Juice preferences - can you know what you'll like before you try? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Juice preferences - can you know what you'll like before you try?

IT Badazz/Provarinati Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by dice57 View Post
    It's hit and miss, even with flavors one really likes, disappointment is always a risk. I finally found a few that I really loved, but then I started DIY juice. I purchased 9 different flavor extracts with my start up purchase, and now make small 10ml test batches, finding flavors and recipes that will please me. If a test batch is crap, well I'm only out like 80 cents, no big just don't mix it that way again.

Finding a vape bar where you can sample flavors is always a great idea, unfortunately not everyone has one close by. Heard there was one north of me, about 35 miles, but that's pretty inconvenient for me with my work schedule working nights. Now I have my own juice bar, so it's not a factor.

Just try flavors that you like, such as ice cream, or coffee, or even pizza. Only you know what you like to consume. The longer I vape, the more flavors I seem to love, so give it some time to find your thrill, on blueberry hill, or something like that. lol

Welcome and good luck.
    A vape bar? Dayum...those exist? Ah yes, you are in the "cool" Washington!
    dice57 likes this.

"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
    New Reonaut squonkin' happy!

PV Exporer/Juice Saucier Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnorma View Post
    So I've heard, but it's only hearsay since I've never been to one. lol

Yeah, "kewl" Washington fer sure, home of the Provari and Mt Baker Vapor!! Not that I buy from them anymore. lol to darned expensive, imagine paying $10 for 50ml of juice plus shipping!! Vapeway robbery I say. lol. Actually the owner is really a nice guy, and an ex dice dealer to boot. Met him and his crew while dealing craps. Great tokers also.
    Bassnorma likes this.
    P.S.: the cat bites!
    Spot, I am not a Tree!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jorunkun View Post
    Sorry for the convoluted title. From what I've read here, many new vapers are disappointed with the first juices they order, and the general recommendation seems to be to just order lots of stuff and try it because there is no way of knowing what you'll like before you do. Is this your experience too?

I'm asking because I'm about to take the plunge and order my first set, and I'm really lost as to what juices I might like and how to approach this. FWIW, I've been smoking menthols for many years, currently just below a pack a day of American Spirits menthol lights.

My hunch would be to go with a few menthol types, but what else should I get and what would you base this decision on? Your preference of ice-cream flavors?

Comments and advice welcome.
    There is really only one way to find out what you like and as others have said that is by trying out many many different flavors.
    What caught my eye in your post is like you I smoked American Spirits for what seems for ever, so I'll tell you what some of what I like is, understanding your taste is yours alone. I always have stocked Velvet Cloud Vapor's Blue Beard and Burley Beard and Caramel Tobacco. A Very subtle tobacco and not overwhelming but extremely satisfying. I also have Gingers RY4 from the Vapor Room and Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions.

Lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it's been

Where do you live? I actually live near a vape store that makes their own juice that they sell, so I can actually sample it there. If there are vape stores in your area, you maybe have that option. Otherwise I'm not sure, I've gotten spoiled on the one here in town, if they ever go out of business, I dont know what I will do lol.

Man, this community really rocks. Thanks for all the replies & suggestions.

Should have mentioned that I live in Japan, with no shops selling vaporizers or juices nearby. It just hasn't caught on here yet, I think.

Guess I'll go with a couple of variety packs and see where I'll land. Keep you posted.

Again, thanks a lot!

Some websites that make their own juices will let you buy a sample pack. Alice in Vapeland has a package of 16 flavors for like $30 US. Good luck.

Full Member Verified Member

Yea variety packs are a good bet, and I second the one from AiV, I liked almost all of them. And living in guam, I usually order everything anyway. Luckily just found my first B&M with actual decent mods here on island! lol

You could always buy kits and make your own flavors. Who knows, maybe you'll be good at it and be able to sell them?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've been dying to get to the one that I know of but haven't been able to find the time.

As far as knowing what juices you like, I started with "flavors" I like and choose my juice according to that.
    I don't generally eat candy so candy flavored juices I don't even consider.
    Desert flavors (for me) are my first choice, fruit 2nd.

Ultra Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fulgurant View Post
    In my case, I got lucky on the first guess; since I used to smoke Camels, I picked up a bunch of Turkish Tobacco e-liquid from Halo on my first big order. As it turned out, "Turkish Tobacco" didn't taste like tobacco at all to me, but it's bleeping delicious.
    I had a similar experience. I smoked Camels, so I thought "I'll try a Turkish tobacco flavor" (fortunately, I could taste this one before buying). As it turned out, it tasted nothing like a Camel. It did, however, taste a lot like Earl Grey tea (in my opinion), and that's a flavor I like. I got a lot of it and I'm still happily vaping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulgurant View Post
    Don't be surprised if hate flavors you expect to love, or if you end up loving flavors you expect to dislike.
    I'm learning the same. So far I've been very lucky and only disliked two of the flavors I've gotten. But even among the flavors I like, I'm discovering that I could not have accurately predicted which would be my favorites. I didn't really want a raspberry candy flavor, for example, but I've just discovered it's quite tasty to me....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash205 View Post
    If at all possible hit a local store up and sample some stuff.
    If at all possible, yes yes yes. Don't just hunt for one on ECF, either. Search Yelp for "vape," "vaping," etc.

My Vapez over in Herndon is pretty good. Not only do they sell a decent variety of equipment, from Egos to Caravelas, they also let you sample juices and have an ample lounge area for hanging out and chatting. They're opening a 2nd store in Arlington this month.
    Vapoor eyes er and Fulgurant like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast