Just Curious - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Just Curious

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Because................it's just like potato chips......you can't just have one!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have many clearomizers ready to vape with different juices but I use the same batteries T started with..Kanger..they are fine for me!

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Until brick & mortar stores are the norm, most of us have to, or have had to, rely on mail service. Fear is a great motivator for getting more than two or even three devices. When we finally realize that ecigs actually got us away from cigs, we now have a fear of something breaking and then the possibility of going back.

We really don't want to go back to those cigs. We have backups for our backups. In some cases, ok most all of us have, backups for those backups.
    AttyPops, Baditude, NiNi and 1 others like this.
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~The Robinator~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

I guess it's more like curiousity of which among the flavah are the best. I'd say you try it yourself as well. lol
    NiNi likes this.

It seems like a lot of people on ECF started out with cheaper or more readily available PV's, usually cigalikes. Then they'll make a series of decisions, something like the following:

They want something cheaper or better-tasting then the cigalikes, so they pick up a liquor store ego and clearomizer. They like it.
    They get another, as a backup, and more clearos.
    They get fed up with the short life and high price of disposable clearos. They get a tank.
    Then they realize that they miss having a bunch of cheap clearos at hand, for different liquids, so they get more tanks.
    Then they move on to things that vape better, something VV, like a twist. They like it better!
    Then they move on to something bigger, digital, more features, more control.
    Then in the pursuit of a better vape, they get a carto or drip atomizer.
    Then wanting better still, they cough-up the money for a Provari.
    Then they realize that they miss the portability of the smaller devices, so they get something smallish.

... and so it goes. It's a progression. Always in search of better, because "better" continues to change with whatever you're comparing to, and what aspect you're seeking to improve.
    AttyPops, NiNi and gerrymi like this.

Yeah, I type stuff. ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You also tend to accumulate stuff over time.

At first I only had two batteries, a few coils and some juice (not going into the juice thing right now...focusing this on hardware).

Quickly investigated other coils and juices. Tended to accumulate stuff (slowly, limited budget). Upgraded, kept old stuff. Upgraded again, build mods. Invested in a charger and external/swappable batteries. Now just got a hand-me-down mod. lol.

So basically...have a duplicate setup at least. And like Caridwen said...spare charger too. Coils die. Batteries die. Chargers die. Vapers live.

Besides...you know what happens when you separate an addict from their drug. It isn't pretty. You don't want to end up on the stinkies again if you can avoid it.

Edit: Why is it when I do a reply, someone that types faster is typing basically the same thing? lol. Good post Actually
    Last edited by AttyPops; 10-01-2013 at 02:32 AM.
    Baditude, Robino1, NiNi and 1 others like this.
    Tobacco free since 6/30/10 4:30 pm! VV box mod user and amateur multimeter reader.
    ♪♫♪♫♩ They call me AttyPops, AttyPops, Oh Atty Atty Atty... AttyPops! <Ba, Da, Bum, Bum> ♪♫♪♫♩

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I can't say "thanks" enough for your replies although now I am scared! I will definitely be getting another back up set up. I am planning on going back soon for more juice anyway so I may as well make sure that I don't have something fail on me and have to go backwards. I am actually shocked that I have put down cigarettes completely so quick and don't even want one. You guys are awesome and thanks for all the pictures Baditude. Now... decisions, decisions.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Any recommendations on what I should get for another back up? I know it is a personal choice but as I've said, until last Saturday I've never looked into this. I have a Kanger now so I will get something different but don't want to buy junk.

Because different products specialize in different things. I have a small cig-alike for showing off at parties because its small, looks cool, and will take a beating. I have a variable voltage battery with a t3 clearomizer at home cause I can vape that baby all day without a charge and create enough smoke to replace a fog machine at a haunted house. However, it requires more maintenance, can be broken when out partying and not being careful (I have a weakness for vodca), and will hit my wallet hard if lost or stolen.
    gerrymi likes this.

Mystagogue φ Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I only have one juice I really like so I put it in various set-ups and pretend it's different flavors. Juice flavor can vary quite a bit depending on what you're using.
    RedhatPat likes this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari 2.5 & P3/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast