Syringes and E-liquid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Syringes and E-liquid

Question Syringes and E-liquid

I've been vaping since May (of this year), and I've found pretty much all the informations I was looking for on these forums. There's just one small question I haven't found the answer to.

Some e-juice bottles are kind of a pain when it comes to filling my tank (the Halo ones were the absolute worst I remember), so I went to my local pharmacy and bought a syringe. I asked for the largest needle diameter they had, since VG juice can be very thick, but I still feel a sizeable resistance when drawing e-liquid in and out.
    Can this possibly thin it and/or have negative impacts on vaping? I didn't know at the time, but I found out that most e-cig shops are selling syringes, which I assume may have a wider needle. Should I get one of those instead?

Thanks

Blog Entries

The e-cig shops are selling the syringes they picked up at their local pharmacy......they are the same, the needle (you should blunt them) should be as big as will fit your particular carto, I mostly use a 18 ga, with 50/50 juice. The resistance is normal and won't hurt the juice.
    NiNi likes this.
    I'm puffin' on a pipe bomb and carrying a detonator in my pocket,
    so just what was it you wanted to hassle me about ?? (No, I do not sub-ohm, pipe bomb is a joke)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran evgeny131's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very easy to order online- litecigusa, electronicstix are some vendors I use...
    sometimes you can select a gauge-
    i use 18 gauge...
    come in 3ml, 5ml, 10ml sizes....
    different gauge needles are available, I would not recommend above 18 gauge.....too small for comfort....
    NiNi likes this.
    It's The Last Pic, I Promise!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Go to a veterinary supply, they carry big needles, here in Texas we get them at the Farm and Ranch Supply.
    1990FOXBODY, swampman and NiNi like this.
    Smoke Free Since September 9, 2009

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

You can also buy a needle nose bottle. I really like those especially since I started using a Mini Davide. They look like this Bottles & Caps - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoTutu View Post
    You can also buy a needle nose bottle. I really like those especially since I started using a Mini Davide. They look like this Bottles & Caps - MyFreedomSmokes.com
    I've been using these, and you can get a short plastic needle for it. I use 14ga, and they get wider towards the top- so I can trim them down to a very wide 6ga.
    NiNi likes this.
    People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zind View Post
    I've been vaping since May (of this year), and I've found pretty much all the informations I was looking for on these forums. There's just one small question I haven't found the answer to.

Some e-juice bottles are kind of a pain when it comes to filling my tank (the Halo ones were the absolute worst I remember), so I went to my local pharmacy and bought a syringe. I asked for the largest needle diameter they had, since VG juice can be very thick, but I still feel a sizeable resistance when drawing e-liquid in and out.
    Can this possibly thin it and/or have negative impacts on vaping? I didn't know at the time, but I found out that most e-cig shops are selling syringes, which I assume may have a wider needle. Should I get one of those instead?

Thanks
    Yes, and get the blunt needles. The sharp ones are dangerous and really too small to fit the juice thru. I use a guage 14 for all vg and an 16-18 gauge for filling my tanks and cartos. The luer lock needles are better than the slip on ones too.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by r77r7r View Post
    I've been using these, and you can get a short plastic needle for it. I use 14ga, and they get wider towards the top- so I can trim them down to a very wide 6ga.
    It may well be you that recommended them in the first place on another thread. The needle gauge is ginormous compared to what I was using. I do like that you can take the needle off and put a closed tip cap on when out and about with it.
    Last edited by FlamingoTutu; 10-11-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typo
    r77r7r and NiNi like this.

If it helps you any I use these...they sell them on most online vape stores as well.
    E-liquid Refiller Bottle for Electronic Cigarette (10mL) E-liquid Refiller Bottle for Electronic Cigarette (10mL)

I find them usefully as I mix some of my ejuices. For instance a coffee, caramel, and vanilla that have in separate 30 ml bottles. Sometimes I do more coffee sometimes more caramel, etc. I just shove the 30 ml bottle into the top of that bottle and squeeze real hard. I agree some of those bottles you have to squeeze forever to get anything out of.

At any rate once that is filled you can fill carts, tanks, etc pretty easily with no fuss...just screw the needle lid back on put in place and give it a light squeeze and it comes out just fine.
    FlamingoTutu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingoTutu View Post
    It may well be you that recommended them in the first place on another thread. The needle gauge is ginormous compared to what I was using. I do like that you can take the needle off and put a closed tip cap on when out and about with it.
    I just use them to fill my side-fill carto tanks. Like 3 seconds for a 5ml tank, lol.
    FlamingoTutu likes this.
    People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast