to put actual reason for posting..
    NiNi likes this.

Please support CASAA Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

DIY is not for everyone, But I like it. I can go in my office and make a 50 ml bottle and be back before the commercial is over. I use a graduated glass beaker and can pour in the nic,pg,vg,and flavoring and other than 10 seconds in the microwave to aid the mixing. I'm done. Yes in the begining it was some trial and error, But now its fast.Not to mention costing about .08/ml.

Quote Originally Posted by cedric212 View Post
    Love DIYing my own eliquid, it takes me 1-2min to wipe out a 30mL bottle while leaving little to no mess to clean up afterwards. It does take some experimentation with different flavorings to find a ADV, but once you got it down, it'll cost you <$7 for a 100mL bottle of eliquid. While my DIY product may not be of "premium" quality, but it's definitely better than some of the crappy eliquids that's being offered by some venders. Just my
    NiNi likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started DIY because it is easier........when you live in the sticks.......60 miles to the closet big town, and not really knowing how fast an online store is going to ship a product it just made sense to me. Plus I like my juices better than what I bought before and can always change them to my liking.

Also much cheaper when you add in shipping when buying online.

Living in the sticks has it's advantages and disadvantages but the advantages far out weigh the disadvantages in my opinion
    NiNi likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jericoriver View Post
    DIY is not for everyone, But I like it. I can go in my office and make a 50 ml bottle and be back before the commercial is over. I use a graduated glass beaker and can pour in the nic,pg,vg,and flavoring and other than 10 seconds in the microwave to aid the mixing. I'm done. Yes in the begining it was some trial and error, But now its fast.Not to mention costing about .08/ml.
    Same here I can mix four 30 ml bottles a lot faster than it would take to buy it in a store me.
    NiNi likes this.

Here here. Absolutely worth the costs financially, as they are really nothing at all in comparison to knowing we are no longer lumped in as smokers, slowly killing ourselves. Now that I don't smoke, I can kind of see why people look at smokers as.... 'dumb'. It really is a messed up thing, to virtually guarantee an early, slow, painful death. I try not to be 'that guy', but I lecture just about all of my friends who smoke on vaping. In a friendly way!
    NiNi likes this.

Thommi, I agree with you. While I understand the posters who say "time is money", I don't live near a B&M store. In fact, I ordered my kit, and by the time I received it, had already researched the best prices on DIY supplies.

Waiting now on my 36mg 50/50 mix, with an equivalent 0mg 50/50 mix to use as cut, and 6 different flavors to test. This way, I know I have the nic I need, and I spent (not including the flavors) under 20$ for 250 ml of liquid. The flavors were on sale, and those 6 bottles may last a couple years. We'll see, but spending 10-15 dollars for 30ml of juice seems wasteful.

I want to spend less money supporting my nicotine habit. Like you, that was my original motivation to try vaping. All of the fun I am having is just icing on the cake
    NiNi likes this.

I mostly vape Halo e-liquid. $20 for 30ml seems like a good deal for the quality of the juice I get.

Default my baker vapor

I have done halo, Hoosiers liquid great actually but pricey, pink spot, and many more but it's just nice and perfect I can order cinnamon flavored all day vape for sure get 50 ml extra flavor shots customize my vg and pg and ship it here in 2 days for 10 buns along with a random 30 ml sample.
    NiNi likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast