Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New vaper, having problems.....

Default New vaper, having problems.....

I am new to the vaping scene. After a little trial and error I have finally found what I like. Ego-c battery with smoktech bottom coil tank and using 6mg nicotine. I am having a problem with one of my tanks. I was using it, working fine, and then I added more juice to it. After I did that it wouldn't give any vapor. I let it sit for a bit and then it work for a few hits and then stopped again. After letting it sit again for a bit, it worked for a while and then stopped again. Its intermittent and I don't know why. Any suggestions??

Welcome, nice to meet you. Could be dirty/clogged coil/wick, battery issue. Take a look in the end of the battery and see if the atomizer is leaking. Clean the contacts on both the atomizer and battery. Sometimes the center pin of the battery can get pushed in if you are over tightening. Good luck and have fun!
    May your wick never burn and your tank never run dry...

Thank you. I don't think it is the battery as it works fine with the other two tanks I have. How would I clean a dirty/clogged coil/wick?

I put my Protank heads in a glass of water for an hour or two, take off the stem and dry burn them. Please check out some Youtube videos. It is better to watch how to do it properly than write it. Good luck and have fun!
    May your wick never burn and your tank never run dry...

Blog Entries

Make sure you do not have it screwed down so tight that it's not getting enough air.
    fundoodman likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member rwmeade's Avatar

welcome to this great forum. i'm almost having the same issue. i have one tank that works great with my battery, but the other one i bought doesn't work at all. the members on this forum are great and they should be able to help you.

Thanks for the information everyone. RW I'm finding out very quickly that this is the best site I have found and really like everything I have seen so far

the protank 2 is great for beginners! i had the same problems, a while back, with my protank 1.

my suggestions, (hopefully this helps!)
    -unscrew the tank section (the way you would if you were filling up the juice)
    -then unscrew the atomizer head and clean off the connection.
    -screw it back in but this time tighter than you usually would (not too tight though)
    -clean off the eco battery connection (the part that screws into the protank)
    -use a small screwdriver or a medium sized needle to raise the center-pin (the connection) of the ego battery (almost as if you were using a crowbar to open a door)
    -screw the whole thing (without the tank section) on to your ego battery (make sure you screw it tighter than you usually would
    -now press the battery button, and if it fires then do a few dry burns (meaning pulse the battery for increments of 4 seconds untill the wick has no juice and the coil turns red)
    -screw everything back together and it should work like new

repeat these steps regularly, like every 3 days

IF: the protank still doesnt fire, it could just bee a faulty atomizer,,, jjust replace the atty and it should be fine.. if that doesnt work, its probobly your battery. ivest in something like a Vamo or get into mechancals for rebuildables.

This sort of thing happens with these types of tank - battery configurations, just make sure everything is screwed in tight and cleaned. also remember to dry burn regularly!

i hope this helps

[QUOTE=OldSeer;10952614]Make sure you do not have it screwed down so tight that it's not getting enough air.[/QUOTE

great point!, i forgot about this, this is importaint!!

Senior Member Verified Member rwmeade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake74 View Post
    Thanks for the information everyone. RW I'm finding out very quickly that this is the best site I have found and really like everything I have seen so far
    same here and i just started vaping yesterday and joined this forum yesterday as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast