Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Btsmokincat

Thread: I vapor-X XPS kit is a trap!

Blog Entries

Angry I vapor-X XPS kit is a trap!

I bought a I Vapor-X XPS kit for $20 from my local tobacco shop (something they just started to sell besides Blu's and disposables). I was waiting for a Kanger EVOD kit to be delivered and I figured worst case I'll have an extra battery and charger.

As far as I can tell, I vapor-x is a new company (ivaporx.com) and have an extremely overpriced website. The kit is a 650mah battery, a Ce4 type tank and a USB charger. This was my very first ego type set up. It all worked fairly well, good battery life and vapor production.

The bad news came when I got my EVOD kit (absolutely love it and vapedojo has the best price and fast shipping!). I tried to screw an EVOD tank on to the XPS battery. I suddenly realized I couldn't! The threads on the XPS battery are far more course!

xps vs evod.jpg

The XPS is the top one, EVOD on the bottom. To be fair, ivaporx does not say their batteries are EGO's. My noob assumption was my mistake. Maybe I can save some other noob the headache.

So please be warned if you buy one of these kits you will be stuck using only their tanks!
    Last edited by Btsmokincat; 10-14-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Lia B Sassy likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Thanks for the 'heads up.'

That sucks! I would be upset too, it looks so much like an ego type. Luckily it was only $20 so many new vapers are taken in by the over priced mini starter kits and are out a lot more cash. Hopefully your info will help others not to do the same as you.
    Good Luck!

I had originally planned to get one of the Vapor X models as I have a friend that's had one for months. Advantage to hers is that, looking from the end, it's an oval shape and not likely to roll off the table as my EVOD has many times now. I'm busy building little stands for mine to sit on.

On the bright side, it's never really bad to have a spare in case something happens to your primary unit. At least that's how I see it.

Well over Ten Thousand cigarettes NOT smoked in just over 7 months. Now, that's a milestone!

Blog Entries

The vapor-x I just bought was not oval shaped. It is nice to have a back up and it does work pretty good but sucks that it is not interchangeable with any other parts. I assume these vapor-x's will start popping up at convenience and tobacco shops. Buyer beware!

@Recycled Roadkill: I used Sculpey (polymer clay) to make stands for my EVOD's. Its very simple and economical, they clays are under $3 at a craft store and you just roll a small portion into a ball place it on a flat surface stick in the end of the battery or a similar sized object press and make a hole for it to go in then bake the clay. Attractive and affordable.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I wonder if it's a Go-go knockoff... if so, you can find some accessories here: THE GO-GO

I know the go-go is not compatible with eGo stuff, and I doubt that the manufacturer of your battery used a completely proprietary threading.

The threading is a 601 compared to the more 'standard' 510. I think, dont quote me, the 601 is more 'standard' in the e-pipes

here is the site to buy the adapter to use your xps (601 treading) battery with the ego(510 treading) cartomizer. its like $9 plus shipping its worth it to be able to use your battery.

planetvape.ca and look up 601 battery to 510 cartomizer