Gone and done it..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Gone and done it..

Default Gone and done it..

Well I just received my first real liquid order from Halo. I had ordered the Tribeca and Midnight Apple flavors and a 5 pack of fresh cartos. I filled em up per instructions read around the web. I load it on up take the first two or three vapes off of it and it tastes like pure burnt crap.. might of burned my carto.. but I doubt it. So I go ahead and fill another carto up of Midnight Apple. This time being cautious I only take one good size vape and ... tastes disgusting like potpourri.. real bad. Truly nasty.

I figured I need to let the bottles steep?

Did I ruin the cartos by putting un steeped juice in there?

Off to the local mall I went to the TecheCig kiosk and grab a cheap looking clearomizer (says e-smart on the bottom), some caramel and menthol juice. (Please tell me the flavors get better!) At least the workers were cool and let me try a lot of ehh.. flavors. I really hope that my Halo juice makes a turn a for the better. I also read about using warm water baths to help steep faster? Just looking for some guidance..

Thanks!

Super Member ECF Veteran

I did the same thing with an order from MTBV.
    Tasted like perfume.
    Now when I get an order I set it aside for min 10 days. That way I can tell if I really dont like it.
    Some say that certain flavors are good right away, I'm not taking that chance.

Super Member ECF Veteran MikeJA's Avatar

Wish I could help, but it's difficult to do so on a forum.

Sounds like your first carto may not have been saturated enough. Once that polyfill burns, the carto's dead flavor-wise. Second one sounds like a juice that is simply not to your liking. Steeping has no effect on the carto.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Is it possible you didn't let the juice soak up into the wicks/cartos long enough?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

It'll take awhile before you figure out what your preferred flavor profile is - what kind of juices you like. It could be sweet pastry types, tobacco only, spicy, or sweet, tart, sour like myself.

For now, boil a bowl of water, pull it out of the microwave and put your bottles of juice in a plastic freezer bag, and put the freezer bag of juice bottles in this hot water. Let the juice get heated up and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE it! Take the bottles of juice from the freezer bag and take the lids off and let them sit and cool. This is a quick type of steeping and I've read it is equivalent to 3 days of steeping. The heat and shaking gets the VG, PG, nicotine, and flavoring to mix and meld while the airing of the juice with the lids off gets the perfume smell and alcohol to dissipate.

Next - the burning... what are you vaping with? What kind of mod? What kind of atomizer? Tank, cartomizer, clearomizer? It all depends...

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

I've read that attys sometimes have a primer substance in them from the manufacturing process that takes a few (6-7) puffs to burn off. I know my EVOD attys taste like burning for the first 5-6 puffs then it breaks in nice. That may be your problem.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk now Free

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'd boil the cartos to get the juice out. Works good even for strong menthol juices ime. Then let the juice steep and give it another shot in a week or two. Preferably two

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

All of these factors could play a role.. I read the card that came with the juice and it said it will dramatically change flavors between 24-48 hrs. But these were truly horible. The Tibeca tasted nothing like caramel and the apple tasted like.. well not apple. Im using a Halo G6 with cartomizers from Halo. I just bought the clearomizer? for use of the cheap caramel stuff. Just wanted to see the difference between the cartos and the clearomizers.

If I'm not mistaken Halo pre steeps their juices. Filling a carto for the first time takes a little while for the fluid to reach the coil through capillary action.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie2 View Post
    All of these factors could play a role.. I read the card that came with the juice and it said it will dramatically change flavors between 24-48 hrs. But these were truly horible. The Tibeca tasted nothing like caramel and the apple tasted like.. well not apple. Im using a Halo G6 with cartomizers from Halo. I just bought the clearomizer? for use of the cheap caramel stuff. Just wanted to see the difference between the cartos and the clearomizers.
    I agree about Tribecca, it and Silverthorne from Johnson Creek are similar and neither have much of a Caramel note at all, more like an RYO than and RY4. I would say it was akin to the flavor of mid/low grade plain pipe tobacco.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast