Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review

Full Member ECF Veteran

Thumbs up Aspire BDC - First 2 Days Review

Just received the Aspire BDC from nhaler. This is the newest, pbusardo is raving about them on tasteyourjuice.com.

I have the following comments. Overall, the BDC is excellent, great throat hits, great vapor, it isn't as "pretty" as the pro tank, however the product works as advertised. I am not using anything that can degrade the tank; as pbusardo mentioned, you can use your old vivi nova tanks. Here are a few cons.

1. The threading is not great, it was hard to get the threads started, hopefully that will get easier the more it is used.
    2. The capacity, you can't fill the tank "to the top" due to the design, but the throat hit and vapor are great. I have been using the tank on ego batteries, and a vision slip. The unit did not work well at all with the provari mini when it is "cranked" all the way down. Have to leave some room for air flow....Plus, I got an E4 reading on my provari...
    3. nhaler is the dealer where I purchased the nova tank, regular size for $10. Their shipping was quick, however the BDC was not in a box, and I did not receive extra coils. The one coil that I did receive with the unit was the "newer" 2 hole coil, rather than the original 4 hole that they had problems with, per the pbusardo video. Also, if you want to order the extra coils (5 of them), nhaler charges $13 for them. I did not order the extras, since I thought I would get other coils with the unit. Thats not good, but will use them again, I guess to get coils. The coil that came with my unit was 1.8 ohm. This is what it looks like, think vivi nova without the top coils.....
    aspirevivi.jpg

So, the net of this mini review, the Aspire BDC works great, looks ugly, but it works!

Hope this is helpful to you guys. Be safe!

Vokell

Vokell, I am so glad that you gave this a good review also, I watched pbusardo also and ordered one too. It should be here sometime next week. Now I really can't wait to get it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good review, guess the price of the extra coils is where they make up for the cheap initial price. I almost ordered one too, but I really don't want something that ugly sitting on top of any of my mods lol! I'm glad it works great though, I just have to wait until they sex it up a little bit.
    nuhrayoh likes this.

Can you use a standard drip tip? How is the tip removed, screw or pop?

Pop, I just received mine. There great taste and good vapor, but I would like to have had higher ohms on the head. If you chain vape at 4.0 volts you'll get burn taste.
    vincenzxo likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Standard drip tip, I replaced the one that was sent with the BDC with one of my mine, just pops off.
    Last edited by Vokell; 09-30-2013 at 12:14 PM.

good review

Great review, it looks pretty decent on my k100, trying to upload a pic from my iPhone.

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Good review. Might go pick one up and see what I think. Thanks for heads up on package and no extra coils.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just received my two in the mail today, ordered from the same place as you, and also received it in plastic with no extra heads. Loaded up a tank of Melon Boba and I have to say it is performing quite well. Great Vapor, nice even draw, good TH and nice flavor.

I will say it is not outperforming my Phiniac or my JonBoy Lava Tank, but, it's definitely less work, basically fill it up and vape away, no concern for loading cartos or getting a bad carto. I saw somewhere on FB yesterday that there's already a V2 coming out late Oct early Nov that has a glass tank so you can use whatever juice you like so I will probably hold off on ordering any more heads until that baby is out.

If you're on the fence I'd order it, it seems to be performing quite nicely.
    jefsview and gerrymi like this.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast