E-Cig overheating?

Thread: E-Cig overheating?

Default E-Cig overheating?

Hello,

I have had my E-Cig for about two weeks. The E-Cig often feels like its overheating. When it does feel that way, i cannot draw much smoke from it, and sometimes i feel a burning sensation in my throat that i dont normally feel. I use the SS Choice no. 7 stealth. Does anyone know what the problem is??

Super Member ECF Veteran

I am not familiar with your model, but that's what happens when my attys are fixin to die. They atty and the vapor get very hot but there is little to no vapor production. I have a ziploc of about ten attys that aren't dead, but aren't usable because of this. Sorry, you probably need a new atty.

BTW anyone have any suggestions for last ditch efforts to save these attys?

PV Master ECF Veteran

I get burning sensation when my atty is dry.

I direct drip 2 drops, take 13 hits , repeat; I get consistent performance.

Sometimes my carts don't wick consistently so I prefer to direct drip.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

if this is a 510 atty chances are that you might be taking too long or too frequent of hits on it. The heat remains for awhile after you stop hitting it.

also attys that are well used can cause this. they tend to overheat.

try a new atty and see. give the device time to disipate haet between uses..

What is an atty?

Super Member ECF Veteran

atty = atomizer. That's the part highlighted in this pic by the arrow. That's the heating coil that vapourises the liquid. It does get hot as you use it. The more you use it the hotter it gets. If it gets too hot take a break for a few minutes to let it cool down.

Last edited by BadSeed; 11-08-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

RIMP gave me some advice to revive attys that weren't working right, it worked on about half of them. here's a link to what I did
    Just revived 6 of 11 attys

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran vapn's Avatar

I can usually get a failing atty back by running 6v though it. It really wakes them up. I don't know how you could do this without a mod though.
    Other than that you can usually count them down for the count. I have tried all the steam and other methods but it is usually just good practice to keep extras on hand. I get them in 5 packs now for this reason. They are consumables and usually can be expected to last for about two to three weeks max. That is not to say that I have not had some last me for months either. Cause I have had a few 510 atties last me four months.