"Non traditional Smoker" and e-cigs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Non traditional Smoker" and e-cigs?

Default "Non traditional Smoker" and e-cigs?

As the title says, I don't and have never smoked cigarettes for the kick of nicotine however I am far from a non smoker. I personally enjoy hand rolled cigars, already own a small e-cig (Volt @ 0mg), smoke hookah (Shisha) occasionally and nights of heavy drinking smoke cigarettes as a cigar (don't inhale).

I am going to be picking up a EGO-C Twist battery and an undecided cartomizer here this week as there is a litecigusa store not even 1/4 mile from my house. I have some e-liquid coming from smokeless image @ 0mg and hope to be vaping with a heavier vapor end of this week.

So does anyone else smoke e-cigs for other than to quite smoking? I understand most people here are using them to get away from smoking traditional cigarettes. I personally enjoy the calmness of sitting at my desk working toking on a good flavor and feeling the vapor roll through my lips. I feel like you can enjoy e-cigs same as I enjoy a cigar or hookah, its a calming activity, its fun, it creates a social vibe and there are so many flavors to try!

What is everyone's thoughts on e-cigs as a recreational type activity as opposed to just a way to get off of cigarettes?

Quote Originally Posted by scubaru View Post
    As the title says, I don't and have never smoked cigarettes for the kick of nicotine however I am far from a non smoker. I personally enjoy hand rolled cigars, already own a small e-cig (Volt @ 0mg), smoke hookah (Shisha) occasionally and nights of heavy drinking smoke cigarettes as a cigar (don't inhale).
    All of the tobacco products above are delivering nicotine, even when you don't inhale.

So does anyone else smoke e-cigs for other than to quite smoking?
    I'm vaping both to quit cigarettes and as someone who enjoys the ritual activity. In other words, I will probably vape long term simply because I enjoy it. Many non-smokers try vaping, often without nicotine, for enjoyment. And we've got at least one non-smoker here who vapes to avoid snacking.

I personally enjoy the calmness of sitting at my desk working toking on a good flavor and feeling the vapor roll through my lips. I feel like you can enjoy e-cigs same as I enjoy a cigar or hookah, its a calming activity, its fun, it creates a social vibe and there are so many flavors to try!
    This is why I started smoking pipes and cigars in the first place, and why I first smoked cigarettes.

What is everyone's thoughts on e-cigs as a recreational type activity as opposed to just a way to get off of cigarettes?
    Enjoy!
    Vapoor eyes er and tfnc like this.

9/8/13 Magneto/Sig8W/MVP2
    VGan/PG-Free: ECF members with PG allergies

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I enjoyed smoking a cigarette. Every part of it but the smell. I enjoyed smoking a pipe and enjoyed that smell. I still enjoy a nicely wrapped cigar, every other weekend. There is a cigar bar in town that we go to after 11. Get to watch some games and sit with other smoking efficiandos while having a pint and a cigar/cigarette/pipe or even my vape. My lime green volt got a good laugh from some dude that was smoking a tree stump.

Smoke them if you got them.. vape if you prefer.
    Last edited by bluecat; 10-07-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I vape with 0mg juice. My wife vapes with 24mg juice. I do it for the hand to mouth motion after smoking for 15+ years. It's just habit but I still enjoy it when im sitting there watching a movie, sports or just relaxing. Vape away is what is say!

Full Member Verified Member Phoole's Avatar

I concur. I definitely started to quit analogs, but enjoy the act and flavors.

I am not a "traditional smoker" No cigs, but used to do the occasional cigar and hookah. But now I vape exclusively and don't even bother with cigars or hookahs. Easier, cheaper and more convenient. I vape 0 nic and loving it.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran celticluvr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My fiance started to vape to quit smoking..Tampa nugget cigars. I vape for fun, I was a social smoker since I was 11, and am now 23.

Quote Originally Posted by madqatter View Post
    All of the tobacco products above are delivering nicotine, even when you don't inhale.
    Haha I guess I more meant I don't have a dependent or addictive need to the nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecat View Post
    I enjoyed smoking a cigarette. Every part of it but the smell. I enjoyed smoking a pipe and enjoyed that smell. I still enjoy a nicely wrapped cigar, every other weekend. There is a cigar bar in town that we go to after 11. Get to watch some games and sit with other smoking efficiandos while having a pint and a cigar/cigarette/pipe or even my vape. My lime green volt got a good laugh from some dude that was smoking a tree stump.

Smoke them if you got them.. vape if you prefer.
    Nothing like a good beer or mixed drink and a cigar

Quote Originally Posted by MrStik View Post
    I am not a "traditional smoker" No cigs, but used to do the occasional cigar and hookah. But now I vape exclusively and don't even bother with cigars or hookahs. Easier, cheaper and more convenient. I vape 0 nic and loving it.
    I don't think I could ever completely leave cigars, in fact I know I can't. I love going into my humidor and grabbing something different every time or going back to my favorites like Punch, Macanudo or Cohiba.

I would like to replace using friends hookah's with an e-cig. I love the thickness and full body taste of a hookah but not the setup, care, etc.

Maybe I'll find some cigar flavored liquids for a close second to my cigars, so many flavors!
    Last edited by scubaru; 10-07-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Full Member Verified Member

I was a traditional smoker (pack a day), smoked shisha almost every weekend and some week days. I started vaping not necessarily to stop smoking, but to stop inhaling all the toxins and from smelling and tasting like an ashtray.

I still smoke shisha and that will never stop. There is almost nothing like sitting with a group of friends, sipping an a little Gentleman Jack and smoking some rose flavored shisha.

I will, at some point start to reduce the nicotine level in the e-juice I buy, just not yet. I will also continue vaping because there is a sense of calm and the ritualistic nature (as others have mentioned) that I truly enjoy.

Senior Member ECF Veteran RickAppling's Avatar

I never smoked, used tobacco or nicotine. I always use zero nicotine. I just enjoy vaping for a number of reasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast