Boba's Bounty For The Begginer
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Boba's Bounty For The Begginer

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Default Boba's Bounty For The Begginer

I got my first bottle of Boba's Bounty last week and have been vaping it non-stop ever since. The flavor is exactly the type of thing I was looking for as a new vaper. (I would be very open to any suggestions on the other flavors to try that might be in the same category)

Anyway, I like it so much that I've develped a problem with my current set up: It gums up the coil in my Kanger Protank in less than a day, eventually to the point where the protank doesn't vape well anymore.

Currently, I have my Protank on a 1300mah eGo standard eGo battery while I await some VV goodies in the mail.

While I wait for these items to show up, I've been repeatedly cleaning/burning/replacing the heads on my Protank.

Is this a Protank problem, voltage problem, Boba's Bounty problem, or all of the above?

Currently, what I am trying is firing the protank off for a few seconds before I vape....seems to be working better.
    RedhatPat likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member RandomFellow's Avatar

Not that I often vape pure Boba's Bounty (I currently mix it with Thug Juice from MBV), but when I have in the past I haven't had any problems with it. Did you get it from Alien Visions or that scam place Alien Vapors?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

If you got your Bobas from Ave, then its 100% VG. Its a little thick for the protanks, try adding a drop or 2 of distilled water to thin it out.
    baseballmom likes this.

AVE's Boba's Bounty is 100% VG. It's thick, and dark. It will gunk up coils, and does.

Watch Youtube for videos pertaining to recoiling Protank heads with your own supplies.
    madqatter likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Woohooo another convert!

Unfortunately the gunking is unavoidable, as jef says it will gunk up coils really quick.

With rebuilt heads using cotton main wicks, i generally just rewick my head EVERY tank.

If you want a little less hassle, keep your silica main for dry burning, and use cotton flavor wicks that you pitch every time you clean.

Its worth the work.
    peraspera, Talyon and IBCR Media like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by CABBA View Post
    Just who do you think you are? Stalin? Or some keyboard warrior, AVE fan boy, Power Ranger wanna be.

ECF Veteran

You can also try removing one or both of the flavor wicks on the protank coils for thicker juices. Boba's is my favorite too but I don't use it in my protanks. If you like banana, try the AVE Gorilla Juice. It's basically Boba's with banana and I find it nice to swap back in forth with Boba's.
    entropy1049 and baseballmom like this.

Supporting Member

Luckily, I found a thread on this forum before I accidently placed an order with "Alien Vapors" and not Alien Visions, and I'm so glad for that.

I will try the water trick.

Any chance that increasing the voltage will help this?

EDIT: I should have previously added that I've already removed both the flavor wicks, but it still becomes problem.
    timk likes this.

Rockin' Micro's on Cotton Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Get an IGO-L and drip it and gunked up coils will be much more manageable.
    Grateful4jerry likes this.
    Vicious Ant: Valkyrie #1713 - Atmomixani: Nemesis #5884 - Flawless: Tugboat #1769 - Loki Lab: Omega #3227 - VHO: Helios #1435, Titan #5326 - Madz Modz: NZonic V3 #3406

I became a BB's new user 3 weeks ago. Awesome juice. I only use Kanger EVODs and only have to change the coils once a week. I don't dilute it. So far so good. I love my ProTank but can't get past the metallic taste.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I vape evods, I use cotton flavor wicks. I also clean my tank every tank or two and throw the cotton out when I clean it and replace them. Have you tried House Blend from Copper Creek. I would say it is similar, and delicious. It's another one of those flavors you can't really pinpoint like bobas. I get graham cracker from bobas and couldn't tell you from House. It changes a lot with seeping and different voltages.
    Last edited by DanG; 10-08-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    bcme likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast