Juice companies to avoid? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Juice companies to avoid?

Full Member Verified Member

Default grandmaster...

I have a big glass bottle of that I've been letting steep, it kinda smells like nail polish right now but seems like it could be something good in time. How long do you let yours steep?
    SoCalMichelle likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Look thru the negative review section. That's about all I can offer.

There are so many vendors and no matter who you don't like, somebody else will love them.

If you want recommendations, mine would be
    Copper Creek
    Ahlusions
    Plume Room
    The Vapor Room (killer good deals for new customers!~)
    Talyon likes this.

TC's given: ~9/27/12~ ~ 11/17/2012~~04/01/2013/TC rec'd: 03/09/2013

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i guess this thread has already proven that there arent any to avoid then. i dont touch dekang and i think theyre nasty. to each their own.

as far as steeping i let it steep until it tastes good. if i get to a couple months then i know its not going to get much better if at all and toss it.

Default Ha Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by LDS714 View Post
    Absolutely stay away from Five Pawns. Once you try their stuff, you won't like most other juices, and their (somewhat high) prices may seem reasonable. Under no circumstances try Grandmaster, especially if like peanut butter, bananas and caramel.

That being said, I need to go pick up another bottle of it tomorrow...

ETA: VulcanVape in Birmingham carries it...
    I'm having the same problem with Gambit.....bought 2 bottles!
    madqatter and SoCalMichelle like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My best advice is; find out where they are located, and lookup the location on GoogleMaps.

Avoid businesses registered in a residence; it's not an appropriate environment for a mixing lab.

If you can't even find the address (even after checking the domain registration on WHOIS), then forget about them. *always* avoid sites registered less than 10 days. Be wary if it's less than 3 months.

Lookup the company registration information. You should always be able to find the business owner's name.

And always read over a site's shipping and return policy.
    Penner, Talyon, AngiBe and 1 others like this.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

As previously posted, Alien Vapor has a bad rep. I haven't heard bad things about their juices, but they purposely called their company "Alien Vapor," which is very close to "Alien Visions" and they make clones of well known Alien Visions products like Boba's Bounty. Riding on the back of someone else's reputation isn't cool.

Another vendor to avoid is Catskill Mountain Vapor Store. Google is your friend about this one. [Moderated]

ETA: Every once and awhile a shill for Catskill shows up on ECF. You can always tell, since it's a new member and their first post is always about how great Catskill is.
    Last edited by retired1; 10-15-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Inappropriate
    Penner, Talyon, AngiBe and 1 others like this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/Atty?

Quote Originally Posted by LDS714 View Post
    Absolutely stay away from Five Pawns. Once you try their stuff, you won't like most other juices, and their (somewhat high) prices may seem reasonable. Under no circumstances try Grandmaster, especially if like peanut butter, bananas and caramel.

That being said, I need to go pick up another bottle of it tomorrow...
    I don't even LIKE peanut butter with bananas and I think that Grandmaster is awesome.

I'm also into Queenside and... I need to stop thinking about this.

I personally only buy from local vendors. I have a good relationship with the owner of the place I'm going now and I actually know where he gets his ingredients, what they are, and the person who mixes for me. I guess my approach is something along the lines of "Who do you trust more, the farmer in the next county you've seen feed the cow, butcher it and serve it up on a plate, or the greasy teenager at McDonalds frying up pink mystery slime?"

I have to say, I would NEVER order fluid from FastTech, or anything from a head shop or gas station. The only exception to that rule is a place here called Smokies House of Pipes. Their fluid comes from a local vendor walking distance from my house. Of course, considering the circumstances, I would much rather just buy direct.

Ive only ordered from Alien Visions, expecting some in the mail tomorrow. After that I think im going to order from Mount Baker Vapor because ive heard alot of good things about them.
    Fullknight and Talyon like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran happydave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarsAndBars View Post
    I must hardily disagree. Totally Wicked is very much over priced, and Johnson Creek... I've tried juices for three years and actually ordered a 10 juice sampler pack from them. Honestly all of their juice tastes like what I would imagine water used for boiling hot dogs would taste like ( I don't know any other way to describe it). Sorry man, but those two vendors belong on the 'avoid' list.

I wouldn't avoid DeKang as a juice. It really depends on the vendor (many vendors sell it). Matter of fact it's pretty decent.
    you say Totally Wicked is over price, but how many company's can you name that pay for gas chromatography testing (about $500 per test) then publish the results online for everyone to see? i can name one and only one juice company that does.. TW.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast