Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Boba's Bounty For The Begginer

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VaPreis View Post
    I got my first bottle of Boba's Bounty last week and have been vaping it non-stop ever since. The flavor is exactly the type of thing I was looking for as a new vaper. (I would be very open to any suggestions on the other flavors to try that might be in the same category)

Anyway, I like it so much that I've develped a problem with my current set up: It gums up the coil in my Kanger Protank in less than a day, eventually to the point where the protank doesn't vape well anymore.

Currently, I have my Protank on a 1300mah eGo standard eGo battery while I await some VV goodies in the mail.

While I wait for these items to show up, I've been repeatedly cleaning/burning/replacing the heads on my Protank.

Is this a Protank problem, voltage problem, Boba's Bounty problem, or all of the above?

Currently, what I am trying is firing the protank off for a few seconds before I vape....seems to be working better.
    Short answer, there are no alternatives to BB because what makes BB so good is the same thing that makes it a pain in the butt on your equipment. Basically any juice that has more than 50% VG and then those ejuices that have a high sugar content (real sweet) real dark flavours and NET (naturally extracted tobacco) tobaccos. The coil will get real gunky and dirty. If using a cartomizer you will notice it choking up and gets hard to take a draw. If you use a wick type of atomizer you will actually see the coils get blackish and the taste will get sort of harsh or burned tasting.

Solution for me was to revert to direct dripping and get a Reo which is a bottom juice feeding box mod. I went to the source and asked Ben himself what his tried 'n true setups were (at the time he said he used vivi novas and Reos). I also bugged the hell out of folks like Baditude, thinking maybe my problems were user error. And they all agreed, direct dripping juice to coil is probably your best bet.

Here's what Ben had to say earlier in the year..
    Good post! Another option I'm working on is creating a line of similar flavors that are thinner through e-liquid magic (thinner flavors additives, possibly some PG, and distilled water) to work alongside finicky devices like the Vivi Novas and Kanger Type systems. Just to be clear though, this is something I'm just recently beginning to look into. I'll need a whole palette of flavors tested and approved before I put them online for that purpose.

EDIT: so we'd have say Boba's Bounty listed as always, but lower on the list there would be some sort of "tank approved juices" (or something to that effect) With a Boba's flavor derivative that thins the juice, as well as, making it unique and separate from the Boba's recipe (e.g. a Boba's/Sweet Tart Hybrid -- a current favorite of mine for tank use.)
    When asked what to mix BB with (either to stretch out your stash or thin it) Ben said..
    Too many to enumerate. For most people the recipe is "% what I like with % what I also like". I could offer up quite a few but some will like them and others won't. The best thing to do is experiment with flavors you already have a good disposition towards.
    To address your protank issues. You should inhale before you press the fire button. Also inhale after you let go of the fire button. This helps it wick better. You will see bubbles float up which lets you know you're doing it right. Other Bobaholics have suggested you re-wick your heads with cotton instead of the silicia it came with. Obviously this isn't as easy as just removing the flavor wicks that sit on top of the coil but it's also not rocket science either (Phil Busardo has a video on it). So if you are deadset on Protanks and removing the flavor wicks aren't cutting it then rebuilding the heads is the next best thing you can do.

So in conclusion, if you are a bobaholic, get a VVG. Or spend a month and a lot of coin, like I did, to arrive at the same conclusion. And so I don't step on any toes, it doesn't mean I'm saying you cant enjoy BB on a provari with any slew of delivery devices. I was addressing a long-term low-maint way to be a functional bobaholic. I've been using my VVG for 6-7 months now and have since switched to other juices, primarily non-NETs but anything that can consistently handle BB can handle what's out there in my opinion.

Is a Reo for me?

some background info:
    20+ yrs, 2-3 pack a day smoker, cowboy killers
    vaping since sept 23, 2012 with a provari
    became bobaholic feb 2013
    first reo march 2013
    vaper iq: moderate (at time of decision)
    main rig for the foreseeable future: Reos /w BB and Provari /w BFC

RHP

Ive never had many problems with Boba in my Evod, the only thing I do is replace flavor wicks a little more often.

Vape 4 Life Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've been using the protank2 with my bobas from ave, the only change I've made is to replace the flavor wicks with cotton, very simple. I do this daily, takes about 2 minutes. I always have 9-10 coils ready to swap out, 1 per day.

Don't see it being a task at all.

GL OP as any 100% VG juice well gunk up a coil fast.

I suggest trying ave 555 I really like that one to.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    You've tried both? Yet here you state you've never ordered from AVE.

Every single post you've made so far has been an attempt to discredit AVE. I'd suggest backing off and reading up on the forum rules. Thank you.

Forum Rules
    I have not discredited AVE, just said I'd never order from them because of thier variety and lack of products. ( of my interest anyway ). And I have tried both as my friend orders from them. So what rules have I broken? For that matter what about all the attempts to discredit Alien Vapors? When all I have had was very good experiences with them, I'm just stating my opinions about both companies.

Blog Entries

Default Personal attack

Quote Originally Posted by xtwosm0kesx View Post
    Lol, if this wasn't ECF, i would have a few choice words for you sir.

Enjoy buying products from an opportunistic thief, [moderated]. Carry on.
    I was just stating my opinion of both companies. Everyone else is bashing the company that I use on a regular basis. Good experiences everytime. I agree with everyone saying boba's from AVE is the real thing, and I agree that they offer a better boba...but this shouldn't discredit the whole company. There are so many companies with similar names and also product names. Ex.( Ry4 ) thats all.

Enjoy the vape! I smoke butterscotch tobacco and I love it?!

Quote Originally Posted by madqatter View Post
    The OP is using a Kanger Protank. The heads/coils on these are easily replaced-- just unscrew the one you're using and screw in a new one.

But they can also be cleaned (through rinsing and "dry burning") for a while before they're unusable, and the unusable ones that need to be replaced could be rebuilt rather than simply thrown away.

There are many decent YouTube videos about cleaning and dry burning Kanger BCCs such as the Evod, Protank, and Mini Protank, such as this and this. If you're interested in learning to rebuild coils for Kanger BCCs, I recommend searching YouTube for videos such as this and this.
    Thank you!

Kim

Sent from my Motorola RAZR M now Free
    madqatter likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

I need to try Boba's. Hear a lot of great things about it.

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by kimmellee View Post
    Thank you!

Kim
    Off the original topic, but thank you for the videos on rebuilding coils.

Alien makes awesome joose!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VaPreis View Post
    I got my first bottle of Boba's Bounty last week and have been vaping it non-stop ever since. The flavor is exactly the type of thing I was looking for as a new vaper. (I would be very open to any suggestions on the other flavors to try that might be in the same category)

Anyway, I like it so much that I've develped a problem with my current set up: It gums up the coil in my Kanger Protank in less than a day, eventually to the point where the protank doesn't vape well anymore.

Currently, I have my Protank on a 1300mah eGo standard eGo battery while I await some VV goodies in the mail.

While I wait for these items to show up, I've been repeatedly cleaning/burning/replacing the heads on my Protank.

Is this a Protank problem, voltage problem, Boba's Bounty problem, or all of the above?

Currently, what I am trying is firing the protank off for a few seconds before I vape....seems to be working better.
    try alien vision vg hype!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast