Just Curious - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Just Curious

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Also, at the beginning, fear!
    "what if my battery dies?" "What if this tank starts leaking?".
    Since we're used to having maybe 40 or 50 cigs on hand, a couple lighters and some matches for backup - we don't feel SAFE without something to vape in case ONE unit dies. And they are somewhat touchy electronic gadgets, that do fail or get screwy...
    AttyPops, Fergie, gerrymi and 1 others like this.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Train2 View Post
    Also, at the beginning, fear!
    "what if my battery dies?" "What if this tank starts leaking?".
    Since we're used to having maybe 40 or 50 cigs on hand, a couple lighters and some matches for backup - we don't feel SAFE without something to vape in case ONE unit dies. And they are somewhat touchy electronic gadgets, that do fail or get screwy...
    I do have 2 and I hope they last for awhile anyways. I did get some advice before I purchased and had someone tell me I made a good choice yesterday. I'm sure in the future I will be replacing it with something else.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Might not be a bad idea to pick up an extra charger in the next month or so.

That was the first thing that died for me, my charger. Had extra liquid, extra batteries, etc. Forgot about the charger.

Super Member ECF Veteran pamdis's Avatar

Like someone else said - different devices for different situations, too. At home they may use the biggest, honking thing they own, at work maybe something smaller that fits in their pocket, at the beach where it may get ruined or a bar where it may get stolen maybe a disposable, etc.

Of course because of the backup, backup, backup fear, they would have multiple large devices, multiple smaller ones, multiple disposables...LOL.
    Last edited by pamdis; 10-01-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    Baditude and gerrymi like this.
    Life may have no meaning, or, even worse, it may have a meaning of which you disapprove.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Great thoughts! I appreciate your knowledge! I will definitely pick up another charger, don't want to be stuck like that.

IT Badazz/Provarinati Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Must....have....backup! The degree to which I can get my nic fix without interruption and when needed is directly proportional to my success in kicking analogs to the curb.
    Last edited by Bassnorma; 10-01-2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Oh my typos!
    gerrymi likes this.

I started with the 510 cigalike kit. I never want to have to use those again. On day 2 I ordered an ego starter kit - 2 batteries, 1 charger. It works fine for me. But....if one battery dies that takes me down to one battery and waiting for it to recharge. If the charger dies I'm in a mess So I just ordered an Evod which is similar to the Ego but why not try something a bit different. Now I have a safety net. 4 batteries and 2 chargers. I'm 3 weeks off the analogs tomorrow and I'd hate to lose that because of a dead battery or charger.

I'm with everyone else a backup device is always a good thing.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ld3441 View Post
    Why do so many have more than one?
    Started with 2 eGo-C's and 2 CE4's.

Then added a Vision Spinner and an iTaste VV along with some IClear 16's and Kanger T3S BCC's.

I "rotate" these 4 when I'm at home (with different e-juices).

But they're all too "unwieldy" for when I'm out and about.

When I'm headed out the door I stick my V2 Cig in my pocket (along with a couple White Cloud Flings) and I'm set for at least 4-6 hours of partying.
    DetraMental and Texasman2011 like this.

Blog Entries

Vapor's Rule Number One: Have backups for your backups...for everything you use. Batteries, battery devices, juice attachments, chargers, and juice. You can't vape if you don't have one or the other.

My different mods for specific situations:

gripper_&_knucklehead.jpg
    Stealth vaping at the cinema: Smoktech Gripper

Mini Provari 2.jpggripper.jpg
    Pocket-friendly mods used for out-of-the house: Mini Provari, iTaste MVP, VMod bottom feeder, Smoktech VV Gripper

bb-lanyard.jpg
    Mods that have lanyards for hands-free portability at concerts, festivals, fairs, sporting events, or other public events: AltSmoke BB and Segelei Ovale V-8

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg
    Home: Two Provari's, MVP, or Silver Bullet

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast